It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rage Against the Machine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Darkness is another really good lesser known RATM track indeed. Any hip hoppers who like Rage would do well to check out Immortal Technique. Best political rap since Chuck D.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Me thinks sardion2000 has no idea of what he speaks. Anyone who says something like that clearly has no idea of what Rage are about.

Oh and yea I forgot to mention I have some Immortal Technique tracks too. He definately is the best political Hip-Hop around atm. And that Darkness track is also on the Live & Rare album, as well as Clear The Lane.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I also have no idea wtf sardion is talking about.

I didnt like Darkness that much. I did, however, like Narrows from their demo. Thats a pretty kickass song. Also, a remix of Bombs Over Baghdad (Outkast) with Rage. The Tool tribute to KISS, Calling Dr.Love, has Tom and Brad on it, and I really like it too. Tom and Brad also redid Snoop Bounce, it was on one of Snoop Dogg's singles. Its also pretty good.

They have alot of good music that wasnt on their albums.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I liked RATM when I was in high school but got tired of Zack constant bashing of the US. I remember he went on once on US state sponsored terrorism against the zapatista rebels down in Mexico. Please!!!If we had wanted to take the zapatistas out we would have sent a couple of A-Teams down their and that pretty much would have been it.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This state sponsored terrorism you speak of is very true. We "sponsor" this by giving $ and arms to defeat the rebels who just want a little more say in their governing bodies. It is terrible. It isnt even logical to say that we couldnt wipe out the EZLN. We could conquer all of Mexico IF we wanted to.

Zacks views (or RATM as a whole) may be a little too communist, or anti-imperialist for some, but it doesnt make the things he says untrue. I implore you to find outright lies in his statements or lyrics. You may find different interpretations/opinions, but not lies.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I can remember how bloody brutal that first album sounded when it came out (i was 17). Even though Zach's voice isn't the greatest in the world it still sounds bloody convincing! I love the no-nonsense vocals-bass-drums-guitar sound, no millions-of-overdubs here. Like "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" by the Chilis its a totally organic sound made by a band that is musically joined at the hip. Sensational. "Guerilla Radio" from the later album is another belter. Full marks from glastonaut!

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by glastonaut
I can remember how bloody brutal that first album sounded when it came out (i was 17). Even though Zach's voice isn't the greatest in the world it still sounds bloody convincing! I love the no-nonsense vocals-bass-drums-guitar sound, no millions-of-overdubs here. Like "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" by the Chilis its a totally organic sound made by a band that is musically joined at the hip. Sensational. "Guerilla Radio" from the later album is another belter. Full marks from glastonaut!

Not to mention the killer cover art for their first Album. The self immolating monk. Here is a little known fact about the art:

On Rage Against The Machine's first album, the cover is a Pulitzer prize winning photo of a burning monk. The Vietnamese Buddist monk is Thich Quang Duc, who burned himself to death. This act of self-immolation was protesting against the Prime Minister Ngo Dih Diem who was oppressing the Buddhist religion. (thanks, Gilbert - Amarillo, TX)
www.artistfacts.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Definately the best album cover of my generation.

When you know the story behind it (I thought he was protesting Vietnam) it is even better. It shows the most extreme limits of RATM's beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join