It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Elements Exist Without Forces, Forces Without Elements?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Put another way, if elements were deleted would forces be deleted, or if forces were deleted would elements be deleted. What would be true pre-Big Bang, during the Big Bang, and post-Big Bang? It is my belief that there are mysterious and undiscovered Spiritual Particles And Waves that underly forces and elements. These Spiritual Particles and Waves exist at different levels giving rise to multiple forces and elements. Without the various levels of the Spiritual Particles and Waves there either would be one element, one force, both, or neither.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Uhm... I think we're going to have a problem with terms, here.

I'm not really familiar with the concept of elements that you're using. In science, an "element" is a substance composed of just one type of atom. Atoms are things that have mass and occupy space, and there are a number of forces that are present in each atom.

And for Big Bang, well, Hawking talked about the pre-and-post states... lots of physics and lots of theoretical physicists work on that.

I know that there were some philosophers and metaphysicists who discuss this (and the oldest conversation about atoms I know about was written down about 600 BC by a scholar in India (followed shortly thereafter by the ancient Greeks and so forth.) But my knowledge of metaphysics is rather limited, and in any case, you can't mix metaphysics with physics.

It sounds like you're talking metaphysics?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
As a former particle physicist I can say that your assumption that mysterious particles may underly the particles and forces we know today may be true. In the same way that particles like the neutron and proton, which used to be considered fundamental, are now known to comprise of smaller particles called quarks.

The goal of the Standard Model of Physics is to explain all interactions in the universe in terms of one force and one particle. Out of the 4 fundamental forces (strong, weak, electromagnetic and gravity) we have theoretically unified 3 of them.

I'm not sure of the "spiritual" aspect of particles though, how does it make your understanding of this clearer?

new topics

join