It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger Deleted From Web Sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

VIENNA, Austria (AP) -

The Terminator has been terminated in his hometown.

On Tuesday, a day after officials in Arnold Schwarzenegger's Austrian birthplace of Graz removed his name from a soccer stadium to comply with the California governor's wishes, they deleted references to him on the city's Web sites.

After Williams' Dec. 13 execution triggered a firestorm in Europe, and calls mounted for the stadium to be stripped of Schwarzenegger's name, the governor opted for a pre-emptive strike: A week ago, he dashed off a letter to local officials ordering his name to be removed and said he was returning an ornate ring of honor that Graz officials gave him in 1999.

www.lasvegassun.com...

I know that people have their convictions and that until you can actually walk in someone's shows you have no idea at what their life is like. I also know that people overseas have different ideas then we do.

The mayor of Graz ordered that the name of the stadium be renamed, but Arnold Schwarzenegger took it one step further and gave back his ornate ring and had them take his name off their website. Is the reason for this because he isn't going to give clemency next month to that 75-year old inmate and the fact that Graz is against the death penlty? or did he have them removed his name from the website and gave back the ornate ring because he is in fact distancing himself from his own hometown?

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This is a great example of why we should never amend the Constitution to allow foreign-born presidents. Although Arnold is tough enough to ignore the pressure from his original homeland, perhaps someone else wouldn't be.

[edit on 12/27/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I wonder how Gatz wourld fel if they had a local branch of the Cripts running around killing people?

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
He probably doesnt want any connections to his home country so he can try and become president, which if he did would be horrible.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
He probably doesnt want any connections to his home country so he can try and become president, which if he did would be horrible.

This post shows a total ignorance of the U.S. constitution.

For the record and your information, it would take a constitutional ammendment ratified by 3/4 of the states to even allow Arnold to run for president. If (and this is a very big if) all that were to happen, Arnold would most likely be too old (or dead) to be a candidate.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hence why I said try.
I know the consitution would have to be changed, I think you blew my post way out of proportion.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Amid reports that Arnold was going to have his name removed from the stadium, he called the mayor of Graz and said, choking back sobs, "Go ahead, take my name off that stadium! See if I care!"
The mayor paused as that sank in, then said, "Fine! That's exactly what I'm gonna do!"
Arnold retorted, "Fine then! And I'm gonna send back your stupid ring too. I always thought it was ugly anyway!"
The mayor, caught off guard, sputtered, "You're what? You're giving back the ring? Well fine then. I'm gonna take your name off EVERYTHING!"
"FINE!!" shrieked Arnold, as he slammed the phone down.

Then he and the mayor, on opposite sides of the planet, both, separately, wept inconsolably...

[edit on 27-12-2005 by Bob LaoTse]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Presidential candidates are the investments of the highest bidders. The majority are groomed, and owe the intentions of others. No one that can not be controlled make it that far in politics, or from the perspectives of some are at least percieved as controlled.

Some great thoughts here in this thread.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Scharzennegger is very much disliked in Austria and his hometown there. They do not like him, are embarrassed by him and have been trying to distance themselves from him for quite awhile. He's an embarrassment to the whole country of Austria. He's also an embarrassment to California. I moved from CA 9 months ago. It is known that he has raped women, this was printed in the MSM the day before the election.

top topics

join