It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations To Est. Diplomatic Relations With Extraterrestrial Civilizations (from ATSNN)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
For the first time in 27 years, the United Nations General Assembly will be debating the issue of establishing diplomatic relations with advanced Extraterrestrial Civilizations that may now be visiting Earth. On December 16, 2005, a Resolution to establish a United Nations Decade of Contact was formally transmitted to the incoming President of the General Assembly, H.E. Jan Eliasson of Sweden by the Institute for Cooperation in Space (ICIS), a Non-Governmental Organization. Almost to the day twenty-seven years ago, on December 18, 1978, the United Nations General Assembly voted to approve decision 33/426, inviting U.N. Member States "to take appropriate steps to coordinate on a national level scientific research and investigation into extraterrestrial life, including unidentified flying objects, and to inform the Secretary-General of the observations, research and evaluation of such activities."

www.prweb.com
A United Nations Decade of Contact has four Objectives: (1) DISCLOSURE - Governmental disclosure related to Extraterrestrial Presence; (2) DECADE OF CONTACT - Public funding of a 10 year process of public education and research about the Extraterrestrial Presence; (3) DISARMAMENT - A permanent ban on all space-based weapons and warfare in space through a Space Preservation Treaty Conference; (4) DIPLOMACY - Public Interest UNITED NATIONS Diplomacy with ethical Off-Planet Cultures now visiting Earth.

The Disclosure Project, a U.S.-based non-profit organization, on May 9, 2001, held a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. in which numerous high-level military-intelligence, governmental and private sector witnesses publicly described experiences and evidence establishing that advanced Extraterrestrial civilizations are interacting with our terrestrial civilization at this time. A military-intelligence spying technology known as "remote viewing" originally developed at Stanford Research Institute in the mid-1970s by Dr. Hal Puthoff and Russell Targ has yielded replicable data regarding the existence of Off-Planet cultures now visiting Earth.

On May 20, 2005, Brazil, a major U.N. Member Nation took official measures in support of a United Nations Decade of Contact. The Brazilian Air Force (FAB) openly allowed examination of classified UFO documents in several military facilities in Brasilia, the Federal Capital. The United Nations General Assembly has voted in favor of a treaty banning weapons and warfare in space. The last time a United Nations vote was held on this issue was on December 8, 2003, when the General Assembly voted 174 - 0, with four lone abstentions (Israel, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, United States of America).

Reached for comment, one Non-Governmental spokesperson stated, "We are certain 2006 will be a banner year for official disclosure of an advanced Extraterrestrial presence, and for the beginnings of a United Nations Decade of Contact."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What does everyone make of this? Will we at last have proof that E.T. exists? Could 2006 be the year we are told the truth? Seems to me that the rest of the world thinks the U.S. is going to start a intergalactic space war and they have already developed weapons to crush the threat from space.

[edit on 1-1-2006 by digitalassassin]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Wow!!! I can't wait to be vacationing on the third planet of Zeta Riticuli!! Can I book that flight? Sign me up!!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i saw this posted in another thread...but i'll play along...

don't you find it kind of odd that along with et confirmation there is also a ban on space based weapons?

doesn't it seem convenient that someone is pushing an issue not related to disclosure and et relations?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This does sound promising, but I am not sure where it might lead. Does it mean that if the resolution passes, the governments of the world are admitting the UFO phenomenon is real? I don’t know. They approved a similar resolution in 1978, and most people hardly noticed, and did not consider it an admission that the phenomenon is real.

I also doubt that it means that any new classified information will be released, at least here in the States. The UN can’t force a country to release classified documents. But maybe other countries will see this as an opportunity and release information as Brazil is doing.

But on establishing diplomatic relations, how can you establish diplomatic relations with someone you can’t contact or who is unwilling to meet with you? I find this strange because I wonder if they know something the rest of us don’t know.

I do think the Decade of Contact sounds like a promising project. With funding from the UN, maybe some mainstream scientist will take this seriously and become involved and do some real investigating.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
wow, this will be great, I cant wait to find out what will happen, and FINALLY, people will be let in on the information that there IS life out there.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Submission does not meet ATSNN guide lines, the first paragraph is part of the source article and not the the authors own words

www.prweb.com...

Introduction paragraph: A single properly formatted paragraph as a summary of the story you're submitting in your own words. Do not copy-and-paste material from the online news article your sourcing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1/1/2006 by shots]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

by submission
What does everyone make of this?

Perhaps the most effective way to show you what I make of the keywords, and reading between the lines, would be posting quotes directly from the article.

former Canadian Minister of National Defence Hellyer stated: The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used

The time has come to lift the veil of secrecy

To turn us in the direction of re-unification

A permanent ban on
all space-based weapons and warfare in space through a Space Preservation Treaty Conference

by Kingalbrect79
don't you find it kind of odd that along with et confirmation there is also a ban on space based weapons?

That is because the proposition for a resolution is more about banning weapons than "alien disclosure".

Contact: Institute for Cooperation in Space(ICIS) Alfred Lambremont Webre, JD, MEd

The Institute for Cooperation in Space (ICIS) is an NGO and Cosponsor of the World Peace Forum 2006, to be held in Vancouver, B.C. CANADA June 23-28, 2006. Background on World Peace Forum 2006 can be obtained at www.worldpeaceforum.ca.

1.U.N. SPACE PRESERVATION TREATY CONFERENCE – Enclosed is our Petition to the UNGA President, signed by more than 3700 Peace and NGO Leaders throughout the world.

The Petition provides that, “IF the United Nations General Assembly fails approve a Space Preservation Treaty by October 24, 2005, then the General Assembly shall convene a Space Preservation Treaty Conference to ban all space-based weapons and warfare in space, as Canada did in 1997

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

That is because the proposition for a resolution is more about banning weapons than "alien disclosure".

exactly...

does anyone besides myself actually think the government of the united states will EVER disclose any info on that which they have denied for over 50 years?

too many egos, too many stepped on toes. never gonna happen unless one drops in on the superbowl.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The disclosure thing Ive been wondering about lately. It seems that ive been seeing alot of alien movies lately . Even today there seems to be a lot of stations running them on tv.. or maybe its just good tv...lol

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I emailed the UN Space division a couple of months ago and asked why the public was being kept in the dark. I think I saved it on my computer.

As an experiencer it makes me pleased to see that nations are taking contact much more serious and are now looking at disarming weapons in Space.

What a great way to start the new year of 2006.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i think it's a great idea to ban space weapons, like we don't already have enough here as it is...

but seriously, if et would get out of the bicycle basket, grab some of his buddies, and just gather up all the nukes and just bury them on jupiter or something, it'd be a great new year!!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Your introductory paragraph is a direct quote from the article. That is plagiarism:

For the first time in 27 years, the United Nations General Assembly will be debating the issue of establishing diplomatic relations with advanced Extraterrestrial Civilizations that may now be visiting Earth. On December 16, 2005, a Resolution to establish a United Nations Decade of Contact was formally transmitted to the incoming President of the General Assembly, H.E. Jan Eliasson of Sweden by the Institute for Cooperation in Space (ICIS), a Non-Governmental Organization. Almost to the day twenty-seven years ago, on December 18, 1978, the United Nations General Assembly voted to approve decision 33/426, inviting U.N. Member States "to take appropriate steps to coordinate on a national level scientific research and investigation into extraterrestrial life, including unidentified flying objects, and to inform the Secretary-General of the observations, research and evaluation of such activities."

www.prweb.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 2006/1/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I think we should go back to the old days where all we have to fight with is swords and bow and arrows. Let the ETs take ALL of the new technology weapons back to jupiter and destroy them, well have to start off making things better and not so cheap, and we will have another Space Race. that would be cool.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Even if there are no extraterrestrial civilizations banging down our doors, it is a good idea to have the United Nations have a system of protocols in place to deal with potential meetings. Gets us all on the same page so we don't all panic if such a thing were to happen. Like having a team of people who would negotiate further contact, or just blast 'em out of the sky en mass. We would at least know what our own neighbours would want to do by opening this type of discussion. At worst, it could be a total waste of time and money, at best we would be prepared should someone drop by for tea.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
as a supporter of the disclosure of alien life and making contact we must not lose sight of the weapon isue as it is for our protection as for the protection for the peaceful visitors. we can not and may not lose sigth of the alien civilisations which may not be peacefull.

because it is our backyard which peace ful civilisations visit it is our obligation to protect and give safety to the peace full visiting civilisations.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Is this for real?? Excellent!

However, I highly doubt that the people 'in the know' in
America's political area will let any information out to the
United Nations. They'll deny it ... then if anything does
leak out they'll say it's a matter of national security and
they won't release any information because of that.

But just the fact that the UN is actually publically addressing
this gives me hope that people in the government will finally
let us all know what is going on. We have a right to know.
AND it won't 'freak us out' or cause mass panic.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yeah the US wont release any information, although it would be fantastic to see what information and evidence other countries have, I have a feeling most of the good stuff is held by the US government. So I’m not keeping my hopes up for some solid proof that ET’s exist.

But at least we’re preparing possible diplomatic relations with them

[edit on 2-1-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
uh huh..............sure UN.........

folks don't you see that a common manipulation move for Globalistic government and control is to exercise either a threat or development outside of our own species through press propaganda to hasten our cooperation with their UN worldwide goals.............thus allowing them to further their agenda??

Please..........if you have just a inkings understanding of astrophysics and biology/artificial intelligence you'd realize how ridiculous all this sounds......

If there is life out there..........it may never find us, nor have the ablity to.......nor even desire to..................nor may it even remotely be considered to react, think or reason like us.................it may be just algea........or it may even be evolved billiions of years ahead of us long casting off the flesh for artifical intelligence....................who knows......

......but I know this for sure and that is the UN doesn't know......

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
futuretense,

Actually the Drake Equation is pointing to the scientific/mathematical fact that life should indeed already be visting us.

The latest astronomical data continues to make the variables more and more in favor of this conclusion.

As far as the UN goes - they seem to have released a big yawn at Astronaut Gordon Coopers appeals to them for full disclosure - so certainly they are totally complicit with the conspiracy.

This is really a no-brainer as they would obviouslly have to be - although individual representatives, just like individual NASA employees, need not know the real truth but simply do their "masters" bidding.

Appealing to the UN will be no more successful than appealing to the U.S. Govt. - as they are currently the largest bully on the block.

That is not to say it is a futile enterprise to put both social and political pressure on these institutions, but we must realize they will only disclose any possible alien contact or observations on a timetable that benefits them.

The goal of many amateur UFOlogists, such as myself, is to achieve at least partial disclosure before the "globalists" achieve a one world facist goverment system.

I believe this is necessary not only to help increase the standard of living across the planet, but to help prevent such a totalitarian one world government from ever taking power.

If the cat is out of the bag, so to speak, the impetuous (and perhaps ability) to control and manipulate the world's population may simply collapse, and a more democratic/cooperative one world government may result.

Certainly that is my hope.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yea, I dont think it will have much impact on us in the States. Its not like our Gov't has been listening to the UN lately anyway...
But, there is hope. I am still skeptical on the subject of aliens comming here. I am sure they exist, but I think people like me need full gov't disclosure to fully believe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join