It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Weather Watch 2006

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Okie Dokie. A new year whereby we can report weird weather occurances.

The year here has started off quite normal. Cold, and snowy here in Toronto.

How about the rest of you? I know Oklahoma is having unseasonably high temperatures.

Report weird weather here!

[edit on 1-1-2006 by parrhesia]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Here in the south unseasonal warm weather, today it was 70 degrees and feels like late spring.

Storms all over and rain, tonight I even have to put my air conditioner back on.

Everybody seems to be sick I am still shaking a cold and it has been a month and half ago.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Kind of warm today in the sandhills of NC. I think we hit 72...nice

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Another 'strangely warm in the south comment from me'. Twas warm and humid in my neck of the woods, felt like...late September-ish for here. Supposed to be cold at this time of year

--Kit.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Today very strong winds and hail, 72 dregrees rain and more rain and storms been like this since yesterday.

This in GA.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Weather here in the N.W.T. is strangly warm. Right now its -3 C when it normally is -30. Its been like this all winter. Theres even worry that all the mines in the area including canada's diamond mines wont get supplies this winter due to not being able to construct winter roads because of the warm temps. Trust me .. im not complaining about the warm temps but those ppl that have stocks in these mines might after they run out of gas.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
well, it's a little strange here too...i live in michigan.

we've been snow vacant for about a week now, with most temperatures in the low 40s..right about now, it should be hitting reasonably hard, and there should at least be snow sticking to most of the ground..but i'm able to walk around in a t-shirt.

but of course, wait, tommorow we'll get hit with a blizzard, and i'll be struck by lightning.hehe.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here in the mountains of the Southwest USA, it's warmer than usual. Today, we're expecting 62 for a high. In the past, we've had snow as early as October, but certainly by Christmas. This year, not a sign of snow yet.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
In the Ohio Valley it is 62, with tornado watches in effect.

A little strange, but not unheard of.

After the front passes, it will drop into the 30's in quick order again.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I know it might seem inconsequential to most people here, but I live in Ontario where, by now, we should be knee deep in snow. It's wet and damp outside today, above freezing and...horrors upon horror...my cousin saw a robin on Jan 1. This is unheard of!!!

I think our winter was over by the new year...but I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yes, masqua. Most of the snow Southern Ontario normally gets does seem to be missing. Most of it is already melted from the rain and warmer temperatures today, here in Toronto.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
New Mexico usually enjoys a temprate climate here in the Rocky Mt. west at about a mile in elevation.

This New Year starts off with people in shorts and T-shirts. Something is wrong with the climate and many people are discussing it. Some of my more conservative fundy friends attribute the weather to the beginning of Gods' wrath.

I don't know what's going on but I should be on the slopes this time of year; alas no snow!

My small farm in Texas is in danger of burning up as I type this post.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

My small farm in Texas is in danger of burning up as I type this post.

I am really sorry for that. I hope they can stop the fire and control it.

Australia is suffering from fires too.
It is too cold where it should not be. It is warm where it should be fresh, we have fires and drought where it should be raining, etc.

What is happening everywhere?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
January 1st Escambia county FL Tornado vortexes and 1" hail on the first. Dense fog and gusty conditions, lightening and steady rolling thunder for several hours.

I've heard reports from Lake Tahoe of wind at ski resorts over 125 mph. They have closed the slopes.

Statement as of 3:39 AM PST on January 02, 2006

Expires 2:45 PM EST on January 02, 2006

... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 4 PM PST this
afternoon...Snow and rain will continue through today with heavy snow at
times. South winds of 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph will produce
areas of blowing snow and poor visibility.

Conditions can deteriorate rapidly in winter weather situations...
remember to slow down and allow extra time when traveling.

"Rapidly deteriorating conditions" I remember them saying that during the first 3 hours of Ivan.

Also from that link:

... A Flood Warning is in effect for the mainstem Carson River in
Carson City and Lyon counties Nevada... for The Pit river in Lassen
County California... and for the Truckee River from Sparks to Nixon
in Washoe County Nevada... ....For Dayton at 23.0 feet... extensive flooding with major damage.Many roads in valley areas flood making transportation difficult.
Some homes and buildings along the river flood... with some
evacuations necessary. Extensive damage to agricultural areas.
About 15500 cfs.

and

The U.S. Forest service in Truckee California has issued an
avalanche advisory.

The current advisory level is high.

A large part of the US is under a high wind advisory, perhaps 10 - 15%. A lot of wind means things are out of balance.

Have you taken the time to just stand outside and quitely listen to the wind lately?

I'm in Florida and we're currently under a tornado watch.

Reporting,

Sri Oracle

[edit on 2-1-2006 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well even into the new year, its like 8 to 10C below normal, and as for december 05, it was the coldest on record.

Check here and compare to last year.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
another warm winter.

its going to get up to 80F today.

west texas for ya.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
January is normally one of the coldest months here in Ontario, but there is no snow left on the ground here in Toronto due to rain and very warm temperatures for this time of year. Tomorrow is supposed to be above freezing yet again, but we're supposed to go back below the freezing mark for Thursday and Friday. I guess we'll see.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Today it has been the most beautiful day I have ever seen, people was just walking around in shorts and tank tops.

You could even take a tan outside or just sit and enjoy the sun.

Incredible.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Monday, January 2nd was the most terrifying day of my life. Two tornadoes touched down in my hometown in Kentucky leaving nothing but destruction in their wake. My house is fine, but the feelings of terror that I experienced as the tornadoes made their way past was like nothing I had ever experienced. I kept hearing debris hitting and golf ball sized hail banging at the windows and a sound just like a big train. IT WAS FRIGHTFUL! It was a warm 70 degrees all day that day and after the cold front passed the temp dropped into the 50's. We're now experiencing more springlike days instead of witner like days. Today it is going to hit 70 degrees again. Things are greening up and it almost seems like late March here.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
it almost seems like late March here.

Ditto... I was actually thinking early march.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join