It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Impeaching Clinton: What They Said

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is a great little piece of research. Very interesting. The height of hypocrisy: living by the double standard.

Tom Delay (R-TX):
"This nation sits at a crossroads. One direction points to the higher road of the rule of law. Sometimes hard, sometimes unpleasant, this path relies on truth, justice and the rigorous application of the principle that no man is above the law. Now, the other road is the path of least resistance. This is where we start making exceptions to our laws based on poll numbers and spin control. This is when we pitch the law completely overboard when the mood fits us, when we ignore the facts in order to cover up the truth.

No man is above the law, and no man is below the law. That’s the principle that we all hold very dear in this country."
bulldogpolitics.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
He must of been wearing earplugs when he said this...

but everything is different now!! 9/11, remember...we're at war, so, the president and his pals have the power to do whatever they want.......

I don't know if legally they have all the power that they claim, kind of doubt it, but it sure would explain why we find ourselves in war so often......it gives some this awesome power!!!

if this is all legal, we should change the laws asap!!! it's too much of a motive to create wars!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The silence on this is deafening.

Here we have a nice handful of judgementally juicy quotes re: holding Clinton responsible for being reprehensible in office, and there's near zero response. Kind of shines the light of hypocrisy in the faces of those who look.

Of course, it is the holidays...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Woah... hypocritical politicians! Who'da thunk it?

I would imagine that the lack of responses is, at least in part, rooted in the fact that most of us already know that politicians are hypocritical-- it's one of the prerequisites for holding office, after all. They have to be all things to all people at all times, so fluid and even contradictory purported beliefs are inevitable. Well... that and the fact that they're, probably without exception, despicable mendacious scum.

Most of the examples aren't particularly pertinent, since they currently have no involvement in any sort of blatantly criminal activities (that we know of). DeLay's statements, of course, are interesting, simply because of his own current legal woes. However, the fact that he clearly doesn't live up to the standard for which he called (duh...) doesn't mean that his statements then were any less valid. All it means to me is that somebody else needs to stand up and (probably hypocritically, but no less legitimately for that) make the same sort of statements about him.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Funny that the best excuse of all is 9/11, in the name of 9/11 we must given away everything that we held dear and that included forgetting that our politicians lie all the time.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
A lot of people around here may not believe this, and I don't give a XXX'X XXX.. but back in '94 when the Republicans took over congress, I was beyond elated. I was one of those Reagan Revolution die-hards. I was all about that Contract for America and cleaning up politics. I honestly believed in these Republicans who were taking over our government. I naiivly believed that they would restore some come kind of honor and decency to the offices they were about to serve. Somehow along the way they have become more vile and corrupt than the deadbeats they swept out of office all those years before. It's really hard for me to see. Especially considering how idealistic and STUPID I was back then, to think the GOP would be better. Today's GOP is dragging our national name through the mud. And the Democrats are not a bit better.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I always feel that our politicians has been sold to the highest bidders and they not longer work for us even when we elect them they actually work for the ones that can provide more money to their campaigns.

I did a nice thread on lobbying in America and the assault on middle class.

You should read them they have good information.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I did a nice thread on lobbying in America and the assault on middle class.

Could you provide a link, Chica? Gracias!

join