It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Look at U.S. Military Deaths in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

As of Monday, Dec. 26, 2005, at least 2,168 members of the U.S. military have died since the beginning of the Iraq war in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count. At least 1,696 died as a result of hostile action, according to the military's numbers. The figures include five military civilians.

Since May 1, 2003, when President Bush declared that major combat operations in Iraq had ended, 2,029 U.S. military members have died, according to AP's count. That includes at least 1,587 deaths resulting from hostile action, according to the military's numbers.

www.lasvegassun.com...

This is a real pity. Because of George Bush and his manipulation of American patriotism ideals, 2,168 members of the U.S. Military have died. If they were parents, I especially feel for their children.

How has it gotten this bad? Of course most feel like it is their obligation to protect our freedoms from being stepped on like a door mat. However, it isn't the nation overseas threatening our freedoms. It is our government who are deciding which rights we need and don't need.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
No, you are incorrect. President Bush did not lie about the War in Iraq. We are winning the war in Iraq and in every war there are always deaths.

The war in Iraq is going to really help bring peace to the middle-east because the only way peace can start is if there are free nations of free people.

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CelticHeart
This is a real pity. Because of George Bush and his manipulation of American patriotism ideals, 2,168 members of the U.S. Military have died. If they were parents, I especially feel for their children.

How has it gotten this bad? Of course most feel like it is their obligation to protect our freedoms from being stepped on like a door mat. However, it isn't the nation overseas threatening our freedoms. It is our government who are deciding which rights we need and don't need.

Compared to other wars, the numbers really aren't that bad....
(big thank you to all the military doctors who are doing a wonderful job!
)
When we went from offensive to defensive (Mission accomplished speech), that's when the numbers started going up. Perhaps a few more months on the offensive and the numbers would be lower. Perhaps more troops and the numbers would be lower. Perhaps more planning and the numbers would be lower. Who knows?

As far as blaming all this on Bush...
How many times did we fire off cruise missiles into Iraq during Clinton?
Us wanting to attack Iraq was no secret. We've wanted to do it since the first Gulf War. It was inevitable. It just fell under this Bush administration.
You want to blame someone, blame everyone who's been in power since the first Gulf War.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If you actually cared about the soldiers I would join you in honoring them, but you are only using them to bash Bush. You should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
If you actually cared about the soldiers I would join you in honoring them, but you are only using them to bash Bush. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Dronetek, who were you talking about when you posted this statement? If you were talking to me then let me fill you in on something. I do honor them. I care what happens to them. The people I care more about though are the families that these guys left behind.

You see right after the Gulf War, my father came home and killed himself. So every bit of honor and caring I have for these lost soldiers is easily directed towards their families.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Dronetek, who were you talking about when you posted this statement? If you were talking to me then let me fill you in on something. I do honor them. I care what happens to them. The people I care more about though are the families that these guys left behind.

You see right after the Gulf War, my father came home and killed himself. So every bit of honor and caring I have for these lost soldiers is easily directed towards their families.

What does that have to do with using military deaths to push your anti-Bush agenda?

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Military deaths in Iraq are the direct result of the leadership telling blatant lies to the public to justify their invasion. Doesn't matter how you dress it all up or what excuses are made, the bottom line is they lied.

There is no honour in dying for a lie or to serve the corporate government, who couldn't give a damn as long as their stock portfolios increase as a result of the military spending.
I have friends who are serving / have served in the Gulf and they know just how much Mr Blair and the MOD care about them. They certainly don't see any honour in being there.

Patriotism and honour mean more than supporting the government in whatever it does, right or wrong. Of course, those who now lead us have no honour and would sell the rest of us down the river to enrich themselves and increase their own power. That's politics for you.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I hate to tell you this but I think Bush would hang you all out to dry if it came down to either him or you.

Death in war is tough, these service men will be remembered for their bravery and selfless act of giving their lives for their country.

Standing up to defend those who could not defend themselves.

Is it worth pointing out that Bush and his staff lied about the reasons for invading Iraq!

This is the same guy that spend more time on holidays than any other president.

Plays a great game of golf!

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by talon565
I hate to tell you this but I think Bush would hang you all out to dry if it came down to either him or you.

I agree, but it shouldn't come to that. You should willingly throw yourself out to dry if the need arose.

Originally posted by Britguy
Military deaths in Iraq are the direct result of the leadership telling blatant lies to the public to justify their invasion. Doesn't matter how you dress it all up or what excuses are made, the bottom line is they lied

A Direct result you say? I see no possible way for you to prove this.

Lies are lies. But we didn't go into Iraq for one thing, shutting down any Nuclear Weapon's Operations that might (I'm sure they did.) exist.

There's too many things to go through, so I'm planning on bringing bringing up another thread that I can point toward to support my claims.

But what I wanted to say was this.

From Dictionary.com

pa·tri·ot·ic adj Feeling, expressing, or inspired by love for one's country.

loy·al adj. 1Steadfast in allegiance to one's homeland, government, or sovereign.
2Faithful to a person, ideal, custom, cause, or duty.

Just a couple of things I think people should meditate on. And also, I ask myself alot of times, "Am I with this country? Do I take peace for granted? Have I earned my place here? Do I desrve to live in a country that I haven'e contributed to?"

I'm too deep in thought about things that are off this subject. I'll return.

[edit on 28/12/05 by Kokasion]

[edit on 28/12/05 by Kokasion]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   

What does that have to do with using military deaths to push your anti-Bush agenda?

Right...bashing Bush. Nice to see your blinkers are firmly in place.

Of the four nurses in my Mum's graduating class who married soldiers, two are widows, two are probably widows now due to cancer and miscellaneous other health problems and from memory at least one of them had "Agent Orange" children.

All four husbands served in Vietnam.

Vietnam was an unpopular war than and it's an unpopular war now. The difference is back then we weren't sophisticated enough to separate the men from the politics, we blamed them for doing a "dirty job" (all that "baby-killers" crap). Now, the public know who to blame and it isn't the soldiers.

But, hey, like you appear to believe, you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

If you want Bush bashing, here goes:

Iraq was a diversion from the War on Terror (tm), it took men away from Afghanistan and the hunt for the man who actually attacked New York. However, the facts notwithstanding, George W Bush has made Iraq the focus of the War on Terror(tm) by bringing the highest concentration of terrorism in the world to a country that previously had none.

edit: emphasis

[edit on 29-12-2005 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Compared to other wars, the numbers really aren't that bad....
(big thank you to all the military doctors who are doing a wonderful job!
)

I have to agree we have lost much more people then that in single days during other wars.

Some people might say this is a Unpopular war? Is there even a such thing as a popular war its all just war those are just words. Was it any easier on the hundreds of thousands of families that lost people in say WW2.

Oh its a popular war Miss Smith thats sure to help you sleep better knowing little john is never comming back

Theres some good reasons this Generation will not ever be known as the Greatest Generation.

top topics

join