It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange at Beale AFB!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I was browsing through Google earth and came upon a strange wing shape outside one of the hangers at beale AFB!

I saved the image but cannot seem to get it onto the ATS forum so if one of you techheads could have a look at Beale AFB and see if you can tell me what it is ( you cannot miss it it is by the SR 71 D21 static display!)

Good luck!

Sv Out...!

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Looks really starange. I would say that it was a sinle engined prop but when scaling it with the SR-71 it would be huge!!!

Its at 39.08.48 n and 121.25.54 w

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
were is beagle air force base? if i know were it is i will get a pic !

[edit on 30-12-2005 by matrix 333]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
if what you are refering to is what is comining up on my google earth it is a hangar. - slightly differeent coords. :39.08'52.15"N 121.25'44.66"W

it is shaped like an odd delta but is a hangar for large aircraft. in fact the tail of one is sticking out of it- looks like a b-52. we use hangars like this fpr periodic inspections, wash racks and fuels maint.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Just write Beale AFB in Google Earth

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
thanx were is this thing exactly the wing?

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
is it 2 grey tails slightly out of the hanger ?

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
We are talking about the aircraft on coordinates

39 08`48" N, 121 25` 54" W ??

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ive just taken a look around the rest of the base, theres a U2 taking off at the end of the runway. Could this be a U2 taken apart for maintanance? It appears to be missing its cockpit and tail.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
here's the image (I think)

Don't know what it is but it appears to have something else on top of it.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
They, matrix, look to me like the back ends of Boeing B-52's sticking out of hangars that are too small for them

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The two tails are B-52s, the other one is a dissasembled U-2. The tail sections comes off right in front of the vertical fin to change engines. As far as the object on top, it's hard to see it, but there were at least two with a "Cats eye" recon pod mounted on top to transmit real-time images back to the interpreters. It could be that. it was a small pod that mounted behind the cockpit.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It looks as if it may be a U2R with the C-Span pod on it's back, we used to have these based at RAF Alconbury in the UK. they were great to watch landing and taking off, a great piggy-back ride if even there were one!!

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The two tails are B-52s, the other one is a dissasembled U-2. The tail sections comes off right in front of the vertical fin to change engines. As far as the object on top, it's hard to see it, but there were at least two with a "Cats eye" recon pod mounted on top to transmit real-time images back to the interpreters. It could be that. it was a small pod that mounted behind the cockpit.

What he said

that is the center wing section of an U2- most likely on a transport cart as well.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yep it looks like a dis-assembled U2 - possibly with the tailplane section stuck on the top of the wing for transportation or storage.

However the wing looks bigger than the one of the U2 sitting on the ramp or the one taking off! Probably an optical illusion!

Thanks for clearing that up guy's....I thought I had found a new UAV or something, mind you where looking for something secret if it was anywhere it would either be Groom lake or Beale if it was a recon bird!

Sv Out....!

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think the wing may look bigger because the trailing edge is casting a shadow, when I posted the image I wanted to say it was a U-2 with the tail removed but was put off by the 'big wing' effect, I only noticed the shadow after everyone else said the same. I must say that I too thought it was the tail section stood on top rather than any equipment or pod, I am now certain of it having looked more closely.

[edit on 30-12-2005 by waynos]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
I think the wing may look bigger because the trailing edge is casting a shadow, when I posted the image I wanted to say it was a U-2 with the tail removed but was put off by the 'big wing' effect, I only noticed the shadow after everyone else said the same. I must say that I too thought it was the tail section stood on top rather than any equipment or pod, I am now certain of it having looked more closely.

[edit on 30-12-2005 by waynos]

Have compared the size of the object on the U-2's back using a 1/48th Scale U-2 model and I must agree with you waynos that it is the tail section.
Also think those tails sticking out of the hanger are KC-135's of the 940th ARG. Looks to much sweep on the tailplanes trailing edges to be B-52'S.

Plus I think the B-52'S Left Beale AFB in the early 1990's.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Well, I have no idea what planes have ever been at Beale as I never heard of it befiore this thread, lol, but looking again I think you are right.

The top one is definitely a 707 type tailplane but the one in the delta shaped hangar looks more like a B-52. However the chances are that they are the same type of plane in both hangars, some model of C-135 type.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It must be the wing section of a U-2. Its length is about 31 metres, which is just the same as that of another U-2 on the tarmac. If you look at the runway you'll notice another flying U-2, and look at its shadow. The sunlight in that direction will cast a shadow to make the width of the U-2 wing seems wider.

Oh I'll like to ask what kinda of planes are these? Looks like F-5, but painted in black? Or drones?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join