It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scio me nihil scire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That means...

I know that I know nothing. Certain knowledge cannot be obtained.

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
And in knowing that you know nothing, that makes you the smartest of all.

- Socrates

To the believers and non-believers. You can learn a lot from these lines.

What do I believe? I believe what I've always believed in. The search for truth, enlightenment, and self-fulfillment. Keep cool, love one another, and help those in need.

If we keep babbling about what the bible is trying to say until the day we die, I say we've made no progress in human evolution. Spiritually and Ecologically.

Do not say you know what is true and absolute. Instead say...

"You know, I could be wrong."

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I know if you cover your ears so you will not hear, you will not hear.

I know if you cover your eyes so you will not see, you will not see.

I know if you cover your mouth so you will not speak, you will not speak.

I know if you judge objectively, then you choose what is true or not. You see evil where you look for it. And once you see evil, you close your mind to it.

If you close your mind to truth, then odds are you are a monkey who is not hearing, seeing or speaking truth, because truth is unnacceptible to you, as it is evil. Evil is the percieved fears. Fear evil?

Be Not Afraid
-Every messenger of Truth

If you know nothing, then you probably won't be one of the monkeys!

know fear and fear all that is not understood. Fearing the unknown? Fearing it enough to be too afraid to know it? Fear promotes Ignorance.

Deny ignorance?

Do you fear your God?

What is the opposite of love?

Hate?

How can one honestly justify their hate without first being afraid that that which they hate had the potential to deminish that which they love?

Hate is only justifiable where fear exists.

Fear opposes Love.

Fear is the opposite of love.

Fear your God?

Then you are doing the opposite of loving your God!

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
I know if you cover your ears so you will not hear, you will not hear.

I know if you cover your eyes so you will not see, you will not see.

I know if you cover your mouth so you will not speak, you will not speak.

I know if you judge objectively, then you choose what is true or not. You see evil where you look for it. And once you see evil, you close your mind to it.

If you close your mind to truth, then odds are you are a monkey who is not hearing, seeing or speaking truth, because truth is unnacceptible to you, as it is evil. Evil is the percieved fears. Fear evil?

Be Not Afraid
-Every messenger of Truth

If you know nothing, then you probably won't be one of the monkeys!

know fear and fear all that is not understood. Fearing the unknown? Fearing it enough to be too afraid to know it? Fear promotes Ignorance.

Deny ignorance?

Do you fear your God?

What is the opposite of love?

Hate?

How can one honestly justify their hate without first being afraid that that which they hate had the potential to deminish that which they love?

Hate is only justifiable where fear exists.

Fear opposes Love.

Fear is the opposite of love.

Fear your God?

Then you are doing the opposite of loving your God!

I understand all of this, but I'm not quite sure if you agree with what I've just said or...are you are trying to say that Jesus is your savior?

Or that fearing your God is not a positive thing for the spirit. That in reality it promotes a state of confusion because it is not out of love they fear, but only because they are told to do so.

We must fear, so... therefore, love does not reside.

Truth and Knowledge out of fear...you are not learning everything, I'm sure!

Fearing a God is not free will.

Because of fear, we are failing. The world is brought to it's knees.

It is a sad picture, indeed.

But remember... do not to be hostile and judge those who disagree and question...your "God".

If there is one.

[edit on 28-12-2005 by eudaimonia]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm trying to deliver the truth as best as i can.

If a person has a subconscious mind, then their mind is split.

If a person's mind is in more than 1 piece, then everthing they are and everything they can create has more than 1 piece to it.

How can anyone experience their own experiences while allowing their own fears to simultaneously be denying themselves their own true experiences?

If a person exhibits fear, if a person exhibits hate, then they obviously don't experience their own experiences. Their genetic disposition of "Self preservation" causes them to fear the unknown.

If they fear the unknown, then all things feared and recognized as unknown (such as Phi) are percieved by the subconscious as a threat to the conscious mind that is subject to it's own percieved fears. The fact that peoples minds prevent them from knowing what they know is support enough for my point.

Example:

You know you had your keys a few minutes ago. Now you can't find them. Who is to blame? You did not witness where you put them? It must be you that prevents you from knowing what you know you know.

Fear makes people stupider, and they are too afraid to even admit it to themselves.

top topics

join