It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

duude, look! (Sighting)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
so, anyhow. I'm new this forum. I've been reading this forum for the last year or so. and just recently started posting...mostly to kill time at my job I work at...anyway, I've been digging quite abit lately..on theories and such. beleivers/non-beleivers....so I thought. I'd look up things in my area. in upper michigan...specifically a shut-down air base in raco, michigan that used to hold missiles...rumors have been rabid around here since the late 80's that its still active....but, wait I'm getting off topic.

tonight a friend of mine had picked me up from work. and he said he seen a weird light pass over head....there is "Air canada" and a small airport in "kinross michigan"..(so theres always planes flying by) that used to be an old airbase...and alot of rumors about that to..we had pulled into the parking lot of where I work and we seen a weird air-plane over head...but, after watching it a few seconds it was completely still...we were just about to get out of the car..."hoping to snap a pic" and then it shot off realfast
north-west towards canada < I'm by the canadian border>...it was only about 200 feet above ground from Lake superior/mouth of st. maries river

the weird part about this experience is that before I started hard-core looking for facts about things around my area....I just happen to see such a thing...is this mere coincidence?

it had air-plane characteristics....I couldn't make out the shape...but, the lights were prevalant...looked like lights on wings...a white light on top..and multicolors on the bottom blue/red/white/green"

there are always planes around here...but, none that stop in mid-air for along time then shoot off real real fast...from low altitudes

[edit on 2-1-2006 by waffleprime]

[edit on 2-1-2006 by waffleprime]

[edit on 3-1-2006 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I've always wondered why it is that aliens from another world would use the same lighting display on their vehicles as we do; let alone using lights on the outside of the craft anyway. That just doesn't make any sense. So, to me anyway, it's either a plane, or a secret gov't craft. I suggest getting a good digital camera.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
A Harrier jet could perform the maneuver you stated.

There is another jet that can do this as well, but I've only got one source on that (though it's a good one), and I'm not sure if that's still a classified ability of the plane...

As for Kinross, do a search on the "Kinross UFO" incident, as the stories you're referring to are likely around this incident of a missing plane while chasing a UFO.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Sounds good, yes a harrier could i suppose do that, as can some other VTOL Aircraft. You know about it when a harrier is above u tho! My ears hurt last time lol!!!!

Ummm thinking about it, aliens could put lights on their vehicles to try to blend in with the Air Traffic, or maybe they would rather have their presence noticed rather than be crashed into by an aircraft!!!

Maybe the aliens got festive!!!

Maybe the 'alien' craft you see are some sort of decoy, to make you think you saw the aliens, but maybe what you saw wasn't the full story. Maybe you were too busy looking at the Christmas tree Spaceship rather than the aliens being picked up from doing a secret task behind you. Well, you can't be too sure!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
you know other than the harrier a much faster version of the yf 22 has been made with harrier take off technology

jra

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamienLB
you know other than the harrier a much faster version of the yf 22 has been made with harrier take off technology

There is no such version of the F-22 that can take off vertically. I think you're talking about the F-35.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I called the canadian air-port...just to see...they rudely discourged me from asking about radar and such...I then contacted a small air-port thats located in sault st. marie. they were more helpful. they informed me that there was no planes in the area at that time.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

There is no such version of the F-22 that can take off vertically. I think you're talking about the F-35.

Damien knows more than you think there....
Who've you been talking to Damien???

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
im an aircraft enthusist ive seen pictures while at a airshow of a f 22 with a single vertical port underneath

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If it was by the canadian border it could be the Eurofighter, i know the uk trains alot in Canada, that has some crazy manoverabilitys(not sure that it can hover, tho).

Just my two pence(sterling
)

Pickle.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Interesting that you mention a blue light being visible. I'm not aware of blue lights being any part of aviation nav lights. If blue is not a color in FAA nav light configuration, and you indeed saw one, your account is compelling.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
I've always wondered why it is that aliens from another world would use the same lighting display on their vehicles as we do; let alone using lights on the outside of the craft anyway. That just doesn't make any sense. So, to me anyway, it's either a plane, or a secret gov't craft. I suggest getting a good digital camera.

It may be possible that what we see as lights on the outside of the craft are not intended as "lights", but serve another purpose, as in propulsion for example. But of course we just don't know, they could be serving as any number of operational components of the craft, and their functions we have no knowledge of.

There is the strong possibility however, that some of these sightings are covert dept. of defense aircraft.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
you dont think that if youve been studing our planet that you wouldnt put camoflauge on at night to confuse people so they couldnt reconize that you arent suppose to be here (aka lights)

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEMA
Interesting that you mention a blue light being visible. I'm not aware of blue lights being any part of aviation nav lights. If blue is not a color in FAA nav light configuration, and you indeed saw one, your account is compelling.

Indeed. Blue is a pain in the arse colour to see at night, so wouldn't make for a good nav light.

As well as being naturally pale and blending easily with natural light, especially in the dark, blue lighting is also masked by moonlight.

Tis why warning lights are in red.

Not that I am an expert by any means, but I read it in a book

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I agree with what you say. Interestingly, a man I once chatted with extensively about UFOs to -- he said he was in the military (confirmed) and involved with UFOs (sketchy) -- said that when they got news of a blue light in a report or sighting, they paid particular attention to it . . . said that his team had encountered blue lights many times on recovery efforts.

I can only say this about his integrity, he is stating what he believes to be true.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamienLB
you dont think that if youve been studing our planet that you wouldnt put camoflauge on at night to confuse people so they couldnt reconize that you arent suppose to be here (aka lights)

You obviously haven't considered the possibility that maybe "they", (whoever "they" are) see no reason for the use of camouflage.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
well, hmm. interestingly...from the same air port I called. who informed me that no planes were in the air. this happens a couple days later.

www.sooeveningnews.com...

on ours news network, it said the plane was flying "erratic" and other planes were experiencing the same thing do to the freezing slush weather.

but, does erratic, mean staying in place and shooting off instantly at high speeds?!?!

new topics

top topics

join