It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Home Theater

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
So we just got this new home theater with surround sound. Now the sound works but the problem is that the red has been like replaced with a greenish yellow. We checked the wires severaltimes so what is your opinion as to whats wrong?

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Just a thought...

Could possibly be that the speakers (Left, Right and/or Center) are not magnetically shielded. If they are not properly shielded, and are positioned within close proximity to your TV/Monitor, they can have a rather adverse affect on the screen.

You can easily determine if this is the cause by simply moving the speaker(s) away from, and then closer to, the TV/Monitor.

Anyway ... just a thought and I hope this helps.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
From
www.projectorcentral.com...

If you have component video output on your DVD player and your TV or projector can take that signal, use it. DVD players with this output usually have three RCA jacks which are color-coded green, blue, and red. They are labeled either Y, B-Y, R-Y, or alternatively Y, Pb, Pr, or Y, Cb, Cr. For practical purposes they are all the same thing. If your television or projector also has the same three RCA jacks, just connect them with a three-wire component video cable making sure the colors match up on both ends (or you can use three standard composite video cables to do the same thing).

There is a realy good chance your red cable is faulty.
THey can be labeled two different ways.
As a test I would swap one of the other component cables with the red.
The see if red gets processed. Thats the cheap fix.

It could still be an output problem from the device, or input at the tv.
Moving those cables will give you a good idea .

Thirdly..and most importantly..YOu may need to have your video source running, then turn on the TV..sometimes it won't pick up one of the component colors...

I have been through this..

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Thanks guys.
I checked the magnetic shields and theyre on.
I switched the wires yet nothing happened. doubt its the wire because we recycled them from the old dvd player which worked fine.
I think its probably something fundamentaly wrong with the machine. atleast thats what the guys at insignia say.
So I will trek to best buy and return the machine for a new one. Hopefully that one will work

Frankly I just want to take a bat to it. But then I couldnt get a new one

Thanks anyway

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well, good luck to you..
I seem to re-wire mine about once a month..
I have so many options from reciever to TV...
But the cables are very expensive, and the god ones DO
make a difference. especially copper, versus, optical..

I'm due fro a rewire soon...I'm obsessed with the best pic, and sound possible..
SO I need a few more cables..

What kind of system do you have?

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well its fixed, the insignia 5disc changer hometheater. I got a new one which was still wacky. But the problem seems to be solved by using the dinky yellow av cable instead of the expensive video cables. The picture quality is the same as the $10 DVD player I had before with the good $80 cables. But with the new 80$ home theater the little dinky av cables seem to be better. no green tinge ya know

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
RIght, that makes sense..

I had a similar problem decoding one of the component video channels too..
and switched to plain old yellow RCA jacks....But then later it just started working.
I guess there is a problem syncing up the 3 channels sometimes...

BTW...I was born, n raised in Maryland..

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I experienced the magnet problem earlier today. The top right of my TV was completely screwed. It was so dis-coloured. I eventually fixed it though by putting a speaker on top of my TV for a while and then quickly moving it away so the colour came back. Dunno if it damaged it but it's as good as new.

I love my new hi-fi/home cinema. The subwoofers are incredible. £650 well spent I'd say. I also put my PS2 and XBOX through the hi-fi/home cinema, too. It sounds so effing good!

P.S
NEVER put a subwoofer near your TV. VEEEERY bad thing to do.

EDIT: I was just thinking, is it actually safe to put a center speaker on top of the TV?!

[edit on 15-1-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
... I was just thinking, is it actually safe to put a center speaker on top of the TV?!
[edit on 15-1-2006 by xeroxed88]

Virtually all "center-channel" speakers in surround sound systems are "magnetically shielded" to prevent interference with your TV, Monitor, etc.

:shk: Sadly, from my experience, some are shielded better than others.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yeah don't put subs near your computer either... they aren't magnetically shielded. Luckilly I didn't learn that from experience I actually read the manual and put mine 2 feet away from my computer.

top topics

join