It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titor countdown clock

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Whats so Civil about WAR mr titor?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Whats so Civil about WAR mr titor?

Good Lord, did i have an insane crush on that dude (Axel, not Titor)... now that i think about it... what was i thinking ???

I think wether we like it or not War is a civil liberty... we do have the liberty to start a war, just like we have the freedom to commict any kind of random crimes... its just after that comes punishement and consequences..well...in most cases...

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Hoax? Truth? Fiction? Fantasy? Whatever, still one of the most entertaining, creative pieces of work to ever presented on ATS.

I'm waiting for the Movie!

There's a movie in the works

sad but true

www.cyburbiaproductions.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Travel Advisory

Originally posted by orionthehunter
The Titor timeline or story isn't happening now. It's all different here in this time.

If this is true, then John Titor is not from the future. At least, not from our future.

Which is the problem with time travel: the paradoxes tend to expose the would-be time traveler to the perils of not existing.

Actually, if you ooked close enough you'd notice that he's not relaly claiming ot be a time traveller per se.
but Rathaer a cross time traveller, like the dudes from the TV show "Slider" our earth was just a parallel earth that was "farther back" in our time line that his home world.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Sliding Into Irrelevance

Originally posted by I_AM_that_I_AM
Actually, if you ooked close enough you'd notice that he's not relaly claiming ot be a time traveller per se.
but Rathaer a cross time traveller, like the dudes from the TV show "Slider" our earth was just a parallel earth that was "farther back" in our time line that his home world.

Either way, this still means his "predictions" for our timeline are utterly pointless.

And that's the problem with the whole gambit: even if John Titor was telling the truth, then it still doesn't apply to us, since his past could not possibly be our future, according to him.

His own words disqualify everything he says from being anything approaching "prophecy".

Hence my lack of interest in this story as anything more than just a story.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_that_I_AM

Originally posted by Majic
Travel Advisory

Originally posted by orionthehunter
The Titor timeline or story isn't happening now. It's all different here in this time.

If this is true, then John Titor is not from the future. At least, not from our future.

Which is the problem with time travel: the paradoxes tend to expose the would-be time traveler to the perils of not existing.

NO NO NO

please see his first post. (btw, if your BS meter isn't going off the charts when you see this, I have a bridge in brooklyn to sell you)

www.anomalies.net...
Posted by John Titor on 01-27-2001 12:45 PM

Greetings. I am a time traveler from the year 2036. I am on my way home after getting an IBM 5100 computer system from the year 1975.

My "time" machine is a stationary mass, temporal displacement unit manufactured by General Electric. The unit is powered by two, top-spin, dual-positive singularities that produce a standard, off-set Tipler sinusoid.

I will be happy to post pictures of the unit.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
let's see, head back from 2036 to get a computer from the 70's, which is needed to further our cause. Ok, got the computer.

ok, got it. now, maybe I should spend some extra time here buying up shares in companies that will be huge in the years to come. While I'm at it, I think I'll snag some gold and silver and stash it somewhere safe and you know it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy up some real estate. hey, I know of every major news event that will happen in the next 30 or so years. Maybe I should try and stop the bad ones, like 9/11.

I can be rich, famous and bring about peace in our time.

or......

I can post on the internet

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join