It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protective Angel?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Yeah, I've never been very fond of New Age. But as far as I'm concerned much of psychology is the same crap as new age because experts in that field won't look beyond that which they can explain as normal.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I do believe "something" watches over us. I have had many experiences, i cant say near death, but something strange occured each time to affect the outcome. One that is fresh in my mind occurred last november in a state park. Me and a few friends were walking through the woods after a paintball match. We saw a cool creek at the bottom of a ravine we wanted to check out so we headed down. While making our way down the small incline i started to hear loud cracking such as you would hear when a tree is falling. That turned out to be what it was, i turned just in time to see a tree near 30 foot tall with not top, it appeared to have broken in the middle some years before. It was around 2 feet in circumfrence and falling straight on me, i didnt have time to react because it happened so fast at the last milisecond i fell.....more like launched to the side.

I thought one of my friends had tackled me, as i turned to say thanks while getting off the gorund i saw them all about 10 feet away with really wide eyes. I stodd up and they all asked how the heck i jumpedout of the way so fast. Something happened because i didnt jump and i played football so i know what it feels like to be tackled and something hit me.....just my experience all true though there were 8 people who saw me fly to the side.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I do enjoy hearing about them. It reminded me of a similar incident. I was going down a fairly steep hill on bike and the front tire got stopped on a metal part that served as a guardrail of sorts for pouring the asphalt. The bike stopped full and I was flying headlong to the ground. After a stunned moment I notice my arm had covered my head on the fall which was pretty heavy, yet I didn't break or bruise, only minor scratches. It felt pillow-soft in fact, which was odd but blamed adrenaline. I got up and walked away and a stunned onlooker was surprised to see me get up after that. My foot got caught in the wheel and the bike flipped but landed next to me instead of on me. "You okay?" he said from a distance. I shouted "Yeah!" a bit embarrassed. As I walked away, I thought, "Glad that angel was there or I could've broken my neck or got a concussion." Angel? Where did that thought come from? Odd. I hadn't thought much about my beliefs in college and was surprised to see that surface.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join