It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titor countdown clock

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm not really an expert on time travel theories, but unless when he supposedly travled back in time he created a paralell universe, etc, etc.....

Well, I suppose if I went back in time and told everyone 5 years before the 9/11 attacks.......... Would it still happen?

I'm just tierd and can't explain thing properlly, sorry... lol

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
There is actually some theoretical (at least) science behind the statement that his presence could have changed the timeline so the events he experienced would not occur once he's polluted our time. However, it's far more likely he was just a liar and a charlatan.

Either way, he's a false prophet.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I honestly am still curious as to how anyone took that fake internet titor guy's account with any amount of credibility. He reminds me of Pat Robertsons predictions of the end times.....not once, or twice, but three times. When the predicted second coming of christ, or tribulation time came and went, he just adjusted it.

I wonder if Titor will come back to the online community and "adjust"? Although I am not sure he will even need to considering people are actually discussing ways to get around his timeframe in this thread!

[edit on 27-12-2005 by Sight2reality]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
However, it's far
more likely he was just a liar and a charlatan.

lmfao

You have voted djohnsto77 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I wonder, when the year ends and nothing happens that is even remotely similar to a civil war, will the titor believers all follow some other prankster?

just in case, I should probably introduce myself. I came here from the planet stainstein and I have many things to warn you about. I will begin warning you of your impending doom and help you avoid a most horrible death at the hands of the giant moving taur in early '06, provided there isn't a civil war (there won't be)

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Go to www.johntitor.com and click on the "predictions" pull down box. Select "Jan 2001 predictions" and scroll all the way to the bottom and read the following:

01-31-2001 03:41 PM

65. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII.

My guess is that there is no "John Titor" and that instead, he is simply a creation of someone's wild imagination. I think it's amazing, however, that something that has yet to be proven (and in fact; arguably has been proven false) is the subject of a nearly 2000 reply thread. Go figure

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Ok, who seriously believed John Titor was a time traveler?

But I do think there's something to the message that the guy who posed as "John Titor" had to say. Like when somebody writes a novel.

Just my opinion

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Titor is no doubt tittering in some obscure corner of the net laughing with rib-splitting convulsions at the gullibility of some people.

In all fairness, though, no one is immune to a good prank.

Let's have a show of hands from those who bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Edited for a typo, it's a curse.

[edit on 27-12-2005 by FEMA]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Could this be another Waco?

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genfinity
I laughed when I saw it.

Heck, I would even give the liar an extra 31 days in January.

Wasnt there supposed to be a civil war in 2000?

Wasnt the 2000 election supposed to be the last one?
(General questions not related to Titor-totter)

Oh well. Another one bites the dust........

2000 Election was the last one as you knew it

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I am not a titor follower but guys I wouldn't laugh until this is over. Lets just wait and see what happens. Then we can laugh. I doubt anything will happen but still.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spreadthetruth
I'm not really an expert on time travel theories, but unless when he supposedly travled back in time he created a paralell universe, etc, etc.....

Actually, assuming he's ot a hoaxer for a minute, he's a cross time traveller.
Meaning he's from a parallel earth.
LIek in the TV show 'Sliders'.
An alternate universe where their earth is further chronologically along and so the date is what we would call the future, except it's the present.
'cause he's not a time traveller.
Assuming he's not a hoaxer.
Which is a big assumption.
I mean seriously, my main problem with people who assume he's real and not a hoaxer, is that they claim he'a time traveller, when in reality he is jut a from(at best) a future parallel of earth.....
So even if he WAS telling the truth, that doesn't mean that ANY of what he said would EVER happen in/on "our" earth.

[edit on 28-12-2005 by I_AM_that_I_AM]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum
Go to www.johntitor.com and click on the "predictions" pull down box. Select "Jan 2001 predictions" and scroll all the way to the bottom and read the following:

01-31-2001 03:41 PM

65. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII.

So, where does 2005 come in? Im just curious, cant remember everything he said, and i dont have time to go digging until next year..

I believe it was a big hoax too, although one of the, if not the, best ones out there.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
At approximately 11:45 PM December 31st a fight over a smuggled-in bottle of champagne will erupt among several drunk revelers in Times Square while waiting to see the ball drop. This melee will expand exponentially over the next 5 minutes until NYC is totally rioting. Over the next 10 minutes, the entire U.S. will be engulfed in civil war.

Or maybe not.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
At approximately 11:45 PM December 31st a fight over a smuggled-in bottle of champagne will erupt among several drunk revelers in Times Square while waiting to see the ball drop. This melee will expand exponentially over the next 5 minutes until NYC is totally rioting. Over the next 10 minutes, the entire U.S. will be engulfed in civil war.

Or maybe not.

you can't announce that because now I will go into times square and start a fight over smuggled champagne and you will look like a seer when, in reality, you simply gave me the suggestion.

44th and broadway, north east corner - bottle of Dom. Try not to be late or I shall be forced to start a national riot

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_that_I_AM

Originally posted by Spreadthetruth

Actually, assuming he's ot a hoaxer for a minute, he's a cross time traveller.
Meaning he's from a parallel earth.
LIek in the TV show 'Sliders'.
An alternate universe where their earth is further chronologically along and so the date is what we would call the future, except it's the present.
'cause he's not a time traveller.
Assuming he's not a hoaxer.
Which is a big assumption.
I mean seriously, my main problem with people who assume he's real and not a hoaxer, is that they claim he'a time traveller, when in reality he is jut a from(at best) a future parallel of earth.....
So even if he WAS telling the truth, that doesn't mean that ANY of what he said would EVER happen in/on "our" earth.

[edit on 28-12-2005 by I_AM_that_I_AM]

OK

Nice try , interesting idea. Titors first post declared a very direct and simple (lie) that he is a time traveler.

If you want the original posts, here they are;

www.anomalies.net...

Posted by John Titor on 01-27-2001 12:45 PM

Greetings. I am a time traveler from the year 2036. I am on my way home after getting an IBM 5100 computer system from the year 1975.

My "time" machine is a stationary mass, temporal displacement unit manufactured by General Electric. The unit is powered by two, top-spin, dual-positive singularities that produce a standard, off-set Tipler sinusoid.

I will be happy to post pictures of the unit.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
titor was a hoax? no way.

tell me, mr big shot I know he's lying, what part of that post was a lie? the sinusoid thingy? the fact that GE is making time travel machines in the year 2036? the part about coming back for computer that he needs?

it all screams truth

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Don't be so quick to discount Titor! Just because the shooting war hasn't started in 2005, dosen't mean the stratagy and planning hasn't taken place this year. Remember wars start with people in basements, think tanks, govt. offices with logistics long before a bomb is dropped or a shot fired or a man killed. Discount Mr. Titor if you must, but the war has started; you just don't know it.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
. Discount Mr. Titor if you must, but the war has started; you just don't know it.

Anything to keep it alive? Is there anyway to change your mind? What would have to happen for you to believe is is a hoax?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
then where are all the little battles that he said would start taking place years ago?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join