It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadowy Figure

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
As you may have noticed (by doing a search), I have posted on here several times about seeing shadowy figures out of the corner of my eye.

Lastnight, at 6:47 p.m. EST (yes I wrote it down), I was walking into my kitchen when I noticed a shadow like figure pass through the last 3 or 4 slots (between the wooden beams) of my staircase leading upstairs.

I'll try to get a picture of the area on here so you'll have a better idea.

I'm convinced that something is in my house, obviously it isn't bad or I'd have had bad experiences by now.

Just as a little side note, I'm not frightened by this at all, I find it quite interesting. Just thought I'd share my little ghost story with you.

[edit on 12/24/2005 by JBurns]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What you are describing sounds alot like the shadow people phenomenon...

Most accounts of shadow people describe them as black humanoid silhouettes, lacking mouths or eyes, although they are sometimes reported to have red eyes. They are generally described as lacking mass, although their specific nature varies from two-dimensional (like a shadow) to
vaporous or distorted.

Observers of shadow people most commonly report that the forms appear at the edge of their field of vision, and that they disintegrate or move into walls when noticed, usually within a split second. However, many also report shadow people appearing in the center of their vision, appearing very close to them, or remaining for several seconds before disappearing. Some individuals have described being menaced, chased, or (more rarely) attacked, by shadow people.

Wikipedia article

Hope that helps...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
as support to the wikipedia quote, i've heard such things refered to as "Dark Man", and he seemed to be regarded as a watcher, maybe protector of sorts, but i've never heard of one being threatening...

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I've encountered something like this myself. I woke up the other night and was walking to the kitchen, the lights were off, and I saw a extremely dark shape moving left to right on the floor. I assumed it was one of my cats, so I didn't really think anything of it. I stopped and looked at it, called my cats name, it continued to move this time slightly away from me.

I was standing still at the time and this was in a hallway with no windows, so I know it wasn't my own shadow or anything like that. When I reached out to 'pet' my cat, my hand went right through it. It continued to shift back and forth like a cat sitting on it's haunches. A bit disturbed at this point, I got up and turned on the light, yet I could not find any trace of the thing afterwards. At the time this didn't bother me to much, but now as I type it, I'm finding myself increasingly creeped out by it. This just happened about 3 days ago...

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
hey

Have any of you tried to comunicate with these shadows?

Mabye you should turn the light on next time...
j/k lol

wyatt43

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wyatt43
hey

Have any of you tried to comunicate with these shadows?

Mabye you should turn the light on next time...
j/k lol

wyatt43

Yeah, the worst part is now that I think about it, I swear I've noticed the thing before. As for turning on the light next time...try to explain to your fiancee` that you turned on the light and woke her up in order to catch some non-existant shadowy thing you saw on the floor. I some how think that conversation would not turn out well!

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
never explain, fatal error, tell her theres a mouse or somthing, that'll quiet her down.

about the shadow people, i've seen them all my life, but i've always put it down to the same effect that allows my mind to see a teddy bear in a cloud, could i be right or has this been explored previously?

[edit on 28-12-2005 by pieman]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
i've always put it down to the same effect that allows my mind to see a teddy bear in a cloud, could i be right or has this been explored previously?

[edit on 28-12-2005 by pieman]

Never thought of it like that before! That's very interesting - a rational explanation as well!

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Don't worry I believe yah, I see those shadow figures quite frequently now, at first I was whaoh, but now I'm meh...I've seen stuff from shadow people, birds, cats, spider, rat, and hog?

Shadow Figures are interesting beings....they seem to be able change shape and mold them to figure they see. From what I heard Shadow People, are basically another life form from a different dimension who accidently came into our dimension or out of curiousity visited our dimension. Our eyes have a difficult time see these beings because were not use to the frequency or something...

They aren't associated with evil....so that's good, but could make some people sick or feel ill.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thank you for the replies everyone, I haven't seen one of these since that night, and you're thoughts helped me peice together what this might be.

I suppose the best thing to do is keep watching, and I'll make sure to let everyone know what happens.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I have seen shadowy figures in the corner of my eyes many times, and I realized, they are nothing more than tiny teardrops located on my eyeball, as I blink or move my eyes. Because I can control these fast moving figures with eye movement, I know it's simply tearspray, pr could be dirt. But nothing paranormal. It is everyday issue for me, doesn't disturb me at all.

Anybody else however could be paranoid for certain reasons.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
teardrops? you know your eyes has a protected layer of liquid, to prevent any scratches and dust to actually screw up your visions. Wouldn't it be logically to think that your teardrops would just blend in with the protected layer since water + water = water; its basically made up of the same material, and surely enough its not water but close. Dirt or some sort of small object are usually irriatating, and when something irritates you, you seem to be aware of that.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by skyblueff0]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
teardrops? you know your eyes has a protected layer of liquid, to prevent any scratches and dust to actually screw up your visions. Wouldn't it be logically to think that your teardrops would just blend in with the protected layer since water + water = water; its basically made up of the same material, and surely enough its not water but close. Dirt or some sort of small object are usually irriatating, and when something irritates you, you seem to be aware of that.

I know whenever I look at a 'solid' color or out a window at the sky, I see little...for lack of a better term, 'bubbles' in my vision floating around. They go up and down and all around! They don't go away when I blink or anything, but I don't see them unless I'm looking for them. It's really odd, I've always figured it had something to do with the protective liquid over the eye itself though.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiveby5
I know whenever I look at a 'solid' color or out a window at the sky, I see little...for lack of a better term, 'bubbles' in my vision floating around. They go up and down and all around! They don't go away when I blink or anything, but I don't see them unless I'm looking for them. It's really odd, I've always figured it had something to do with the protective liquid over the eye itself though.

I know what you mean bud, and I think you are right about the protective liquid over the eyes, but I can explain the bubbles that move up and down. I really don't know but I always thought its blood cells, I think (I'm not sure if its true) but the protective layer over the eye, some how magnify what you see, I think the cornea or whatever sometimes refracts the lights, and so not all light are past through the cornea; the refracted light then probably hits the protected layer, which some how magnify the image of a blood vessel, and reflects back to the cornia, and the reason why they are moving up and down is because your always shifting your eyes.

Look at the blue arrows, those represent the light...that somehow cause you to see those circle.

I can't explain the other bubbles that floats around it a circular motion, I'm really fascinated by that, it is mysterious, and I'll just label tha as a "mystery" for now, but I like to think its something paranormal...it might be the case, it might not be the case.

mod edit to shorten quote

[edit on 29-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0

You could be right. But what I keep seeing many times, is like separate drops of liquid or condensation on my eyeball. As I move my eyes or see to a different position, it moves as well, in coordination. So it doesn't seem to me anything unusual, as I am controlling it with eyemovement. Whatever it is, like unfocused tiny srops. Imagine it on a camera lens, exactly the same.

That shadowy figure is not going to shapeshift for me, and it is not going to blow whistles in my ears. I guess, it is not a ghost.

So, as my eyes are warm, the surrounding wet air is cold, it is logical that condensation occurs on the wet surface of my eye. I guess so, dust can't be.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hammerman
You could be right. But what I keep seeing many times, is like separate drops of liquid or condensation on my eyeball. As I move my eyes or see to a different position, it moves as well, in coordination. So it doesn't seem to me anything unusual, as I am controlling it with eyemovement. Whatever it is, like unfocused tiny srops. Imagine it on a camera lens, exactly the same.

That shadowy figure is not going to shapeshift for me, and it is not going to blow whistles in my ears. I guess, it is not a ghost.

So, as my eyes are warm, the surrounding wet air is cold, it is logical that condensation occurs on the wet surface of my eye. I guess so, dust can't be.

I know whenever I am studying something for 'shape' I flex a muscle (not sure what else to call it?) in my eyes. This does not seem to be something my friends can do, because when I explained it to them they were puzzled. What effectively occurs is my eyes immediately drop focus on anything and I can take in only 'shapes' and no details. This same 'flexing' causes those stereoscopic pictures to pop out automatically without any effort or 'crossing of eyes' on my part. I've used it in paintball on multiple occassions to spot people in camo, they just leap out at me when I do this.

Now, the really odd thing is, if I over 'flex' whatever it is I am utilizing...it causes my pupils to shake rapidly, this is how I showed it to my friends to prove what I was doing. At first they didn't believe me, then I showed them my pupils shaking and they immediately asked me to stop. Something about it really bothered them...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiveby5
Now, the really odd thing is, if I over 'flex' whatever it is I am utilizing...it causes my pupils to shake rapidly, this is how I showed it to my friends to prove what I was doing. At first they didn't believe me, then I showed them my pupils shaking and they immediately asked me to stop. Something about it really bothered them...

I can shake my pupils as wll , people love it when I am doing it. But nothing unusual about it, I can see moving objects more clearly. Doesn't mean, shaking pupils is healthy to do.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hammerman

I can shake my pupils as wll , people love it when I am doing it. But nothing unusual about it, I can see moving objects more clearly. Doesn't mean, shaking pupils is healthy to do.

Well it's nice to know I'm not alone in that aspect of things! What do you mean by it's not healthy to do though? I've never even experienced a headache from using it and it's almost become a daily thing at this point, I find it gives me a clearer 'feel' for what I'm looking at.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well, I didn't have trouble of it so far, ppl told me not to do it because my eyes can have problem of it.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hey Hammerman

Sorry to go off topic, but the things you are seeing I see too. It has been explained to me as the natural 'sloughing off' of cells at the back of your retina - so you see the debris. It's perfectly normal - although some people get it to excess. Will go and hunt for a link.

Cheers TD

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join