It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Significance Of Moods Posted On Mini-Profiles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I don't know about anyone else, but when I am reading a post, especially one that I find either interesting, informative, or just a good read, something in there often makes me wonder about the person behind the post. I admit, I don't often take the time to check on their whole profile, but I do read the things that are immediately visible.

Such as: how long they have been a member, if they are currently on ATS, location - do they put a physical place like a country, state or city? Or do they put an abstract place (like I often do, such as "somewhere in time".) I have noticed that many, including myself, tend to change at least one thing more often than not. And that is their "mood".

Sometimes, I see in a few people's mood, answers such as "suicidal", or "I am not O.K." or "depressed", and I don't know if they are just trying to get attention and don't really feel that way? Or if they really do feel that way at the time, but have no intentions on ever acting on it, or is it a true cry for help? One that I just read a while ago, was "suicidal" I don't think I have seen one that blatant. It worried me to the point of making this post.

If the suicical person is reading this, you know who you are. If someone like an administrator, or a person with a genuine "need to know" needs to know who this is, U2U me & I will tell you.

Perhaps, and hopefully I am making too much out of this, however, the memory of the fact that we did have a seriously disturbed person, "Weiss" right here on our board, and he ended up.......well, we all know what happened to him.

What do you guys think of the importance that should be placed on what a person describes their mood to be?

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
awareness is essential to the logically deductive reasoning skills associated with analytical judgments. these things are relevant only if you can bore truth in concurance with reality. to make a bolder attemp at realization, will garnish wholesomely adept qualities of interaction among normal ole folk.

merry christmass
everybody

join