It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox Loading Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well as you can see in this thread my copy of firefox is having some issues. Well I reinstalled it and I also updated all my spyware software ran a scan and am now running another and the first scan picked up a few things I got rid of them but it didn't clear it up. After this scan I am gonna restart my computer and see if it is fixed if not I won't be able to use chat (oh no!)

EDIT: Sometimes it also renders the page wrong and like certain images won't load.

EDIT to add: www.abovetopsecret.com... that Image won't show either.

I fixed it myself NVM!!!

[edit on 1/2/06 by cpr12r]

[edit on 1/2/06 by cpr12r]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Take a screenshot.

Check your hosts file (C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\) for any mention of abovetopsecret.com.

And uhh...switch to Linux.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

Probably the best advice to ever appear on any computer help forum.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownOrigins

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

Probably the best advice to ever appear on any computer help forum.

Indeed.

Im a Gentoo user aswell. Haven't experienced anything with spyware, viruses, or things of this nature.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well yeah like I said I fixed it myself some weird thing in my preferences was checked turned out it wasn't a spyware problem. Yeah I'm keeping windows on this comptuer but I'm saving up to buy a cheap computer and run linux on it and learn some stuff with it like perl and stuff.....

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
Well yeah like I said I fixed it myself some weird thing in my preferences was checked turned out it wasn't a spyware problem. Yeah I'm keeping windows on this comptuer but I'm saving up to buy a cheap computer and run linux on it and learn some stuff with it like perl and stuff.....

Speaking of a cheap computer to run Linux on...
I have Gentoo installed on a 300MHz Pentium II laptop (6GB hard drive, 128MB RAM) that was being thrown away. I wasn't brave enough to do a stage1 install on that thing and stage2 was taking forever so I chickened out and did stage3, and it's actually not that slow unless I have 2 firefox windows and openoffice running. A much, much different story, however, running it on my Athlon64 3400. In fact, I don't believe I've ever seen it use any of the swap file

top topics

join