It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical Storm Zeta Forms in Atlantic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
"Then would you care to explain Epsilon which formed over waters far below 80 degrees and thrived and became a hurricane for a decent period of time? There was another hurricane that formed well outside the tropics this year as well. It eventually weakened before hitting Spain. I have followed the tropics for a VERY long time. This is highly unusual. "

Yes you caught me on that one. Didn't say it couldn't happen (which it has probably many times) but it needs pretty favorable upper winds to thrive as a hurricane below 80 degree water temp. It is definitely an unusual year, but not part of any doomsday trend, just normal meteorlogical cycles.

[edit on 3-1-2006 by TheHorseChestnut]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think for the most part, people know just enough to get themselves into trouble. No one likes to be put on the spot that was wrong. We tend to jump on others for even there opiniones. Most people that had great opiniones were seen as mad at one time. I think for the most part here is, if you don't have nothing good to say.......... don't say nothing at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHorseChestnut
It is definitely an unusual year, but not part of any doomsday trend, just normal meteorlogical cycles.

The hurricane cycles have an impact on number and path. I haven't seen anything to indicate that the cycles impact how a storm forms or where it can form. In a period of warmer Atlantic waters you will see an increase in storms only if upper level winds are favorable. That is where the frequency of storms comes in. The positioning of the Bermuda High will impact how many of the storms eventually make landfall in the U.S. The one thing that will not be impacted the normal requirements for tropical development. Normal means storms won't form and strengthen over and land storms won't survive over colder waters. Storms may hang on for a period of time over colder waters before eventually fading away but they don't form and strengthen. This isn't a doomsday thing. It is simply a case where the dynamics of the atmosphere have changed. Where does this lead? Who knows. I would hate to own stock in an insurance company right now.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
And the oddity continues...

Tropical Storm Zeta kept its strength Thursday in the eastern Atlantic and could break the record for lasting the longest into January since record keeping began in 1851.

The 27th and final named storm in a tumultuous, record-breaking hurricane season that officially ended more than a month ago, Zeta had sustained winds near 40 mph on Thursday night, according to the National Hurricane Center in Miami...

Zeta is only the second Atlantic storm in recorded history to survive into January, joining Hurricane Alice in 1955. After Zeta dissipates, Stewart said, forecasters will review records to determine whether it or Alice lasted longest into January...

Source.

Amazing.

[edit on 6-1-2006 by loam]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
....and....it.....ends...a....RECORD BREAKER!

Zeta unravels, 2005 hurricane season ends

Tropical Storm Zeta weakened and began to break apart on Friday, bringing a final and overdue end to the costliest and busiest Atlantic hurricane season on record, U.S. forecasters said.

By 4 p.m. EST (2100 GMT), Zeta was a tropical depression around 900 miles east-northeast of the Leeward Islands of the eastern Caribbean, with maximum sustained winds near 30 mph (45 kph). But the U.S. National Hurricane Center said Zeta was rapidly losing its tropical characteristics.

"I suppose it is only fitting that the record-breaking Atlantic hurricane season ends with a record-breaking storm," wrote hurricane center forecaster Stacy Stewart in the Miami-based center's last bulletin on Zeta.

"Today Zeta surpassed 1954's Alice No. 2 as the longest-lived tropical cyclone to form in December and cross over into the next year. Zeta was also the longest-lived January tropical cyclone."

more...

What a year!

[edit on 8-1-2006 by loam]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Jesus.

Now i wonder........will the term "hurricane season" fly out the window now? If we start getting tropical storms in January, beginning the season months befores its supposed to...............

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Is this the right zeta thread? This is the second day without power, it's so cold outside. I hope this is the last storm for gulfport.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Jesus.

exactly, what's this world coming too. Millions of people in gulfport will likely freeze to death tonight because the temps will be diving into the 50s, all you people care about it trump and political nonsense. This thread should be moved into the mudpit because it's trumps fault for completely taken over all topics , meanwhile I have no power , no Starbucks and will probably freeze to death tonight. Thanks a lot ATS

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmikeS
Is this the right zeta thread? This is the second day without power, it's so cold outside. I hope this is the last storm for gulfport.

This thread is not for the current storm; the thread was started in 2005.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SmikeS
Freeze to death in 50 degrees? Also this is an old ass thread.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You're an old ass...

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Eta is coming for Nicaragua. It's unnaturally cold this morning in GP 39, the skys are completely blacked out with that nano dust(smart dust) the military sprays. Be safe today...
edit on rd1138kAmerica/Chicagord by SmikeS because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join