It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protective Angel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Yo, people.

This isn't really related to anything, well, except feeling secure whenever I face this big evil demon, but anyway, do you folks believe that we humans have guardian angels?

Thx.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Yes personal i do believe we have gardian angels, And i believe that i have been helped in times of need by them,

There have been a few threads here on ATS discussing the matter that you may like to have a read

Angel saved my life,

Whats your thoughts on the matter?

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Sorry, I always forget to do the "search"-thing.

Anyway, I haven't really been in any near-death experiences in my short life, so there hasn't really been any opportunities for a possible guardian angel to save my worthless butt. But I have these strange feelings some times that I've been through some pretty hairy stuff, maybe in a previous life, and I'm pretty sure that a Guardian Angel might have had something to do with that.

In any case, it'd be a nice feeling knowing that somebody "divine" was watching you. And there's another aspect too. I was reading about "astral projection" last night. At first I was thinking about trying it out. (Hey, you never know, right?) But then I read these nasty posts about evil spirits, and one in particular freightened me, one that said that if you left your body some evil spirit or something could take it over. Now, if you had a guardian angel, maybe they could protect you from this? That I think was what lead me to this post in the first place.

Just some rambling from my side. Sorry

Please share your thoughts on the subject.

Mucho Regards//Me

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'd posted this from another thread a while ago, hope it helps:

The interesting thing for me about angels was they were not what I expected. They also told me things that I was not comfortable hearing. No big fluffy pillows here. Their appearance was to bump me back in line on some thinking that was off-course. Anyhow, you don't even have to talk to them to know they're from God. It totally comes from them without them having to say a word. But if you choose to, then by all means 1 John 4 tells us to test the spirits. It is well documented the angels speak of God. I'd go through the Bible but I'm sure no-one would like to read two pages of quotes. I'm bearing witness, which is to say it's highly unlikely anyone who doubts would be convinced by my experiences, but if you'd like to test me in anyway I'll answer just about anything.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hey all, new here so this is my first post!

I'm convinced there are 'things' (for lack of a better term) that do guard and protect individuals, whether you want to call them an 'angel' or not I guess is a personal thing. I know at the core of my being something has been watching over me for quite some time, yet I can't explain the reasons it is doing so. I've almost died so many times it's kind of crazy when one takes all of the events into account, yet every single time it is averted at the last minute when it 'shouldn't' be.

By 'shouldn't', I mean they defy physics and/or intent. Each time I've walked away completely unscathed, yet at some level it bothers me. Something doesn't feel right about it and it certainly does not feel 'divine.' If anything, the feeling I have afterwards is always dirty and tainted at some level. Each time it's happened I always become sick afterwards for about a week or two, then I seem to be fine again. Anyone else have any experiences like this at all?

Thanks!

Side note - Saint4God, I registered here initially to get in touch with you after reading some of your posts. It won't let me U2U you until I get 20 post, if you happen to read this, if you feel comfortable, could you U2U me an alternate means of contact? Thanks so much. - Five

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiveby5
Saint4God, I registered here initially to get in touch with you after reading some of your posts. It won't let me U2U you until I get 20 post, if you happen to read this, if you feel comfortable, could you U2U me an alternate means of contact? Thanks so much. - Five

U2U sent
. Only 19 more posts to go! That should be quick and easy, yes? Says here I average over 7 a day. Hmmm.... I need a new hobby

[edit on 28-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I'd posted this from another thread a while ago, hope it helps:

The interesting thing for me about angels was they were not what I expected....

Saint, any idea if their presence can cause sickness? Everytime I've been in a near-death situation, I've walked out unscathed...and everytime I become extremely ill for 1-2 weeks (as I mentioned above). Medicine doesn't seem to help me at all, I basically have to just stumble through the day and feel completely exhausted.

That always struck me as odd, since those who say their Guardian Angel saves them from things usually describe their feelings afterwards as being in 'awe' or 'greatful for a second chance.' That's why I think whatever is interfering with things around me, isn't an Angel but something else entirely.

ps: Still working on being able to send a reply, closing in on 10!

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
From my point of view, i hear people go on about Guardian Angels and spirit guides etc.... However i've also read that its a conspiracy made up by the elite called the 'new age' movement. A truth/lie sandwich, part of truth with many lies to guide believers into another direction.

I personally don't believe in guardian angels and spirit guides. I DO believe in spirits and that the passed over come to visit you sometimes, but not in the way the new age concept seems to believe.

There is a thing under god-mind called 'christ conciousness'. This is the point in time when god-mind became self aware. It then split itself into compartments called oversouls, and each oversoul has whats called the 'Angelic Frequency'.

The Angelic frequency is NOT seperate to you, but a part of you. So is the oversoul and the overall god-mind.

There are many categories of angelic frequencies, and they each perform certain aspects in non-physical/physical reality, But in essence its a part of your own frequency anyway. You have the potential to tap into this frequency and have the ability of that frequency on physical reality.

If anyone is interested, I may post that in a new thread.

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Maybe there are some kind of evil bastardos trying to pass as guardian angels, when in fact they come from a hot place pretty damn far underground? Sounds pretty good, though. I mean, not that they're evil and that you get sick afterwards, but being sick is better then being dead, right? Anyway, I'd say it would be worth looking into closer...

As for me, I'll just hope my angel is there when he/she/it is needed. If not, I'll haunt him/her/it when I'm on the other side....

Great stuff, by the way. Thx, everyone, for enlightening me.

[edit on 28-12-2005 by David_Reale]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yes! I definitely believe in my Guardian Angel. I believe God assigned this Angel to me at my conception. My Angel will be with me for eternity.

God has His name for my angel, but I gave my angel a name and a description to which I could relate. I wasn't very knowledgeable when I gave my angel a name. Since then I have found out about angels and how wonderful and glorious they are, but have not changed my Angels name.

My Angel has saved me physically more than once, probably many times of which I am not aware. My Angel also nudges my conscience when I am about to do or say something that isn't very good or nice. My Angel helps me to be a more considerate and loving person. My Angel is with me to comfort me when I am going through stressful and grief filled times. My Angel helps me to want to know Jesus, my Savior, and God, my Father better.

Angel of God,
My guardian dear,
To whom God's love commits me here,
Ever this day be at my side,
To light, and guard, to rule and guide.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I truly believe in guardian angels.
I also think they are those who we may have known or been related to.
I know my maternal grandmother, who died before I was born, has reached out to me as an adult.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale
Maybe there are some kind of evil bastardos trying to pass as guardian angels, when in fact they come from a hot place pretty damn far underground? Sounds pretty good, though. I mean, not that they're evil and that you get sick afterwards, but being sick is better then being dead, right? Anyway, I'd say it would be worth looking into closer...

[edit on 28-12-2005 by David_Reale]

I've thought about that David, which of course brings me to that wonderful question of "why?" If something else is stepping in and keeping me alive on multiple occassions, it has to have a reason for doing so. I've been dealing with a lot of things lately which lead me to believe I'm being molded for something, which is why I came here to contact Saint4God in hopes he could provide insight. I'm not totally comfortable posting them in a public forum though. The weird thing is I'm not Christian, yet after reading Saints posts I felt that he would be the best person to approach with my problems. How's that for irony?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiveby5
Saint, any idea if their presence can cause sickness? Everytime I've been in a near-death situation, I've walked out unscathed...and everytime I become extremely ill for 1-2 weeks (as I mentioned above). Medicine doesn't seem to help me at all, I basically have to just stumble through the day and feel completely exhausted.

I couldn't rule out the possibility, but do you think it's their presence that causes the sickness or the fact that you almost died that caused it? It's certainly possible that they were there to keep you from biting the bullet, but I'm wondering if you have some unanswered spiritual questions that are making you ill. When I was an angry agnostic oblivionist, I frequented spiritual illness because I didn't know what happens after death. I'd like to ask some of those when you can U2U.

That always struck me as odd, since those who say their Guardian Angel saves them from things usually describe their feelings afterwards as being in 'awe' or 'greatful for a second chance.' That's why I think whatever is interfering with things around me, isn't an Angel but something else entirely.

The devil doesn't save people from death. That's pretty clear to me, unless he needs that experience to convince a person to worship him.

ps: Still working on being able to send a reply, closing in on 10!

You can do eet! I have faith.

Thanks for the compliment! I hope I can be of help. I have much I'd like to share and this has been "tip of the iceberg" so to speak.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well I might as well slap my opinion on here, personally I beleive in demon spirits, who try and feast on good spirits who enter the spiritual realm after death in the human realm... guardian angels are with you and help you when evil spirits try to condemn your good soul, guardian angels cannot be harmed and thus stay with you to help move along your soul to a safe place after death on earth.. damn those evil demon spirits.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I truly do believe in guardian angels.

I think the most compelling story I have ever heard was on an episode of the Montel Williams Show sometime mid 2005. I believe the show was about miracleous survivals.

It was about a family who had about 4-5 kids(trying hard to remember the number). The parents had gone out for the night, leaving the oldest daugther 17 or 18? to watch her siblings. They all fell asleep.
A serial killer broke into their home and this serial killer(whose name also slips my mind) was known to be a brutal cruel man. He had dragged one boy out of his bed and had punched him numerous times and then killed him. He continued to the next room and had killed a little girl. The oldest girl and her younger sister were both being beaten up by this man, when suddenly the killer was literally flown into the kitchen againest the counter and took out a knife and was swinging at air. The girls had time to run out the front door while this happened and when police finally came in to arrest him they found him in shock. Officers asked why he spared the girls, he said he didn't choose to that the angel overpowered him.

Talk about an experience!

I wish I could remember all the details as well as the name of the episode, I'd love to order it.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
That was one of the coolest (and nastiest) experiences I've ever heard of. Too bad the guy didn't get nailed to the wall, he'd deserved it. Anyway, if we all have guardian angels like that, we have nothing to fear. Of course it depends on what you do for a living as well...
Serial killers might not have any guardian angels, I guess.

On a side note: Saint4God, sorry for not replying to your U2U, it's this bloody 20-post rule that is haunting me. If you want to you can get in contact with me on my email instead ([email protected]). Otherwise, you'll just have to wait for me to fill out my quote of posts
Only ten more to go if I'm right...yepee...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I had my guardian angel show herself to me on a night right before the most important/crazy day of my life. She helped me get throughout a very important day that would change the coarse of my future/history.

I felt her presence all around me, she hugged me and electric shocks went through my body. She told me not to worry and she was going to do what was necessary.

The next day I had the most incredible sign/experience that it changed me forever. I'm a believer for ever. Since that day I can communicate with her when ever I like. The bridge was made and since then she has taken me to the stars and beyond while giving me powers she has. I have a picture of me and her I drew above my computer screen.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
That's so cool, man
To be able to talk with your guardian angel, I mean, and to have her support you when you need it the most. I still wonder whether or not I have one. Maybe I just don't need one, or maybe I'm such an asshole that nobody up there wants to protect me
. Would be kinda cool, though.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale
That's so cool, man
To be able to talk with your guardian angel, I mean, and to have her support you when you need it the most. I still wonder whether or not I have one. Maybe I just don't need one, or maybe I'm such an asshole that nobody up there wants to protect me
. Would be kinda cool, though.

I'm not sure where the notion of 1 angel being assigned to a person has come from. I think the ones I've bumped into were different, with different messages/purposes and seems to be that way throughout the Bible as well. It's certainly possible though, just don't know why it's a "requirement". Interesting thing too, they don't come to people with a servant-like thinking, nor a superiority complex, so it's kinda cool. Like brothers/sisters on the other side of the coin. In most cases though, teachers. Guess they get that from their boss.

Looking forward to your U2U David, I have better access to that than e-mail most of the time.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I definatly believe in Guardian Angels and Spirit Guides.
Especially spirit guides.

I've been communicating with my spirit guides since I was a little girl of about five. When I got older I started fearing that I was crazy, so I started studying psychology when I was a teenager and read about the possible mental ailments I could possibly have that include "hearing voices" and my situation hasn't corrilated with any of those diseases.

I do agree that the New Age movement does sometimes exploit and gives misleading info regarding the topic of angels and spirit guides, but I still wholeheartedly believe in them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join