It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what do I get for being a Christian?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
We learn new things every day and its still boring sometimes, most people have special aptitudes for specific tasks i.e mechanics, scientists,nurses etc so if God gave them some menial task then I think they would be bored sometimes.

I thought there was seven heavens!

I mean why would Satan (the Nemesis of God) do Gods bidding and torture the people who disbelieve. You would think that Satan would welcome these people would you not?

I'll repeat boredom will not happen. Right now saved or unsaved there are problems in this world that sap us of strength and happiness. We have bodies that wear down and wear out. In eternity that won't be a factor. Our outlook will be different. A nurse might go to work and restore others to health, rewarding. They may also go to work and see someone daily slip away to death from cancer. No moment of work or service in eternity will be for nought.

Read Ephesians again 2:6
And hath RAISED US UP together, and made us sit together IN HEAVENLY PLACES in Christ Jesus:

2:7
That in the AGES TO COME he might SHEW THE EXCEEDING RICHES of his grace in his kindness TOWARD US through Christ Jesus.

2 Coritnians 12:2
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth
such an one caught up to the THIRD HEAVEN.

No where in the Bible does it say satan is in charge of hell and what happens there. We are told it is a place of torment, not partying.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
ok i have read the bible with an open mind.......i see no mention of....
1)having insight onto what god thinks and knows
2)that you will think differently more like christ
3)you will never be bored
4)actually everything past #28....
and most of the things on your list we all recieve with out being christian....
and recieve those things everyday....when you love god you will feel the love he has already given you from day 1......

1 & 2). 1 Corinthians 2:12
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

2:13
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

2:15
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

2:16
For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? BUT WE HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (KJV)

Romans 8:29
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate TO BE CONFORMED TO THE IMAGE OF HIS SON, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

3) already addressed

4) I have to address in another post since it will take longer.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
ok debrandt.......
you proved #2 ...i was wrong it does say that......the rest of my statements i stand by....i do however apologize to you(only in this thread) as i realise that i am trying to pick a fight with you in this thread and am now splitting hairs about something that is reletively stupid to argue about......

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If you join up, and just go through the motions, you can bet God will see through it, and you'll get nada. I won't join any religion, cuz I believe that if there is a God, it seems to me he wouldn't play favorites. Atheism is out for me too, cuz I have seen things that have convinced me there is 'something'. So, don't do it unless you mean it is my advice. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything, so hold on to what you believe.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
No where in the Bible does it say satan is in charge of hell and what happens there. We are told it is a place of torment, not partying.

Thats what the bible would have you believe, why say that Hell is party central when it is trying to promote christianity and god etc. So who is in charge of Hell (not god anyway, who has no jurisdiction in Hell - strange that dont you think)?
As I said its not for me, religion as a whole is a waste of my time and effort,
although I like studying it and reading about it.
Everyone see's the world differently and interprets what they see differently. God exists only to the believers and differently to each believer so what one person thinks will happen when they die is totally different to what another person (who believes in the same religion) thinks will happen. The bible itself is constantly being challenged by its believers and other religious parties as well as non believers - So who's right? Christians, Jews, Muslims, Mormons .... blah blah blah blah (the multitude of other supposed authorised religions and the very real nut job sects). We dont know, but if the world cant decide what the truth is and the fact that god or the gods havent really gave us CONCRETE evidence that they exist then what I believe will do me.
But then again if new evidence can be produced then I might change my mind or reinforce my belief. Is there any out there?

New Year greetings to all

G

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Thats what the bible would have you believe, why say that Hell is party central when it is trying to promote christianity and god etc. So who is in charge of Hell (not god anyway, who has no jurisdiction in Hell - strange that dont you think)?

G

Could you tell me the verses in the Bible that say hell is party central?

I read the Bible daily and that is not what comes across. I have never seen them. I have only heard unbelievers say that hell is a party as an excuse to want to go there.

Luke 12:4
And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

12:5
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

God is in charge of hell.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
i do however apologize to you(only in this thread) as i realise that i am trying to pick a fight with you in this thread and am now splitting hairs about something that is reletively stupid to argue about......

No need to apologize because I didn't take it that way. I don't agree that it is stupid, because eternity will be beyond belief and most people do not know this. It needs to be discussed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join