It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a grocery store, not a freakin' buffet!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
There was this old lady at the grocery store yesterday who damn near consumed all the free sushi samples herself. She'd walk up to the sushi section, grab a couple pieces and then walk off pushing her cart. She'd circle the produce department and make her way back to the free sushi samples and repeat the process again. She made four freakin' trips all the while not putting one thing in her cart to buy. My g/f and I were just watching in amazement, thinking about how rude this old hag was. The lady making the sushi was giving her the evil eye. I think she wanted stab the old goat with a Ginsu.

People like that get on my nerves!

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
LOL.....I think that's just about the funniest thing anyone has said all day.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Kind of funny...
But maybe she was on a fixed income..Trying to survive.

Just think, she had a serverving of rice, fish, and fruit..

I did stuff like that aas a poor college youth.
Free samples..HAd to rotate stores until they changed out the sample hander outer.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Maybe she had shory term memory problems and didn't realize she had just tried the sushi.

"Sushi, o goodie! Yum, now what was I after....Sushi, o goodie! Yum, now what was I after....Sushi, o goodie! Yum, now what was I after...."

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
LMAO

That is funny because it isn't me. I would be offended, all the same though. And what would my kids think? They don't eat sushi, but when they have "free" cheese or cookies, they know it's one and done. Even they would wonder what her real purpose is.

And if I was the sample girl, I would have politely asked her to leave some for everyone else.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I love sushi so I woulda been annoyed that I didnt get to it first lol.

I hate it when you get there and its all been eaten.

I like it when I have my kids with me, especially when theres something they dont like coz I get them a sample and I eat it. Yum.

Dang. Im hungry now!

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It's called grazing, and it's almost guarenteed to really piss-off the folks behind those counters. Alot of stores will very politely ask grazers to move on and leave some for the people coming along later. It's very rude.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Calling that practices grazing is an insult to ruminants the world over.

I beleive that this woman is suffering from Alzheimers, you should feel bad for her, not be mad at her...

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Not being insulting that is the term used in the supermarket industry to describe the practise. To all ruminents out there who might be reading I do offer my most humble apologies for any offense I may have given

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
ok, that has to be one of the funniest things i've read all day.....nice..

it makes you wonder if the person putting out the samples should set a different sample for them on the 3rd or 4th trip....

maybe a little added extra salt or msg or something.....just to see the look on thier face would be priceless

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
That is actually pretty funny.

She must have a short term memory. :bash:

On the flip side, i know some aged people who are really really snotty.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
What really gets me are the parents that feed their kids while shopping.
I saw a lady open a bag of cookies the other day and give one to each of her kids, then she put the opened bag back onto the shelf.
I've seen parents give grapes or a plum to their kids while they wander the produce section.

This is shoplifting, plain and simple. They are teaching their children to steal. :shk:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Lol, if you think that's bad you should have seen the depths I'd go to as a student.

I went to the Tescos nearest me at closing time every evening and bought all the food they were going to throw away.

50 cakes for the price of 5 anyone?

Good times, although I did feel pretty crap afterwards, my digestive system has taken a battering in the past, I like my fish and chips.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well, I'm pretty sure I saw one burp something up, then start chewing on it again..Not sure what that means, but..

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
That's hilarious. I've seen something like that before only it was with one of the guys I was with....he would go for the ambush. In other words, be walking and then graze by and take three and keep talking like nothing happened. Miss him. But as for this case, if it was memory related, that's sad but also quite comical.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Someone oughta tell her to take her ass home and cook lol damn

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
There was this old lady at the grocery store yesterday who damn near consumed all the free sushi samples herself. She'd walk up to the sushi section, grab a couple pieces and then walk off pushing her cart. She'd circle the produce department and make her way back to the free sushi samples and repeat the process again. She made four freakin' trips all the while not putting one thing in her cart to buy. My g/f and I were just watching in amazement, thinking about how rude this old hag was. The lady making the sushi was giving her the evil eye. I think she wanted stab the old goat with a Ginsu.

People like that get on my nerves!

Peace

lmao hard. dude i know its not funny, but u make it sound comical.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
My that brings back some memories....I worked in a supermarket deli/bakery for about 13 years, and we had people actually get rude because we DIDN'T have samples out. We had a salad bar, and this one man would come in and grab a plastic spoon and sample all of the salads...with the same spoon. We would have to go and throw everything he got into out, since that is slightly unsanitary. :bnghd: Or they would come to the counter like they were going to buy stuff, sample a few slices of meat and cheese and some salads, then leave. Young, old, black, white, you name it, they scarfed it!!

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
shes just like homer simpson in that one episode i think he kept taking samples of cheese or something. i bet she was big as a whale eh hah fat people disgust me.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
What's wrong with 'Grazing'? I still do it...grapes and chaerries are a favorite...I also have another sport called 'Fantasy Shopping' where you load a trolley with as much as you can, wheel it to the checkout, pile it all on the conveyor and then feign a lost wallet, and just walk away...pure evil hehehehehe!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join