It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favourite game ever made, what is it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
A few words for you all.

DOES ANYONE HERE PLAY REAL GAMES!?!

oh my fricken god you gotta be kidding me. So ^^^^you up there, with the tatoo, you looked promising, I thought you might play a MANLY game, but no, oh no, you play this gay crap.

Zelda??? Walking around as a fricken girl all day? Oh my god. Wow dude wow. Final Fantasy seven, where its like 1 million years and the future yet they are still using swords?! Dude, that is just freaking retarded ok.

How about, Rainbow six? What about Halo? What about Time splitters (at the least cause I admit that can be a homo sort of game)? Anything that involves MODERN COMBAT! Not the sword and RPG and 80's crap.

You guys are how old? If you are over the age of 12 and playing Mario vs. Luigi: the affair, than that is just SADNESS!

Oh my god. Wow. I mean I could understand if some of u are girls, that makes sense, but MEN? That are how old???? Just go play GTA. At least that will get some testosterone in you guy's system!
:bash:

Dude, they're just games. calm down. They were the best games around back in the 80s. GTA wasn't around then. if they were the last games on earth you'd be forced to play them. Just because they're some of the greatest platformeres around doesn't mean they're GAY!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Oh my God...Bloodrayne! I have the first one for Gamecube, that game rocked! It ticked me off though that the second one was for everything BUT Gamecube, so I never got to play it... =(

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
River City Ransom is probably the most fun I've had in a game, playing it with my friend too. I also wasted a good portion of my life playing Elite and Frontier and the most fun I've had in an RPG is with Chronotrigger.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Heads up#3: None of the systems make their own games.

THATS EXACTLY WHY WHEN I PUT IN MECHASSAULT IT SAYS IN BOLD LETTERS MICROSOFT GAME STUDIOS?

Xbox has the best games I have played. PS2 has no good ones that I like that wasn't on Xbox. The only games I liked on PS2 were ones that xbox and it shared.

Xbox is Microsoft, but they are the ONLY console with a DECENT online experience. If you compare PS2 online to Xbox Live you will see a BIG difference.

Xbox also has the best graphics (AND I HAVE COMPARED EM) but some people argue about it. I have played the same game on 3 different systems and the Xbox one was by far the best one.

I am not bragging to my friends about which games I play, but when I go over to their house to play some good multiplayer, they always have the crappiest multiplayer games. Mario Kart 1 2 3 and so on. Boring. That right there is called a no-plot game, which is what gamecube and nintendo are famous for. Look at how many crappy sequels nintendo has. They are all the same game.

Games on N64 were the only good nintendo games. Those were awesome. Goldeneye was sweet.

Games on the cube, suck. They like almost "downgraded" or something. The only game that is a good shooter that is ment for the cube is James Bond Nightfire. Even though its for all systems.

What I am trying to say, is, when was the last time the two systems (PS2 and gamecube) came out with a new series? They are just using old games and making sequels of them. Now I am not saying the xbox doesn't do that, but they do put a lot more creativity into the games that they make.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
These are the worst argument I've ever witnessed, you're worse than the people in the religion boards.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Really Old school computer game would be Noctropolis, Awesome game!

the second favorite would be Planescape:Torment awesome storyline, Awesome gameplay (for the time that is) awesome ending!!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
half life 2 all the way baby

yeah

its not the game that much, its the engine, i cant wait to start modding

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Personally I think that Unreal Tournament 2004 is the best game ever created. The new one, UT 2007, coming out later this year will be the best FPS to ever be created by any man... dead or alive!!

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
Personally I think that Unreal Tournament 2004 is the best game ever created. The new one, UT 2007, coming out later this year will be the best FPS to ever be created by any man... dead or alive!!

Haha I like the way the make fun of EA games by releasing them the year before.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
here's a REAL game....

You use 10 dice. roll them and get certian scores, for instance:
3 of a kind is 100 times the number on the dice (3 3's is 300)
exception: three ones is 1,000
more than three of a kind....double the score for each extra die (4 1's is 2,000, 5 1's is 4,000, etc.)
1,2,3,4,5,6 = 1,500.

OK, here's the kicker. You must have 2,000 points to start in the game. If you roll 3 ones in your first roll, keep the ones aside, score 1,000, and roll the remaining 7 dice. You must score on that roll, or you bust and get no points. A pair of any kind scores nothing. If you roll all the dice, and score on each roll, you collect the points and start again with the 10 dice. You must stop before busting or you lose all the points you have acquired.

Winner is first to 20,000, but when one wins, all the other players get one turn to beat the winner's score.

The coolest game in the world!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
the soul calibur series
devil may cry and devil may cry 3
resident evil 4
katamari damacy
KOTOR
Rome: Total War
Chess (oh yeah, oldschool)

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
There's many really, really good games out there, but I'm afraid in my opinion the best game of all time has to be Final Fantasy 7 on the Playstation: It has a brilliant storyline and the psycological stuff with Cloud (the main character) its just pure class!

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Best game for me:

Tetris=Gameboy
MarioBros=NES
NinjaTurtles=NES
Mortal Kombat=Super NES
Zelda link to the past=Super NES
Street Fighter 2=Super NES
Zelda=64
Golden Eye=64
Mario Kart=64
Soul Calibur2=Dreamcast
StarCraft=PC
DOOM=PC
WoW=PC
Halo=Xbox
Halo2=Xbox
GTA3=PS2
Tokyo Extreme=PS2

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth
These are the worst argument I've ever witnessed, you're worse than the people in the religion boards.

Dude, you are now my favorite member, seriously.

On the site GameFAQs.com, Final Fantasy 7 was voted by members to be the best game of all time. I figure I'd just mention that. As for Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, I have it and I'm too slow to make it past the beggining (in other words, I've quit). Right now I'm playing 3 different games that I've gotten for Christmas

1) PoP Two Thrones (I'm making progress, very good so far)
2) Metal Arms Glitch in the System (hilarious in a very interesting way, this game looks and sounds like a childish game by the cover but right in the beggining you can tell its not)

Colonal Alloy: Did you fix him?
Krunk: Of course I ****en fixed him! It was a pain in the ****en (I forgot what he said after that) but ya I fixed him. His memory circuits are fried but his name unit still function, says his name is Gliiitch. As soon as I upload his memory bank he should be as good as ****en new

It's mostly censered but you can easily make out the words, I found out why it said "strong language" on the cover.

3) Zoids Battle Legends (this one is rather annoying, I got this for Christmas as well but it's not too bad)

Too bad I don't have the PS2, or else I'd be sticking to the Armored Core series, anyone here familiar with it?

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I don't have just one but I'll do my best to keep the list as short as possible.

Here I go, in no particular order, I type them as I remember them:

1) The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY (PC, XBOX)
2) World of Warcraft (PC)
3) Metal Gear Solid II: Sons of Liberty (PS2, XBOX)
4) Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil: Code Veronica (PS, GC, PC, PS2, DC)
5) Warcraft 3 (PC)
6) Starcraft (PC)
7) Final Fantasy 6, 7, and 8 (SNES, PC, PS)
8) The Legend of Zelda I, II, A Link to the Past (NES, SNES)
9) Star Wars Galaxies (PC)
10) Metroid, Super Metroid (NES, SNES)
11) Super Mario World (SNES)
12) Killer Instinct (ARCADE)
13) Street Fighter 2 - All Versions (ARCADE)
14) Mortal Kombat I and II (ARCADE)
15) Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Series (PC, PS2, GC, XBOX)
16) Sim City Series (PC)
17) DOOM I, II, III (PC)
18) Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC)
19) Grand Theft Auto Series (PC, PS2, XBOX)
20) Quake (PC)
21) Parasite Eve I, and II (PS)
22) Galaga (ARCADE)
23) Ghosts and Goblins (ARCADE)
24) Double Dragon (ARCADE)
25) Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)
26) F.E.A.R. (PC)
27) Goldeneye (N64)
28) Marvel vs. Capcom (ARCADE, DC, PS2)
29) Skies of Arcadia (DC, GC)
30) Grandia II (DC)
31) Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
32) Super Star Fox (SNES)
33) Contra, and Super Contra (NES, SNES)
34) Mike Tyson's Punch Out, and Super Punch Out (NES, SNES)

Hmm... well that's as far as I can recollect at the moment, im sure there's more though LOL!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I won't bother naming anything else except my ALL time fav game.

Final Fantasy VII - PSOne

If you haven't played this game....well....then...PLAY IT NOW!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acekwak
Too bad I don't have the PS2, or else I'd be sticking to the Armored Core series, anyone here familiar with it?

Ya, I've played AC3 a few times and I like it.

N64- Zelda, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark
PS2- All of the GTA series, All of the Hitman series, and GT3 and 4,
Xbox- Halo
PC- WoW, D2, and any of the AOE's

ConspiracyTheorist- The PS2 was aroud before the X- Box, so of course there going to have more games and thus more sequals. If they have a big hit such as Grand Theft Auto 3 they would be stupid not to make Vice City which had imporvements in graphics and content. I'll admit Nitendo has gone down it game quality, but I'd bet the PS3 and Revolution won't be released until they're ready, unlike the 360 with numerous reported problems.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Charlie Murphy]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Anyone enjoy the LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth as much as I did. Loved that one, still play it now. I love RTS games, and BFME is my all time fav in the genre.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sexymon
You use 10 dice. roll them and get certian scores, for instance:
3 of a kind is 100 times the number on the dice (3 3's is 300)
exception: three ones is 1,000
more than three of a kind....double the score for each extra die (4 1's is 2,000, 5 1's is 4,000, etc.)
1,2,3,4,5,6 = 1,500.

10 die?!? Wow, we play with 6, and we call the game zilch! Only we play you get 100 for a 1, 50 for a 5, and only 750 for a straight. Everything else is the same tho!!

BTW Here's another for the FALLOUT crowd! Fallout 3 is being developed, but Interplay has help onto the rights for online play (can we say MMORPG Fallout?).

Otherwise, I'm you typical Halo 2 B.A.M.F. ("see, I shortened it" -Dane Cook is one funny guy)

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
San Andreas
The Warriors
Silent hill 2
Silent hill 4

well right now those are my favorites.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join