It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok the Titor clock is there, how are we supposed to know?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
tired, incorrect argument #1
"he didn't mean actual war, but the seeds have been planted" wrong. he describes it in my sig, check it

Fair enough that there are no armed conflicts going on that are apparent to anyone. Now, disprove Multi World Theorem so that the 2% differentiation ratio doesn't matter.

tired, incorrect argument #2
"we have to wait until....insert date here....to say he is a hoax"
c'mon, ya'll just keep pushing the date back. pretty soon its going to be 2036....

From the very beginning of Titor, he said the conflict wasn't apparent to everyone till 2008. That is a far more reasonable date than what you people have been claiming for 2004/2005/2006...

And I'm sorry I haven't been paying as much attention to the titor topics, as much as other people... but no, I am not changing my story in midstream. I claimed LAST year that 2008 was the date for proof. And I give my word that I'm not going to change my story in 2008... because it's been my claim all along.

I wait until when the man said "It'd be self obvious".

my BS meter was off the charts 3 paragraphs into his steaming pile of manure

Your BS Meter? Funny, because I didn't really mention anything in that post about Titor specifically. Everything is hunky dory in Rome, even though Nero is dancing as it burns.

what about torino ? don't tell me you are on the "torino isn't official" bandwagon that would be very disappointing

If it does or it doesn't, you still must take the 2% differentiation into account. Maybe Torino counts, its the winter olympics though. Maybe it doesn't count. Or maybe it doesn't matter

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Whether The Titor story is true or not, if you look at the new posts page here at ATS, there are more threads, more pages, views ect than anything other Topic other than aliens......and I think Titor beats thoughs topics as well.....

Why would Titor say that by 2008 that the war would be at Everyones doorsteps?

"By 2008, I would say the civil conflict is pretty much at everyone's doorstep."

Why would Titor say do you know of any company in America that manufactures biscycle tires?, in 2008 you will find out.

After the war, the main problem was distribution. Can anyone tell me how many companies in the United States still manufacture bicycle tires today? Anyone who still has a bike in 2008 will find out."

Why would Titor say that in 2008 you would realize the world you are living in is over?

Titor Did say "Official Olympics" the next official Olympics are in China in 2008.

Now IMHO those who tend to believe in Titors story are those who see the Writting on the wall...They can see the direction the USA and UK and Australia are evermore approaching a police state type society. These people want a change, they don't want to live in such a world, and would give up much to change our society into something better.

JT: “You must realize that why people are fighting is more important that what they are fighting with. The conflict was not about taking and holding ground it was about order and rights. They were betting that people wanted security instead of freedom and they were wrong.”

People who don't believe Titor, maybe they could not handle the world that Titor decribed kinda like the matrix movies the mind has a hard time letting go, maybe the thought of our world crashing in on itself is too much to bear....

syrinx high priest you are so into these things Titor says:

"I would define it as a conflict where organized groups engage in maneuver and armed conflict."

“I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse.

But Titor also said these things.....

”You must realize that why people are fighting is more important that what they are fighting with. The conflict was not about taking and holding ground it was about order and rights. They were betting that people wanted security instead of freedom and they were wrong.”

”When the civil "conflict" started and got worse, people generally decided to either stay in the cities and lose most of their civil rights under the guise of security or leave the cities for more isolated and rural areas. Our home was searched once and the neighbor across the street was arrested for some unknown reason. That convinced my father to leave the city.”

The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012…”

"Outright open fighting was common by then and I joined a shotgun infantry unit in 2011. I served with the "Fighting Diamondbacks" for about 4 years. "

"They will be the ones arresting and holding people without due process."

this is Right around the corner in the USA, UK, ok basicly the entire "Free" world

"Yes. You will be forced to ask yourself how many civil rights you will give up to feel safe."

You see this thing will grow...it will not stop not as long as we have the type of administration in office that thinks that spying on citizens is a good thing, and that the un-patriot act is a good thing, or holding people in secret prisons is a good thing or that holding people without trial is a good thing....or that Torturing people is a good thing....or that keeping our borders wide open for cheap labor is a good thing while creating an enviroment making exporting manufacturing jobs and other IT jobs is a good thing...then you add the peak oil problems...wait till the USA sees $5 + a gallon gas....the housing bubble is allready bursting, an when the powers that be have successfuly destroyed our economy....what kinda world do you think we will be left with????

ok syrinx high priest does the following describe you? or anyother debunkers of nonsence

“Perhaps I should let you all in on a little secret. No one likes you in the future. This time period is looked at as being full of lazy, self-centered, civically ignorant sheep. Perhaps you should be less concerned about me and more concerned about that.”

Can anyone tell me the exact date WW1 & WW2 started...our own civil war?....how about the war on Terror...what was the Exact date it started...was it 9/11?....not for the terrorists....the last 2 years all the foundations for a civil war not just in the USA but in the free world have been layed....

"They will be the ones arresting and holding people without due process."

"Yes. You will be forced to ask yourself how many civil rights you will give up to feel safe."

They were betting that people wanted security instead of freedom and they were wrong.”

sorry for the ranting.....but im saying it how i see it......

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Thank you, LDragonfire... that is what I have been attempting to ellucidate....

Syrinx and several of the others are crossing posts made by Titor. Titor may've been wrong about the armed conflicts between 2004-2006, but he emphasized more that the violence occurred AFTER the 2008 deadline. Let's not forget his claim was that our realities are 2% different from eachother.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The 2% variation is a convenient way for John Titor to never have to be proven or disproven. Believers can always point to the argument that "Titor stated our worldlines are 2% different so that explains why such and such didn't happen".
Sounds a little too nice and tidy to me, the burden of proof doesn't really exist.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
this is like OJ. to some people, it was very obvious that he did it, to others it was a frame-up.

I don't need this to be wrong, I just think it is, and it makes for interesting lively debate. You have science, history, economics, logic, psychology, its addictive !!!!

I have posted I agree with the basic premise that if the world continues on its present course, there will be a lot of conflict, war, and our lifestyles may change forever.

I just don't think he is a time traveller.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by White Chapel
The 2% variation is a convenient way for John Titor to never have to be proven or disproven. Believers can always point to the argument that "Titor stated our worldlines are 2% different so that explains why such and such didn't happen".
Sounds a little too nice and tidy to me, the burden of proof doesn't really exist.

Merely because you would like a thing to fit into your model of reality doesn't mean it should. Multi World Theorem is a serious physics theory which has just as much promise and possibility as the other theories.

And yes, that would mean that a time traveller from a slightly different world couldn't be debunked definitively. My point is there is quite a bit of what Titor says which is similar to what he claims our future should weave itself as, similar enough not to just ignore it for me.

And I am so sorry you can't say anything in the face of that 2%. Why don't you take that up with the physicists working on string theory and quantum mechanics?

Just because you can't argue against it doesn't make it a copout.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrystalSword

Originally posted by White Chapel

Merely because you would like a thing to fit into your model of reality doesn't mean it should. Multi World Theorem is a serious physics theory which has just as much promise and possibility as the other theories.

And yes, that would mean that a time traveller from a slightly different world couldn't be debunked definitively. My point is there is quite a bit of what Titor says which is similar to what he claims our future should weave itself as, similar enough not to just ignore it for me.

And I am so sorry you can't say anything in the face of that 2%. Why don't you take that up with the physicists working on string theory and quantum mechanics?

Just because you can't argue against it doesn't make it a copout.

All I'm pointing out is it's rather convenient that Titor can never be proven and his "supporters" can pull out the 2% to disprove any criticism. People that believe in the John Titor story have a trump card over anyone who says anything negative, it's just a little frustrating to try and have a real debate about Titor when at any moment someone can sum up any innacuracies with the whole 2% world line theory argument.
Incidentally, whatever happened to the woman that claimed to speak to him on the phone or through email or whatever? I seem to remember someone getting closer to Titor than anyone else.
Either way, I'm sure the college physics student that made up Titor still reads these threads and has a heck of a laugh about it.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by White Chapel]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Her name is Pamela... I don't recall her last name. She was a regular poster on another, less known forum.

I am unsure, but last time I checked she was still a vigorous believer in John, despite the masses of people calling him a liar and a fraud.

What is worse is there was supposedly some emails that were sent to some of these people, and out of the group that received these emails only Pamela still believes, despite the strange alter vus sort of feelings each person had in relations to the emails.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Even a visitor from the future, like this JT, if it is true, cannot say what will occur. That's my view. One repercussion of his visit may be to change our future, making his message obsolete. But, then again, if 2004 actually was the start, maybe the media and authorities have kept it covered up. It is possible, just look at TWA800, JFK, or the Ollie North thing.
The likelihood of those events being different than officially pronounced is quite high. And that is a very small sample.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Perhaps something like what happens in 1984 happens?
Isn't JT meant to be around 4 this year?
Maybe a corrupt government (the NWO perhaps?) made up a civil war happened in the US and did something like that, or the definition of civil war changed?

A bit of a shot in the dark....
Just an idea although I dout it myself.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I don't think I would give Titor a second thought if it were not for the ways things are right now in the US, Titor said we would start to lose our rights and little bit by little bit we are watching them slide away. The Patriot ACT and also now this wiretapping on US citizens without a warrant.

The free press is no more. I swear the news is more like an entertainment channel than actual news. They tell as little about actual events as possible. I for one have to wonder why. I can only come to one conclusion and that is that the so called free press is now non existant, since all of the major news outlets are owned by corporations who have their own interests and getting out the news as it is; is just not their priority.

Without a free press to report the facts how can we depend on even knowing the truth.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by goose]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
its true im a time traveler to

top topics

<< 1   >>

join