It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interpol Finally Posts a Red Notice on Abu Musab al-Zarqawi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This baffles me.

al-Zarqawi is a will known terrorist/kidnapper. For years he has been out and about on his spree. Killing and kidnapping civilians and soldiers alike. Proudly announcing responsibility for the Jordan hotel bombings. The leader of the al Qaida terrorist network in Iraq. Live video-taped beheadings of foreign hostages. A man who's group claims to have just orchestrated a rocket attack on Isreal via Lebanon. Not to mention responsibility for the bombing of the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad!

His network have plotted terrorist actions against countries including France, Britain, Spain, Italy, Germany and Russia. He tasked at least nine North African extremists in 2001 to travel to Europe to conduct poison and explosive attacks. Since last year, members of this network have been apprehended in France, Britain, Spain and Italy. At last count, 116 operatives connected to this global web have been arrested.

But just this week, FINALLY, Interpol issued a Red Notice on al-Zarqawi.

What the heck took so long for Petes sake? Is it that "Europe - Appeasement is thy name" thing? Sorry, but I don't get it.

And who do you think requested the warrant? Was it Spain, France, Italy? No. It was Algeria!?!

Anyway, Interpol posted the Red Notice, and that's a good thing. I does give me pause to wonder. Why now? Do they think that he is out of Iraq, and traveling about? Where do they think he is?

I also note that the RED Notice has a UN sanction tagged on it, freezing his assets, etc.

$25 million dollar reward anyone?

More Resources:
al-Zarqawi news
al-Zarqawi UN Sanction
al-Zarqawi UN Special Notice
Detailed al-Zarqawi Activities

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
To be honest, I actually never thought about interpol being brought into this. But it does make sense, seing that Interpol has the international police database that holds information on criminals across the globe. This is great, maybe it will finally lead to his aprehension.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
What you think europe is going to help their biggest hero?

They love him, he is the 'freedom fighter' in their view. fighting agianst the
"fascist american occupation force"

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Zarqawi STILL doesnt appear on the fbi's 10 most wanted ( www.fbi.gov... ) or the most wanted terrorists list either ( www.fbi.gov... ).

wierd that, dont you think?

just wondering though, after looking at that list, can anybody name an international terrorist who isnt muslim?

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

IF there actually IS a man named Abu (MOSSAD) al-Zarqawi - he is a creation of Mighty Intelligence Agencies, such as CIA, Mossad, MI5 and others.

Hero?

Well, more likely a Fictional Character.

Like Bond.

James Bond.

[edit on 31/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The IRA didn't appear on any US terrorist lists for many years. Appeasment?, or a shabby attempt to keep the votes of the immigrant Irish by successive political entities?

Old Zarqawi is just another bogeyman figure elevated to the #1 spot by the US intel/propaganda boys to keep you all focused on trivial overseas issues whilst things at home fall apart

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Al-Zarqawi the Superterrorist - Who Can Prove He Really Exists?

The Words of wecomeinpeace were not Written in Vain!

READ!

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
The IRA didn't appear on any US terrorist lists for many years. Appeasment?, or a shabby attempt to keep the votes of the immigrant Irish by successive political entities?

Old Zarqawi is just another bogeyman figure elevated to the #1 spot by the US intel/propaganda boys to keep you all focused on trivial overseas issues whilst things at home fall apart

yes, but the us funded the ira and they only bombed england, whereas zarqawi is responsible for almost every bombing in every country it seems - he sure gets about!

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Is Jordon not a member of Interpol? Because I would have thought that Jordan would have requested a Red Notice on Zarqawi years ago, when he was tried and convicted in absentia. It's also strange to me that Algeria was the nation who made the request. Were they perhaps doing it at the request of another nation? Was it a move designed to show Algeria's opposition to al Qaida and/or terrorism in general?

Also, is anyone aware of the requirements that Interpol has before they place a warrant out on a particular individual? Laws, as well as the burdon of proof, vary from nation to nation so I would think that Interpol would have their own set of established requirements for a warrant to be issued.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

They love him, he is the 'freedom fighter' in their view. fighting agianst the
"fascist american occupation force"

.....You want to continue to insult black watch or do you want to spit on thier graves?

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

IF there actually IS a man named Abu (MOSSAD) al-Zarqawi - he is a creation of Mighty Intelligence Agencies, such as CIA, Mossad, MI5 and others.

Hero?

Well, more likely a Fictional Character.

Like Bond.

James Bond.

You have no idea what that intelligence service does do you?
Even when I had posted before explaining precisely WHAT that service can and cannot do by law.
Hell by all standards your arguement is flawed by all standards since MI5 should not be working outside british territory.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
You have no idea what that intelligence service does do you?
Even when I had posted before explaining precisely WHAT that service can and cannot do by law.

I bet you think that Intelligence Agencies are there to "Protect You" right?

How Naive you are.

But you are Young - you will Learn in Time.

I just hope there is enough Time Left!

Happy New Year to you Mate!

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Im with you....These "al-Zarqawi" Has been cornered, shoot, semi captured, Dead a few time and now this. If the alphabet agencies eva get sick of "al-Zarqawi" playing the roll of the evil bad guy . I think ABC network has plans to cast al-Zarqawi in a remake of the...........

So watch out Lee Majors casue al-Zarqawi is in town !!!

Why can i not link photos ?

users.tpg.com.au...

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I bet you think that Intelligence Agencies are there to "Protect You" right?

How Naive you are.

What I think is not the topic here, what that service does IS.

But you are Young - you will Learn in Time.

I just hope there is enough Time Left!

Happy New Year to you Mate!

Skipping the question huh?
Its ok, I've come to know when old political activists and cowards avoid awkward questions.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Skipping the question huh?
Its ok, I've come to know when old political activists and cowards avoid awkward questions.

There you go! - I knew you would not forget the Insults!

Seriously, what Question?

If I know WHAT Intelligence Servies do?

Yeah, they perform Terrorists Actions and call it "Protecting Democracy".

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

There you go! - I knew you would not forget the Insults!

What insult, you said yourself you where a political activist, am I wrong in thinking that?

Seriously, what Question?

If I know WHAT Intelligence Servies do?

Yeah, they perform Terrorists Actions and call it "Protecting Democracy".
I am asking you WHAT MI5 or the Sercretive Service , or have you forgotten my showing you what they do?

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
What the heck took so long for Petes sake? Is it that "Europe - Appeasement is thy name" thing? Sorry, but I don't get it.

I completely agree with you. This whole situation is very enlightening,
isn't it? Either Interpol is really screwed up and out of touch ... or it's
bought off by eurocentric anti-Americans. The question is .... which is
it? Or is it both?

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
One comment, are you guys going to keep insulting black watch even when shock horror they went into baghdad at the US request and shock horror they are europeans.

Generalisation leads to insults.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Souljah what is your standard of proof concerning the existence of someone? Do they have to personally come shake your hand and show ID? I’m just asking because it seems to me that by your standard a lot of well known people would fall into the category of non existent.

[edit on 31-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think the whole point that is going completely over Souljah's head is that MI5 is the British domestic intelligence agency. MI6 is their foreign intelligence agency. So if a British intelligence agency was going to create a ficticious terrorist, it would be MI6 and not MI5.

But Souljah thinks that he knows EVERYTHING, so I'm sure he'll just continue to ignore the mistake he made and keep siding with the terrorists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join