It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self rate your Ego

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
On a scale of one to 10, how do you percieve your own ego?
10 being big headed egomaniac.

Then, rate how OTHERS percieve your Ego..same scale.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hmm, interesting question. I would personaly rate my ego around a 7. I feel that I am good at many things but there are many far more talented people out there. As for how others percieve it, I am not quite sure.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Me: 4.5/10 I dont always think about my self, but there are times when I'll be selfish.

Friends: 3/10

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Guess, I should rate mine...
I percieve soemwhere around 6..
My wife percieves 9..
MY friends percieve something a bit higher than 7...

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'd say a 0. This is because I am to F
cking busy to think of myself

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Then what would others score you?

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
what others I have no
life

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
ok then,
I rate you a 7...

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
5-6 for me

but what do others see? hmm maybe an 11.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'd say its about a 7.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
In my business a 10 is essential.

Actually I'm barely a 6 but I can fake the 10 most of the time.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I would prolly rate myself a 9 when it comes to work cause I have to be the best at what I do,and sometimes that ego gets in the way,but on other subjects a 5, and other people prolly rate me at 7.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Honestly, my ego is not an issue in anything except in competition. I will gladly admit when I'm wrong on anything. In sport its a different story, I love playing baseball. When I pitch, I will throw pitches to make the point that I own the inside. In rugby, I will throw punches to show I will not be be pused around in the scrum. Its in my blood, my father is very competitive as well, we play each other in all games[including poker) like we are bitter enemies. But in then end we still love each other to death, after all, my father was the man that made me the man I am today.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Honestly, my ego is not an issue in anything except in competition. I will gladly admit when I'm wrong on anything. In sport its a different story, I love playing baseball. When I pitch, I will throw at a batter to make the point that I own the inside. In rugby, I will throw punches to show I will not be be pused around in the scrum. Its in my blood, my father is very competitive as well, we play each other in all games[including poker) like we are bitter enemies. But in then end we still love each other to death, after all, my father was the man that made me the man I am today. So I would say overall, a 6, despite how I play sports, I belive a mans ego is best measured off the field.

Though, for me, there will be no man who recives my love and respect as much as my father!!!!

[edit on 12/31/2005 by ludaChris]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Most of my friends would probably say about 20 but i would say around 7/8 because i do generally think of myself and my girlfriend lol

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
SO do a lot of you think your exaggerate your ego, in front of others?

For example...meetings...I spend 15 non-productive hours in meetings per week...ahhh!!!

I leave, and come back at least 4 times, during the long ones..and they all seem to wait for me..What I do, when I leave, is fix the problem they have been "discussing" for the laast 20 minutes...then come back in and tell them to cross it off their list...LOL.....
Is that egotistical?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i think i am about a 4-5. i think about others than i do myself.

what others would rate me.... go on ats'ers rate me!

oni x x

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
10 definitely. I know how egotistical I really am.

I'm not sure that other people see it that clearly though, since I'm relatively empathetic and I'm usually kind to others (although this doesn't show up as much online, since it's really just me and my keyboard, at least until I discover that I've actually hurt someone's feelings). I like to put people at ease and to make them happy, and go out of my way to do so, so I don't think that I come across as all that egotistical in person. But I know that I do these things, and I'm egotistical about even that, so, internally at least, I'm still a 10. Externally... I don't know. 7, maybe 8?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob LaoTse
10 definitely. I know how egotistical I really am.

I'm not sure that other people see it that clearly though, since I'm relatively empathetic and I'm usually kind to others (although this doesn't show up as much online, since it's really just me and my keyboard, at least until I discover that I've actually hurt someone's feelings). I like to put people at ease and to make them happy, and go out of my way to do so, so I don't think that I come across as all that egotistical in person. But I know that I do these things, and I'm egotistical about even that, so, internally at least, I'm still a 10. Externally... I don't know. 7, maybe 8?

Do you ever accidentally, make somone feel really stupid..then feel bad about it?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Do you ever accidentally, make somone feel really stupid..then feel bad about it?

Absolutely. As a matter of fact, any negative emotion that I feel any responsibility for in anyone else makes me feel bad, even when it's somebody that I was originally trying to get to.

I run into that all too often online. Somebody will post something truly dumb or despicable, and I'll post a response that's deliberately designed to beat them over the head, and it will work, and then I'll feel bad about it.

It becomes a sort of a trap. I'll see somebody post something that I know is wrong, and I'll respond to prove that they're wrong. Often they'll continue to defend their error, and that just pulls me in further and leads me to narrow and sharpen my arguments to make it absolutely indisputable that they're wrong. Through the whole process I'm frustrated and irritated by this person who's obviously wrong and can't or won't face it, but then, every once in a while, they'll actually admit that they were wrong, and immediately I feel bad and want to make it up to them.

But then-- that tendency to empathy, troubling though it might be, is one of the things of which, being an egotist, I'm proud.

<<   2 >>

join