It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Israeli Jets Attack Lebanese Militant Base in Retaliation for Attacks on Israeli City.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Israeli jets attacked a Lebanese militant base in retaliation for the rocket attacks on an Israeli border town which was attacked hours before the Israeli retaliation. The base is operated by the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command, which is a Syrian backed group which has attacked Israel for a decade. The base is located south of Beirut. There are no reports of casualties.

news.yahoo.com
"This is in response to the firing of projectile rockets last night toward Israeli communities," the military said.

It said it views such attacks with "extreme severity" and holds Lebanon responsible.

Witnesses reported warplanes roared over the PFLP-GC guerrilla base at Naameh, a hilltop base overlooking the Mediterranean seven kilometres south of Beirut, and the sound of two booms were heard.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This latest attack by the Israeli military was justified imo, but i know there will be people who will try to exagerate and use this as an excuse for more anti-Israeli bashing.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
This latest attack by the Israeli military was justified imo, but i know there will be people who will try to exagerate and use this as an excuse for more anti-Israeli bashing.

so disagreeing or posting something that is remotely that would offend israel is Israeli bashing?

on topic
this isnt anything new israel luanch an attack on someone elses soil
they retaliate and its a big circle and so forth

one question though
if this was a diffrent country and not Israel launching the attack against some movement that is sanctioned and supported by Uncle Sam
sure the response from everyone would be diffrent

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I LOVE it how everyone who's against Israel is called militants in the media. Poor Israel, always being targeted by everyone. That is, only when they've done nothing wrong. But, when they bomb a US ship and blame it on Egypt, they're not criticised. In the media, at least.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
so disagreeing or posting something that is remotely that would offend israel is Israeli bashing?

on topic

one question though
if this was a diffrent country and not Israel launching the attack against some movement that is sanctioned and supported by Uncle Sam

no, pinning it all on them and making them the bad guys for defending themselves is.

hitler would be proud, dead jews and noone cares, dead people who attack jews and the jews are evil scum.

no, they get attacked and defend themselves, you need to quit blaming israel and ignoring what is being done to them.

and stay on topic, israel isnt america

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
not pinning it on them

who attack jews and the jews are evil scum.

the scum are the people who are clouded by the judgement
if the Israeli's do commit a crime they are accountible for it and using what the nazi's did to jews is just pathetic and in my view a horid way to use the deaths of over million to further their goals

so again people who always jump to israels deffence are sometimes scum

also on topic the ares's that the people attack are area's that dont belong to israel but occupied area's which belong to syria/leboneon
so they have all the right to launch attacks in those area's

or is it wronge to fight for your home and so on?

edit: just in case i am reffering to the Farms and golan heights and so on not Palistian area's

edit: also my ref to america is because of the reactions of the americans on this board. (aka a large minority are)

[edit on 29-12-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

I LOVE it how everyone who's against Israel is called militants in the media. Poor Israel, always being targeted by everyone. That is, only when they've done nothing wrong. But, when they bomb a US ship and blame it on Egypt, they're not criticised. In the media, at least.

i love it how everyone who's firing rockets, suicide bombing and firing artillery at israel unprovoked are called innocent civilians, oh their weapons are made up and israel is creating the problem, noone is attacking them at all.
they never blamed egypt, dont make up crap, they said it was accidential all along and they thought it was an egyptian ship, accidents happen when you spy in a war zone without telling either side.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

if the Israeli's do commit a crime they are accountible for it and using what the nazi's did to jews is just pathetic and in my view a horid way to use the deaths of over million to further their goals

also on topic the ares's that the people attack are area's that dont belong to israel but occupied area's which belong to syria/leboneon

so its criminal to defend themselves from hezbollah attacks?

are you joking? no seriously, unprovoked rocket and artillery attacks are ok because its from syrian or lebanese land and israel isnt allowed to defend itself?

by your logic israel should invade both for supporting their aggression.

it is when israel never attacked anyone untill they were attacked, the hardships aganst palestinians from war is their own fault, they deserve no sympathy for what comes from their actions.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by namehere]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
so your saying its criminal for people to defend against Israel just because of their past?

by your logic israel should invade both for supporting their aggression.

by logic what Israel is holding Land from both countries for that it is in violation of many international laws so by logic Israel should be under sanctions (which are vetod by Uncle sam)

it is when israel never attacked anyone untill they were attacked, the hardships aganst palestinians from war

their fault
Israel was the one to strike first if you look in history

from war is their own fault, they deserve no sympathy for what comes from their actions.

then in logic Israel deserves everything that is thrown at it the way you make it sound.

good night

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
if canada, mexico and cuba invaded america and we repelled them, and after he war we kept 2% of each to guard from a new invasion and we kept getting car bombings for occupying them would we not be justified in responding?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

so your saying its criminal for people to defend against Israel just because of their past?

by logic what Israel is holding Land from both countries for that it is in violation of many international laws so by logic Israel should be under sanctions (which are vetod by Uncle sam)

their fault
Israel was the one to strike first if you look in history

then in logic Israel deserves everything that is thrown at it the way you make it sound.

good night

yes it is, because the samre crap is still ongoing, it is their present still, you going to answer or just deflect everything?

no its not, its an ongoing conflict caused by them, untill they(syria,etc) stop and declare a peace treaty they can hold land all they want, israel is well within the law and one vetoe can be ignored if enough nations feel the need to vote one way so dont blame the US for what the UN refuses to do.

really? give 3 examples, i bet within minutes a quick google search will show an attack preceeding an israeli response.

no by your logic they should be allowed to walk in and any response will be considered illegal aggression.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

What crime are you talking about?.... The Israelis attacked a militant base which was used to fire rockets into an Israeli border town, how is that a crime?....

Keep the insults out of this discussion, otherwise stay out of the topic please.

So now the Palestinians have a right to attack Israel and Israel can't respond to those attacks?......

That's what the Israelis did....they shot back at the base that attacked an Israeli border town...

edit: also my ref to america is because of the reactions of the americans on this board. (aka a large minority are)

What in the world are you talking about?....

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Bashing Israel for defending themselves is Israeli bashing.

on topic

The topic is that terrorists in Palestine attacked an Israeli town....what did you expect the Israeli government to do? Allow these attacks to continue and not to respond to the attacks?...

one question though

This topic is about Israel responding to an attack to one of their border towns, don't try to use this to bash the US, or Americans.......

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

This is about a Palestinian militant camp attacking an Israeli border town, and the Israli army shooting back at the militant camp. Stay on topic please....

You want to call people that have rockets and are shooting these rockets at civilians, "innocent civilians"?.... You are in your right to say so....but it doesn't make you right..... i didn't know "innocent civilians" shoot rockets at other civilian towns....

[edit on 29-12-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Ok, Truthseeka, let's see if you really believe your name fits you.

You claim that Israel bombed an U.S. ship. In this assertion, I must assume you are refering to the U.S.S. Liberty. If this is the case, let us review some facts of the case.

First, let us remember that Israel had asked us if we had any ships in the area, and we said no. This mistake was ours.
Secondly, let me point out that the ship was cruising at 30 knots, and because of that, it was assumed to be a warship. As we had told them that we had no warships in the area, there was no reason for the pilots to think it was ours.
A rthird thing to consider was the sea was colm that day, and the flag was very likely not viewable bythe pilot of a fast-mover. Also, the U.S. Navy Court of Enquiry determined that the staff was knocked down after the first or second assault. This made it impossible for the torpedo boats to recognize the Liberty as an U.S. ship, rather than the Egyptian vessel it resembled, the El Quseir. As a matter of fact, the U.S. sailors, naturally, began to return fire in defense. The torpedo boats reported that the ship was an Egyptian vessel. Again, with all the intelligence, the fact that the ship was moving at a cruise speed that it was understood that would be the speed of a warship (both the U.S. and Israel recognized this), that we had said we had no ship within hundreds of miles of the battlefront although the Liberty was 14 miles off the coast, and that we returned fire (sure, in self defense, but still, gave the Israelis another reason to think we were the enemy), why would they assume anything else?
Ten U.S. investigations and three Israeli investigations have all come to the same conclusion; the attack was a horrible case of friendly fire.

As these things be the facts, you please tell me, how is it that the Israelis are the ones who tried to blame the Egyptians? Your assertion is not consistent with the facts, but is typical with non-factual conspiracies against a small nation who is trying to exist in a world that has proven to be nothing but hateful to her.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Why is the defence against blatant and flagrant anti-Israeli sentiment blatant and flagrant pro-Israeli sentiment? Why can there be no discussion of this topic without you first having to be pigeon holed as either vehemently pro or anti-Israel? Its the very same psychological divide and conquer mentality that pervades partisan political bickering.

Just because you're pro-Israeli and venomously attack anyone who dare criticise Israel doesn't make you any better than those who venomously attack Israel themselves. Get some perspective and analyse actions free from your emotional baggage and you'll soon see both sides are just as bad as each other.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   

What crime are you talking about?.... The Israelis attacked a militant base which was used to fire rockets into an Israeli border town, how is that a crime?....

Keep the insults out of this discussion, otherwise stay out of the topic please.

So now the Palestinians have a right to attack Israel and Israel can't respond to those attacks?......

That's what the Israelis did....they shot back at the base that attacked an Israeli border town...

What in the world are you talking about?....

are
first read my reply again
i said i was reffering to lebenon and syrian areas which occupied
Palistainain area's are a diffrent convo

secoundly if isreal strike someone they also have a right to defend them selves

and thirdly disagreeing with israel is not Israel bashing
maybe if i started saying destroy and israel and so on like most people here say nuke mecca.

just pathetic

edit: some corrections and reply to last comment
most of the users here are american so their view comes from what they read from the media
i said it because if it was an american ally or someone sponserd by the US the view would be diffrent

[edit on 30-12-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Uh, and other people get their news from what source? More reliable sources? Less reliable sources?

Nothing new that Israel launches an attack on someone else's soil? What would you expect? You do realize that, as usual, those who want Israel dead attacked her again, right?

You make it sound as if the "cirlce" only goes around because Israel responds to the continuous attacks on her people. You seem to forget that Israel responds, not initiates. Were she not to respond, the attacks would continue, as we have seen in the past, but it would not be a circle but a straight line to her destruction.
Of course you and all the others see that. Maybe that is what is desired. Make all the silly assertions about American TV, which is askewed against Israel anyway, but most Americans know right from wrong and see what is going on over in that region. We also see the truth.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

secoundly if isreal strike someone they also have a right to defend them selves

Oh I see. So if Israel is attacked and Israel retaliates because of that attack, it is ok for the militants to attack Israeli civilians again....

and thirdly disagreeing with israel is not Israel bashing
maybe if i started saying destroy and israel and so on like most people here say nuke mecca.

just pathetic

First of all....who in here has said anything about nuking mecca?..... Could you please provide proof that any of us here were asking to "nuke mecca"?....

Second, what you have been saying is that Israel has no right in shooting back at those bases which attacked an Israeli "civilian" town, but the militants are right in attacking Israel again... That's what I read in your responses in this thread. To me, that's Israel bashing.

edit: some corrections and reply to last comment
most of the users here are american so their view comes from what they read from the media
i said it because if it was an american ally or someone sponserd by the US the view would be diffrent

[edit on 30-12-2005 by bodrul]

Actually we have members from all over the world, there is no way to know for certain "that most users here are American." In fact i believe the contrary, most members are not Americans.

Second, whether al jazeera , CNN, or FOX NEWS reports this, the Palestinian base attacked the Israeli town first, a civilian town, then the Israeli government attacked the base. Israel is in their right to defend themselves. As Thomas Crowne says, Israel is not initiating any attacks, it is defending their population against those who only goal is to have Israel destroyed.

[edit on 30-12-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Oh I see. So if Israel is attacked and Israel retaliates because of that attack, it is ok for the militants to attack Israeli civilians again....

apart from the fact that they are the ones in the wronge by occupying areas from 2 nations

only the US and Israel see them as militants/terrorists
and most attacks on done on occupied areas

First of all....who in here has said anything about nuking mecca?..... Could you please provide proof that any of us here were asking to "nuke mecca"?....

Second, what you have been saying is that Israel has no right in shooting back at those bases which attacked an Israeli "civilian" town, but the militants are right in attacking Israel again... That's what I read in your responses in this thread. To me, that's Israel bashing.

you should really read the TWAT area more
place seems to be fruiting with these topics (Muslims evil,Destroy mecca and so forth)
just go there and read through it

secondly i didnt say they didnt have any right to shoot back i said the other side also had the right to shoot back
since they are fighting to get their land bank

Actually we have members from all over the world, there is no way to know for certain "that most users here are American." In fact i believe the contrary, most members are not Americans.

Second, whether al jazeera , CNN, or FOX NEWS reports this, the Palestinian base attacked the Israeli town first, a civilian town, then the Israeli government attacked the base. Israel is in their right to defend themselves. As Thomas Crowne says, Israel is not initiating any attacks, it is defending their population against those who only goal is to have Israel destroyed.

[edit on 30-12-2005 by Muaddib]

by building more into other peoples land and destroying farms/homes they very well are initiating any attacks.
during the last 5 years they have destroyed over 6000+buildings and made thousends homeless
they have killed/wounded Thousends of people trying to target a few
they punish the mass for the few

so yeah they are in the wronge

secondly most members that i have seen replys from are from the US
and a Map on ATS shows that in BTS

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think you completely missed that Lebanon's Prime Minister Fuad Saniora condemned the rocket attack and said his government would catch the perpetrators to make sure it did not happen again.

Also, on Friday army engineers in south Lebanon dismantled two rockets mounted for firing at Israel. Don't you think that suggested Lebanon was exerting greater control over its border area?

Third, El-Qaeda in Iraq claims responsibility for launching these Katyusha rockets at Israel

They published this on a website:

Al-Qaeda in Iraq claims rocket strike on northern Israeli city

"A group of al-Qaeda lions planned ... a new attack on the Jewish state," the al-Qaeda statement said. "The brothers accomplished their mission as it was planned and succeeded in their escape."

It said the al-Qaeda fighters fired 10 rockets into northern Israel.

(Photo: www.alsaha.fares.net)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join