It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guilty until proven innocent?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
kozmo I doubt you have even looked up the NSA case, if you had you would realize that the laws involved in it are anything but simple. There are restrictions and limits placed upon most of the first 10 amendments. These have been done so legally throughout the history of our nation. It’s all nice and dandy to read the constitution but why don’t you check out the other laws that have been passed concerning that constitution.
Like I said before, this case involves overlapping laws and circumstances, from what I understand about it the President did not violate the 4th amendment nor go beyond his powers. Apparently what he did do though is upset people by exercising his powers, and therein lies the problem. In today's world if it makes you upset or angry then it has to be against the law.

To my knowledge terrorist haven't used busses or trains in the U.S. to "spread terror" so I see no reason that John Doe who was born and raised in the U.S. needs to show his ID to board a bus or train.A plane yes obviously.

I’m sorry but this is really absurd. Did terrorists use planes as missiles before 9/11? The point in not to wait and see what they do, it’s to predict and prepare for what they could do. Also, it's sad that I need more ID to rent a DVD then I do to take the train or bus.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is just another excuse to harrass people, without them being able to fight back, at all.

I can't wait til they decide to do this to some High Up person, say a Senator, & the Cop gets fired for it.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

To my knowledge terrorist haven't used busses or trains in the U.S. to "spread terror" so I see no reason that John Doe who was born and raised in the U.S. needs to show his ID to board a bus or train.A plane yes obviously.

I’m sorry but this is really absurd. Did terrorists use planes as missiles before 9/11? The point in not to wait and see what they do, it’s to predict and prepare for what they could do. Also, it's sad that I need more ID to rent a DVD then I do to take the train or bus.

How is it absurd?Are you a terrorist?Am I a terrorist?Is grandma Jones a terrorist?NO!..The laws that are being created and put into use by Government and Law enforcement to supposedly fight terror are being used against American citizens.All in the name of security.There is absolutely no reason for an American citizen to have to show ID to get on a public transport bus or an Amtrak train.From everything I've read about the 911 investigation is that our Goverment knew that Terrorist planned to use planes to attack us an did nothing..but now it's ok for them to demand ID from us Americans everywhere we go?Why?For what purpose?It makes no sense!Instead of them concentrating on stopping more terrorist from coming into the country to attack us again they are more worried about what American citizens are doing and where they are going and who they are calling or emailing over seas And you are OK with this Westpoint? I'm not attacking you just asking you.
Maybe when you're walking down the street and stopped to be asked for ID ,refuse and get tased or slammed against the hood of the cop's car and have your pockets searched,hancuffed and taken to jail for refusing to show ID(when you were doing nothing but walking down the street) you'll see our point.

Seems to me our government and law enforcement agencies are more afraid of us than the terrorist.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Umm... are you saying that being an American Citizen means that you cannot possibly be terrorist or wish harm on this country? The point is to be aware of everyone, not just focus on one specific group, if you do then you’re just setting yourself up for a disaster. Might want to look at the London bombings case.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Umm... are you saying that being an American Citizen means that you cannot possibly be terrorist or wish harm on this country? The point is to be aware of everyone, not just focus on one specific group, if you do then you’re just setting yourself up for a disaster. Might want to look at the London bombings case.

Yeah, ANOTHER example of govt-sponsored terror (7/7 bombings).

Let me ask you...if the po pos come up to you and demand your papers, even if you've done nothing wrong, you'll have no problem with that? Seriously, I don't want more dis-info answers.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yeah, ANOTHER example of govt-sponsored terror (7/7 bombings).

Yeah, ANOTHER example of a groundless accusation with no proof behind it.

Actually if the “po pos” came up to me and asked for some papers I wouldn’t know what papers to give them in the first place. I would however say “Hi, my name is so and so, it's nice to meet you. I’d wish them a merry Christmas and go on about my day.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join