It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great to be an Aussie.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This should probably be taken more seriously but hey if you can't laugh at your own people, there no hope for you.

Remember some Aussies like to think of themselves as the "clever country".

31 Australians have died since 1996 by watering their christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in
19 Australians have died in the last 3 years by eating christmas decorations they believed were chocolate
Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after cracker pulling incidents
101 Australians since 1997 have had to have broken parts of plastic toys pulled out of the soles of their feet
18 Australians had serious burns in 1998 from trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth
A massive 543 Australians were admitted to casualty in the last two years after opening bottles of beer with their teeth or eye socket
5 Australians were injured last year in accidents involving out of control Scalextric cars
3 Australians die each year testing if a 9V battery works on their tongue
142 Australians were injured in 1998 by not removing pins from new shirts
58 Australians are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers,..
and finally................
8 Australians cracked their skull in 1997 after falling asleep (passing out) while throwing up into the toilet. :w:

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Grimholt]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Been watching Grinspoon video clips lately?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
No. This was sent around at our work.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
In the Grinspoon clip the funniest one is the guy pulling on his jumper while still smoking, but they all get acted out.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
A massive 543 Australians were admitted to casualty in the last two years after opening bottles of beer with their teeth or eye socket

*rolls all over the floor.. so true.....

8 Australians cracked their skull in 1997 after falling asleep (passing out) while throwing up into the toilet.

Damn Only 8 and I knew every one of them.....It's a conspiracy, they have hidden the true figures.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Wow I use sharp knifes when I can no find a screwdriver who could be bothered going out to the shed ..have not cut my wrist yet maybe if I drink more and some heavy metal I will ...yes we are the smart country if you can pay, come here you can get a degree for half the prise.she will be rite mate

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
LOL, ahahahhaha nice one!

I think all countries that aren't 3rd world have things like this!

LOL

cya

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
That's tragic. Funny, in the American Pie sense of the word, but tragic.

Anyway, Grimholt, what are you talking about? "... think of themselves as clever country." ??? We ARE the clever country! Believe me, when I'm drunk enough to water the Chrissy tree with the lights plugged in, I'm VERY clever. I know EVERYTHING!

Ah, the After Holiday Hangover is starting to kick in; it's that time of year when we all peer blearily into our wallets, scream, and swear never to spend more than $10 on a present ever again. Throw in 45-degrees-in-the-shade temeratures and all the earnest resolutions to give up drinking, smoking and late nights and you have a recipe for a really boring month. I hate January.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimholt

19 Australians have died in the last 3 years by eating christmas decorations they believed were chocolate

Yes I know how easy you can be mistaken. I ate three white candlelights before I noticed that is wasn´t marcipan...

(kidding of course)

top topics

join