It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusted with our system of law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So today, I go outside to find a ticket on my car. I think to myself "Oh damn, is my inspection overdue? Did someone smash my lights (again)?" I take the ticket off the windshield and hop in my car to get away from the rain. I hit the lights, and read it over.

With utter disgust, I find out I'm to make a court appearence for PARKING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION.

Let me tell you a bit about my neighborhood. I live in an apartment complex, and the guy across from me is a major drug dealer in the neighborhood. Theres also an illegal chop shop in our backyard/garage area.

Just a month ago, someone got stabbed to death a block away from my apartment - because he was gay.

If the most important thing on the Suffolk County Police Departments agenda is to make sure people are parking in the right direction, then I hate to say it, but we're #ed. I understand there are good, courageous men and women in the force, and I am not devalueing their work, but this is #ing ridiculous.

What about the people that park on the lawn? Sometimes even partially blocking the steps - isn't that a safety violation? And the drug dealer/car thieves that live in the building? I'm disgusted, uttly disgusted, seems they'll make anyone a cop now.

I'm taking pictures of the people who park on the lawn, who tear apart other peoples cars to sell the parts, and of the - at least - a dozen stolen bikes a month in the garage. Once I'm through with Sufflok PD Im going to make them eat their own ticket and drown them in their own blatant mistakes and disregard for the community.

Needless to say, I'm gettin em, and I'm gettin em good.

This is on Long Island, NY.

new topics

join