It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Politics: Goodbye Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The latest "shooting spree" in Toronto has pretty much set the future of guns in stone.

A Boxing Day shootout that killed an innocent teenaged bystander has left Toronto residents wondering how much worse the city's violence can get after as many as 15 young people were involved in a shootout on a busy street packed with holiday shoppers.

Police, politicians and the people of Toronto reacted with shock and revulsion Tuesday after learning more about the incident that saw a 15-year-old girl become the city's 78th murder victim of the year.

news.yahoo.com...

That handgun ban is definitely going to take place in my opinion. I would not go as far as saying that it is a conspiracy, but these gun crimes could not come at a better time for politicians pushing gun laws.

What made me sick was when I overhead on CTV newsnet that it was not just Toronto to blame, but all of Canada should be involved.

Well I am sorry but no.

Taking away handguns from everyone will not solve the problem. Taking them away from people in Toronto alone will not solve the problem.

The gun registry will not solve the problem.

Guns are not the problem.

Whats that you say, guns are not the problem? No. Because I have never seen a gun walk down Young Street in Toronto and start shooting civilians.

I have never seen a gun rob a bank.

I have seen people holding guns shoot people. I have seen people who rob banks use a gun.

Why are these people allowed to walk around? Why are they allowed to get guns to hunt after being banned from using guns?

I would not mind owning a handgun actually. I fired many in my training. I would like one for target practice.

Will I be able to get one in the future? Probably not.

Goodbye guns.

And the criminals shall inherit the cities.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It would seem we made the news all over found this, thought this was interesting.

www.pulse24.com...
007/page.asp

Also on City Pulse News this morning they had a thread running and just caught a glimpse of a comment about since the handgun ban has been imposed, sales for handguns have gone up. That's all it said but I am trying to find more info. I am curious as to who is buying the guns as these would, until the ban is in place still be sold as legal handguns. Can't see to many criminals buying legal guns.

Maybe some Canadians see themselves as would be vigilantes in the future, it would be very sad to see that if some of our future criminals turn out to be previously law abiding citizens who were only trying to protect themselves.

I think Toronto has some very dark times ahead

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
i agree they should not ban guns. there'd be no point. illegal drugs like coc aine and marijuana are banned but people some how still manage to get a hold of them.
and the people that do obey the law will have nothing to defend themselves against some1 that would of illegally got a hold of one

new topics

join