It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Is The Biggest Conspiracy Of All And You Are Part Of It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This one
"Humans are not logical. They are insane. They are justifying reason-ers

Sanity (from M-W Dict: (2) : proper

exercise of the mind (3)b : the sum of the intellectual powers).

Insanity is a miscalculation of effort, and just because most people's miscalculations fall within the area of the norm, it doesn't mean that they
don't make miscalculations. It is only when those miscalculations become gross that everyone that makes minor miscalculations can point and say,'That's insane!'. It is why 'The News' is so popular.

People watch to build a catalog of the daily insanity so they can spot themselves in the spectrum of the insane,"Am I high? Am I low? Would I do that? That is crazy!"

Proper exercise of the mind, by whose standards. We have only humans to refer to. We have built a theory of intellegence on one example. We are bankrupt. The sum of intellectual powers but what if the sum is wholely inadequate as so often we have seen. What then? Well, we just muddle forth as the insane people we are, making one miscalculation after another.

Logic would have everyone speaking in reversable sentencing. 1+2=2+1." All human reason is based on some form of insanity. The closer you look at the idea, ideal in question the more it's insane nature is revealed. All humans are insane. This does not mean that they don't overcome their insanity by just keeping at it. Reworking an insane case over and over till it represents some acceptable form of sanity. This just muddies the landscape and blurs the lines of sanity and insanity till a new view of sanity rises that favors the mud makers.

You might ask what is insanity then? Well as humans define it insanity is the miscalculation of the effort it requires to do something or anything. If you ball up a piece of paper and throw it at a basket and miss, that is a miscalculation of the effort it takes to get the paper in the basket. Insanity! If you drive down to the store, jump a curb and run over a dog, that is miscalculation of the effort it takes to get to the store. Insanity! Let's ramp this to the point where everyone would say, "That's insane!". Let's say, I want to show my wife that I'm becoming successful(she actually only asked that I get a job) so I tell her, "I've been accepted by Harvard Medical School. I then take her there we have a final weekend together and I kill her and put her body in a dumpster and go home(this is a true story from
the news). That's Insanity! Now your fellow humans would only call the last example insanity.The reason for this is they don't want to be pointed out. They don't want to have every thing they do raked over and they know you also have skeletons in your miscalculation closet. This assures everyone that only the most blatant forms of miscalculation will be labeled insanity. That is a conspiracy that is so huge that it draws every human into it. This conspiracy is how we form societies, groups, and how we order families. These structures are built on judgements of insanity by insane people. This is also the main source of tension in groups. The fact that your always watching for my miscalculation and me your miscalculations.

Go Figure!

Now people are always trying to see where they fit on the scale of miscalculation. The way they do this is, they watch others, read newspapers, watch TV and other similar activities. What they do with the info is, they catalog it and compare it to future situations. This also forces a high degree of conformity.

It is a lifelong pursuit and it is the hobgoblin of little minds so to speak.

Now as to the rest of the post, in science you would not build a theory of anything on one example.

You would hold your final analysis till more examples were found. This is not what humans have done.

They, in a rush for validation and justification for their insanity, have proclaimed themselves intelligent.

It is a statement that is bankrupt at best, as there is but one example of intelligence, themselves.

"Humans are intelligent!" is an unproven theory.

There you have it! You were born and bred in a conspiracy. You have become so caught up in it that you can't see it and can't escape it. You will live in die in a conspiracy.

Resistance is futile! There is no escape!

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Here is the addendum:

Every organisation among humans is an attempt to make you feel good about your insanity(micalculation of effort), and that is the draw.

If you join and you start to feel better. Well, that's the insanity for you. This is what organisations are for. It's a conspiracy!

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Actually, it seems like you're addressing two different concepts here: insanity and intelligence.

Insanity is a societal construct and it's a relative measure. If there were some sort of objective way to measure insanity, then certainly we would all be insane to a lesser or greater extent. Even with our subjective measurement of it, we're still all insane to some lesser or greater extent, but I believe that the subjective measurement that we use is inaccurate, since society itself is insane, and becoming steadily more so. By our measurement, those who most fit into the predefined notion of sanity are declared to be sane, while those who least fit are declared to be insane, but since the notion itself is skewed, the measurement is inaccurate.

No sane person can fit into an insane society, but since society defines itself as sane, any person who doesn't fit in is insane.

Intelligence is a separate thing. It's possible to be intelligent and insane, either subjectively or objectively, and it seems that it's more likely to be so than to be unintelligent and insane. It would seem that unintelligent people just don't have the resources for the enormous rationalizations and alterations necessary for true insanity. Unintelligent people have no choice but to go along with society, unable to work out another way, and following that other way is one of the definitions of insanity.

But I wholeheartedly agree with your point that intelligence is unproven at best, since we have no way to demonstrate it objectively. We apply our intelligence in order to posit that intelligence exists. It's a closed loop-- in logical terms, it's begging the question. In order to seek to prove the existence of the thing, we first must assume its existence.

Not that we have any other choice though...

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Very good, Bob LaoTse.

Here's another thought that I'm also burdened with:

Everything we do or don't do in life is in relationship to our miscalculation of effort(insanity). We keep mucking over the miscalculations to come up with some assemblance of the mean, which sadly is never arrived at.

Oh, and if it were arrived at it would still be the mean of our miscalculation as a group, society, etc.

[edit on 12/31/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thanks-- I meant to address that issue as well, but only really to agree with your observations. We do indeed watch others to take note of their relative insanity to assure ourselves that we're, at least to that degree, sane.

It's something that seems to be accelerating of late, maybe because society is becoming less sane overall, and we have more need to assure ourselves of our own sanity?

It's definitely what's primarily behind the popularity of so-called reality TV. Reality TV provides people an opportunity to watch a group of people engaging in their own insanities, and to, by focusing on someone else's relative insanity, reinforce their notion of their own relative sanity.

As I think about it, that must also be much of the appeal behind Law and Order and C.S.I style TV shows, and they're no doubt even more pointed. By watching the arguably objectively insane actions of the criminals on those shows, people can feel better about their own, relatively innocuous, insanities.

Convincing ourselves that most other people are more insane than we are is about as close as most of us can get to convincing ourselves that we're truly sane. The more insane society becomes, and thus the more insane we have to become in order to be judged by that society to be sane, the more desperate becomes our need to seek out examples of insanity in others that make us look sane by comparison.

Is it technically a conspiracy though? It's certainly a concerted effort on the part of numerous people, but conspiracy implies an awareness of the goal toward which that concerted effort is dedicated, and it seems that there's no real awareness of that goal, at least among those who are engaged in striving for it.

Could there be a conspiracy on the part of those who are manipulating society for their own benefit, and which people are the cause of much of society's increasing insanity? Possibly, but I'm not sure if they have a specific goal in mind either, other than to keep people complacent by whatever means necessary. That seems more like a simple protective mechanism than an overt conspiracy.

I guess that all comes down to a semantic distinction that has little to do with the overall process though.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If sanity is going with the group, then I am not sane. I see a difference between individuals, and the group. One on one, we're not too bad, but get us all together, and, to me, we are totally out of control. Too bad really, if it doesn't change.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Bob LaoTse wrote:
Could there be a conspiracy on the part of those who are manipulating society for their own benefit, and which people are the cause of much of society's increasing insanity? Possibly, but I'm not sure if they have a specific goal in mind either, other than to keep people complacent by whatever means necessary. That seems more like a simple protective mechanism than an overt conspiracy.

I guess that all comes down to a semantic distinction that has little to do with the overall process though.

When from birth we are innoculated by our parents, and in school we are drilled not to smudge the lines, and there is the every rising spiral of do's and don't's and yet to the outside, at the corners of our eyes so to speak we are seeing authority figures smudging every line, running rough shod over every belief and the cure is
*drum rolls*) "we'll replace them!", "we'll punish them!", "we'll anihilate them!".

This is far from a solution, or even the approximation of a solution. The new regime just brings in it's new insanity, or dusts off old ones and calls it a fix. Never alluding to the fact that it can't be fixed.

That's a conspiracy!

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss

When from birth we are innoculated by our parents, and in school we are drilled not to smudge the lines, and there is the every rising spiral of do's and don't's and yet to the outside, at the corners of our eyes so to speak we are seeing authority figures smudging every line...

The new regime just brings in it's new insanity, or dusts off old ones and calls it a fix. Never alluding to the fact that it can't be fixed.

That's a conspiracy!

But don't they react as they do because they're truly insane? Those who make up regimes-- those who make of themselves authority figures-- are, I believe, axiomatically insane. It's not enough for them to simply live their own lives-- their comfort and security depends on trying to control the lives of others. That's a form of insanity itself. Add to that the fact that those who are most successful at that must treat other people as objects instead of people, and they're obviously that much more insane.

Although I don't think that any regime believes that anything can be fixed, or if they do, they're certainly not going to actually help to fix it. The system is broken to essentially the same degree as they abuse if for their own benefit. The only real fix would be for them to stop twisting things for their own benefit, and they're certainly not going to do that.

I would imagine that many among the authority figures are genuinely insane and have no conception of the harm they do. Some few among them must recognize the harm that they're doing, and so, locked into their own self-interest as they are, they conspire to continue to do it. Ironically enough then, those who don't question their actions and simply engage in them are insane, and those who recognize what they're doing but do it anyway are also insane.

But, since we started with the supposition that we all are insane, to some degree or another, I guess that make sense. So to speak...

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
most people consider me insaine but i usaully reply with things like "maybe you are insaine" but now that i read this....... dang i realize what you say and in fact agree with you in all ways.... what made you think this up i mean it is so............. smart....... any way can you u2u me some more stuff (if you have any) THANK YOU

--YOURS TRULY--

cooldude76

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

what made you think this up i mean it is so............. smart....... any way can you u2u me some more stuff (if you have any) THANK YOU

Well it was in thinking, rethinking, and observing human society over many years that brought me to these thoughts.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a very interesting concept you brought up but i do believe you are correct. ive been thinking about this for a while now how it makes no sense for certain procedures and laws to be in place, unless....we are in fact insane. you can't cross the road (jaywalking) because you might harm the car or is it for your own safety? most people can figure out how to cross a street without getting hit and to think it needs to be illegal to save the minority of people who can't figure it out (shouldn't be alive anyway-- i'm kidding).

anyway, good point and keep up the good work.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
you posted:

"Well it was in thinking, rethinking, and observing human society over many years that brought me to these thoughts. '

So....You like to occasionally observe "Wildlife in its natural habitat"???? Then catalogue your observations...very good.

Intresting posts.

I believe some people call this the herd mentality.

Parenting is only a begining of this mentality. I have observed the occasional human who breaks away from these parenting limits and goes on to some individuality on which they can build. These are sometimes very intresting people to observe. Many of them have somehow broken the mold. THey are able to step outside of the shell and see its limitations.

The problem with so many of these "individuals " seems to be that they get hooked up with people or partners who are of the "herd" mentality and get dragged back into the rat race of "wildlife."

This phenomonon you describe seems to be in just about everything...education, comunications, politics, religion etc etc.
I would be willing to state that since it permeates so much it is not accidental and it is in fact part of a religious doctrine/dogma for which the herd mentalist...thinks is perfectly normal. THey dont even know or want to know the difference. Im serious here in saying they dont even know or want to know the difference. When you point out some problem with what they think or believe..they look at you as if you are insane...they think there is only one system out here..the herd system.

You see bodebliss..I have observed that many of the inventions and discoveries which have made our lives comfortable and more productive are from people who are not often in the herd mentality. THey dont think or act like a xerox machine...stamped out. They can step out of it when needs be.

So the question at issue to me would be what is the name or identifier of this herd religion...this herd mentality ..the mentality of wildlife in its natural habitat???
The religion of insanity???

Do you know???

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

So the question at issue to me would be what is the name or identifier of this herd religion...this herd mentality ..the mentality of wildlife in its natural habitat???
The religion of insanity???

It doesn't have a name so much as it has sentinels. It has people who have imbibed the "society think" and run, tell your missteps to any authority figure who might listen. It is a conspiracy of the most basic nature and it grows in good times and better in bad times.

It grows fastest when tolerance is at it's lowest.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Grows faster when tolerance is at its lowest..???

I would think it would grow faster when tolerence is at its highest. The dumber and more group think the better??

Can you explain this???,
Orangetom

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Well here's my view. In good times the speculators run rampant and erroneously push too hard in a given direction wearing it out. If it's industrial output they over build production capacity and the economics of it collapses. If it's housing they overbuild housing and the housing market collapse. Office space, savings and Loans, commodities, oil and energy, you name it. Also people eventually get caught up in the spirally upward trend and greed takes hold of them. Ther were Dot-coms that got funded $30 million and didn't even have a workable concept. The stock market bubble is a perfect example. Then the criminal element is bold $750 billlion dollar bailout of the savings and loan debacle. Boiler-room setups selling $millions of fake investment to the unsuspecting. Fake jobs, fake real estate, fake products everything is game.

In the downturn and less tolerant times, every excess of the upturn is now a mark against you. The people who are marginally stable have now turned against you to ensure their continued flow of benefits. On the job, on your house purchase, on your car loan, your credit, your thoughts, in the downturn every thing is fair game and they are getting in line to do you in for the slightest excess. The recent turn to conservativism is a perfect example with the push to holier than though. Even within families new ugliness abounds.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The scenerio you describe is similar to the comparison with the kids game "Musical Chairs." Who is going to get the last chair..and how they get it. Above the table, Below the table or some combination of both techniques. The body politic thrown in to keep the tempo up.

Thanks for that Clarification.

Also ....would your post imply that there are people skilled sufficiently to make out in this rigged system ...in bad times as well as good. They can clean up on both ends of the performance scales? Operating above the table or below..either one?

THanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   

The scenerio you describe is similar to the comparison with the kids game "Musical Chairs." Who is going to get the last chair..and how they get it. Above the table, Below the table or some combination of both techniques. The body politic thrown in to keep the tempo up.

Very good! The sad part is society has given up on the idea of allowing the have-not a share.

The ones who gain in good and bad times are the super rich who have their hands in everything. The stock market goes down and they lose a couple hundred $million. No sweat! The economy picks up in times of market down-turn so their holdings in real estate and manufacturing take-off. They see the economic balance shift to the Far East they aquire interests there, also. It is all joy for them.

We used to have over them the fact that they too will die, but with the possible advent of "Eternal Health or life" that may not soon be a truth.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I dont know if I would call it joy...that these people shift their investments/intrests.

We tend to think so in our prejudices but what I have been taught is this.

These types of poeples are not intrested in nor particularly faithful or dedicated to a country/nation. THey are intrested in thier investments. Their loyaltys are to their investments. I had great difficulty with this type of concept at first but observing wildlife in its natural habitat it became obvious all across the board..not just in this type of investments.

The intresting thing to me is that this type of thinking is not taught in the public schools or by the news media who is supposed to be "looking out for us". This tends to make me believe that they are in on the deception ...directly. The are a part of the ignorance being promoted.

I suspect that the most influental of these peoples ..or groups have the ear of our politicians..if they dont actcually work for these peoples.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well If you think the current President's family is not going to rewarded for the tax cut, think again.

When Reagan left office he wandered over to Japan where he picked up a $2 million speaker's fee for not pursuing trade concessions from the Japanese.

People are not world beaters. Provide them with sufficient work and they look no further than that. Try to get them interested in a revolution, further education, or even an investor's club and you'll get a blank stare from them.

You want more than the feed lot fare. You must go it alone against heavy resistance.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yes I agree...
If you want more than the feed lot fare..you must go it alone...and be very discreet about it. Dont leave little pee pee tracks leading back to you and what you are doing.

By the way ..what you are describing is termed...Feudalism. A class seperate from the laity..from the bulk of peoples. Not subject to them but controlled by them for someones benifit. It is just not as open as in some nations.

I dont think Reagan was very big in this type of thing .but more of a front man ..between the public and what is really happening. Same with Bush. They are not influential enough to open the doors for this type of peoples. 2 million bucks is not much in this type of thing. Not today. Its cattle feed. This should be obvious. Any president is not big enough to be the leader/leaders in this kind of thing...but only a front man. The political partys are just a matter of which kind of phony front man do you want this cycle.

No people are not world beaters..most just want to be left alone in thier private lives ..to not bother anyone or be bothered. Nothing wrong with this.

People are as you describe them because most have been conditioned to be "Amused"

A-without. Muse-thinking. Without thinking Amuse...amusement.

This is why we have such a heavy handed influence in our culture with drivel like sports/cheerleader conditioning. Or Oprah, Jerry, Maury et al..conditioning. We dont have enough problems of our own in our daily lives. We must become voyeurs and watch someone elses problems for Amusement.
Sports/Cheerleader mentality is pretty obvious...conditioning to perform every time the Phat Yams are flashed in front of us complete with team mentality.
I dont watch sports...not intrested in that kind of pre conditioning. Obviously I think little of Oprah and others of this genre.
This is also why thier is so little of decent programming on the boob tube..it tends to do most of our thinking for us and to preconceived conclusions.

Gotta go now...intresting posts ...thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join