It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: "The Indigo Revolution" to debut at World Indigo Weekend

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Their parents claim they have special, prescient powers and an indigo aura. Debunkers claim they are spoiled, coddled brats. Everyone agrees they have a temper. Say hello to the "Indigo Children".

www.fortwayne.com
Indigo advocates believe that many children born after 1975 possess an Indigo-color aura around them and unique almost supernatural traits. To the rest of the world, these kids may appear to be unruly and their parents may have gone overboard in the coddling of their children. Indigo kids bristle at authority and have little patience. Their advocates say they act like royalty and have no guilt. Simple acts, like waiting in lines, drive them crazy. Their parents are sure they can see the future and talk to angels.

In January, the documentary "The Indigo Evolution" will premiere around the world, coinciding with the World Indigo weekend beginning Jan. 27.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have been told, on this site, that I may be an Indigo Child. But I'm disqualified, apparently, because I was born in the 60's (and proud of it!).

With all the war and violence and hunger and disease so prevalent in our world today, perhaps it is time for a new breed of human being to come along and show us how to set things right.

We all need a little divine inspiration at times, don't we?

If they can talk to angels, why not the Angel of the Lord?

[edit on 12/26/05 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
To be quite honest, the traits described as those of the "Indigo Children" are pretty much the same, across the board, for everyone under 30. The reason that they are more open to spirituality and psychic ability, and the reason they're angry with the state of the world is simple: look at their parents. The older members of the under 30 crowd are the children of hippies and those that suffered through the hell that was Vietnam. That era of American history (and world history for that matter) changed a lot of people's views on the world, and these changed views have been passed on and reinforced in their children. The younger members of the "Indigo Children" generations are the children of those that are the older members of that generation, and as such, the new world views are once again passed along, and further reinforced.

I am 30 years old, born in 1975. I possess many of the typical "Indigo Child" traits, and yet am I an indigo child? Nah. I'm just me. In my opinion, lumping everyone who shows the slightest anger at the world, and the slightest psychic ability into a single group is simply asking for a lack of diversity in the world, and diversity and individuality is one of the finest things about being human. Diversity can cause problems, but it can solve just as many. Diversity means having different perspectives, a combination of which, along with an open mind, can create far more effective solutions to problems than simply a bunch of people, thinking the same.

On top of all of this, coddling children and making them feel like they're a god is only going to cause them problems when they hit the real world, and nobody else thinks they're a god. The world just doesn't work that way. People can only get ahead in the world with good, old-fashioned work. Everyone has dues to pay, and only when they've paid their dues will the succeed. Teaching a child that they're a form of god is only going to teach the child that they don't have to bother with paying their dues to life, and thus creates a recipie for failure.

These children aren't magical. They're just kids, and products of their parents and the world around them. They should be aware of this.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Are these children being taught that they are a form of god? That would be destructive for them, imo. It isn't stated anywhere in the article that this is so. A strong work ethic is a crucial part of a successful skill set, and I hope that would be part of the instruction all children are given.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Why is it, that whenever someone claims they or someone has special powers they immediately put a price on things?

She charges anywhere from $15 for a meditation class to up to $400 for Rainbow Touch workshops that explore healing and energy among other things.

Source

It is because of people making money off the issue that I am very skeptical about it and think it might just be another money making scam.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Why is it, that whenever someone claims they or someone has special powers they immediately put a price on things?

She charges anywhere from $15 for a meditation class to up to $400 for Rainbow Touch workshops that explore healing and energy among other things.

Source

It is because of people making money off the issue that I am very skeptical about it and think it might just be another money making scam.

Yes i agree with you 100% on this. If we are supose to be entering an age of enlightment, why do all the information have prices on it. We by our birth right should have this information for free.

Zintac

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
All of this INDIGO CHILDREN and STAR CHILDREN stuff is totally bogus. I was born in 1987...guess i'm an indigo kid! YES! Not really. I, too, exhibit all of these so called "traits" of the indigo's, which have been meticulously explained in other Indigo threads here. But you know what my opinion is on it? These people that say they are "indigo's" are just trying to fit in and be a part of something. They want to feel special and like there is a reason for some of there shortcomings and feelings of lonliness---feelings EVERY person who has ever lived has felt.

The next evolutionary step for humans or more "profitable" new age garbage? I feel it's the latter...

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
yeah well I was born in 1983.

going to school and mixing with people my own age in my year level, and below, and above and I tell ya something. I dont know anyone who would appear to be an Indigo child. at all.

sure some get grumpy, cranky, but thats human nature.

Though what I thought the actual indigo children were are children who have an indigo aura, who for instance, you give them a maths exam for instance on something they havn't even learnt yet that is way above their league and they shouldn't, they will answer all questions correctly, etc.

These kids are meant to be spiritual, psychic, etc.

Hell i get pissed off for standing in a queue and waiting? Walk away from the queue? most of the time. Stuffed if i'm gunna stand waitin in a long queue and waste my time when i could come back later.

indigo kid? nah way

[edit on 24-12-2005 by DaRAGE]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Anythiing is possible in my paradigm... Having said that, I also hearken back to that great purveyor of claptrapocity, P. T. Barnum, "There's a sucker born every minute"...

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
As usual, people ridicule or dismiss what they don't attempt to understand. Why? It says more about the individuals making these posts than it does about the children in question.

It is the parents that are trying to capitalize on the perceived gifted attributes of their children. After all, that is the American way, isn't it?

Open your minds and hearts. Try inquiring and accepting instead of ridiculing and dismissing. You might actually learn a thing or two along the way.

Happy Holidays and God bless you all.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468
To be quite honest, the traits described as those of the "Indigo Children" are pretty much the same, across the board, for everyone under 30.

And flocks of people over 30. I speak from experience, here....

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Are these children being taught that they are a form of god? That would be destructive for them, imo. It isn't stated anywhere in the article that this is so. A strong work ethic is a crucial part of a successful skill set, and I hope that would be part of the instruction all children are given.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Icarus Rising]

It doesn't actually use the term "god" in the article, but it does talk about how special these kids are made to feel by coddling parents. To a child, that can quickly and easily turn into a god complex. Age 5: "I'm really special - my mommy tells me so." Age 10: "My parents tell me I have special powers that nobody else has." Age 15: "Screw you. I'm better than you, and don't need to listen to you." Age 20: "I'm gonna do what I want, when I want, and not you, nor anyone else is going to tell me what to do. I don't need this @%!@$#@!!" Age 25: Unemployed, because nobody wants to hire a spoiled little brat like this kid. "Nobody understands me. I'm better than everyone else."

No matter how special these parents think their kids are, the kids need to learn about real life, and how to relate to other people. These kids aren't going to be "special" forever. Anything less pretty much ensures that the world at large is going to chew them up and spit them out. We all know the world isn't a friendly place, and you have to have certain social skills just to survive these days. Be angry at the world all you want, but you better be fully prepared to swallow your pride every now and then if you want to get ahead.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I agree with Byrd, I was born in 66 and possess all the traits.. but I'm a non conformist and dont like being lumped together with social sub sets. I like to think i am an individual and that just as everyones fingerprints are different, so are each and every person personality wise

and for once I agree with Shots, I do wonder at times of the commerical side regarding people making money out of it and off these children

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Indigo kids bristle at authority and have little patience. Their advocates say they act like royalty and have no guilt. Simple acts, like waiting in lines, drive them crazy. Their parents are sure they can see the future and talk to angels.

In all honesty if a child were special to the point that they are communicating with angels, I would hardly expect it to result in this type of behavior. If they are suppossedly a newer more enlightened generation being brought forth for the future of mankind, I would in fact expect characteristics entirely opposite. Right there is the crux of the problem with this entire concept.

The parents are not doing these children any favors allowing this behavior in the belief they are somehow more special than the rest of mankind, and the repercussions should be alarming to anyone with a head on their shoulders. Why don't we just raise an entire generation of little tyrants and then sit back and let them fix everything?

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
they should be called nintendo children, the game has had hindering effects on the social progression, and work ethics alike. instant gratifacation if you can collect the stars on the game. though the real life is much more mundane and meticulous in nature.

i also suspect the games give phycic powers. or mabye its those hundreds upon hundreds of hours spent in isolation that causes a accumulative effect in physco magnetic resposes accosiated with telepathy.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I tend to agree somewhat about the nintendo, I have noticed a change in my children since they got a game boy each, they play it for hours on end and have been getting tempermental in other ways to. I dont know what effect the singular purpose and concentration have on children but its not good...

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

As usual, people ridicule or dismiss what they don't attempt to understand. Why? It says more about the individuals making these posts than it does about the children in question.

You presume to assume and that is dangerous, as it leads to many missed assumptions. In other words, particularly regarding this thread and situation you come off as flat wrong.

Is this one of the descriptors of an indigo child?

Open your minds and hearts. Try inquiring and accepting instead of ridiculing and dismissing. You might actually learn a thing or two along the way.

I am not too terribly reassured when someone wants me to open my mnd and heart to the truth of a person who is egotistical, self-centered, manic, demanding, delusional, and a possible host of other traits that could be considered negative, but only in the good sense...

Happy Holidays and God bless you all.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
they are special, all of the kids are special.....they will build the future that we only can imagine. they are more inclined to be psychic, all children are more inclined to be psychic, untill of course society teaches them how to turn it off. they have untapped potential, we all have untapped potential that wastes away inside of us, it is seldom needed in our every day life, so it is seldom used...

take away the selective, "my kid's special, your's isn't", the pricetag, and well, place within a little more lessons in self discipline, we could actually be teaching our kids something valuable, and utilizing their potential more in the years to come.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

In other words, particularly regarding this thread and situation you come off as flat wrong.

You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to mine. Remember, all it is is an opinion. You are no more the bearer of God's honest truth than I am.

I am not too terribly reassured when someone wants me to open my mnd and heart to the truth of a person who is egotistical, self-centered, manic, demanding, delusional,

This statement is indicative of a closed mind that has all the attributes it is trying to project on others.

Peace to you, sigung86. Your diatribe doesn't impress me in the least.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
dawnstar,

What a great post. I've realized I would much rather respond to positive posts like yours than the other kind. What an inspired, uplifting sentiment. The challenge now is to help our children realize their full potential without them getting shut down by the system.

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   

This statement is indicative of a closed mind that has all the attributes it is trying to project on others.

Peace to you, sigung86. Your diatribe doesn't impress me in the least.

Gee Icarus... That was all really deep, introspective and indicative of a new level of insight and wisdom ...

Seems like, unless you are a normal mortal, like the rest of us non-Indigos, that you are, perhaps, as manipulatable, and prone to being irritated with folks who think this kind of stuff is twaddle, as anyone.

My apologies for ruffling your feathers, but I would like to fall back to a little different, less offensive position.

My observations are not indicative of a closed mind. They happen to be indicative of a questioning, and observing mind.

If you were an Indigo Child, and if you were different, then in some way your reactions and handling of pressure, dissidence, and other blocks on your path would be different.

Unfortunately, your method of reaction was much the same as another member of the board that I haven't run into in a long while, Indigo Child. When confronted with questions or an attitude of scepticism, he too became petulent and defensive, and a little more than mildly offensive to questioning pilgrims.

The problem with that type of reaction is that it goes against what you are asking me to accept as a reality, within my reality. In other words, if you claim to be an orange, but keep reacting like an apple, then I have to surmise that you, in fact, are an apple.

To accept anything simply on the say so of someone else as a verity is simply silly. The Bible, and I'm not a religious freak, says to constantly test the spirits. Robert Anton Wilson says that you should continually test and question. Even Sherlock Holmes said that when you strip everything down to it's lowest common denominator, whatever remains, no matter how outrageous, must be the truth.

You may have heard of the bed of Procustes? The reason I ask after Procustes, is that opening one's mind to possibilities, doesn't necessarily mean that they are going to get the same conclusions that you do, to any given model. And you would, so it seems, have me lie on the bed of Procustes, chained there, while you cut off the parts of me that overlap, until such a time as, after a suitable amount of bloody surgery, I fit the bed.

Insofar as impressing you, that was not, nor is not now, my intent ... I quit trying to impress anyone years ago. And to rather desire to answer posts that are sympathetic only to your posted thoughts and beliefs is to do yourself, nor anyone else, any great service. Neither does it do anything positive in forwarding your cause or belief system.

If you want people to buy into, or get on board with this Indigo Child thing, then it is you, and not I, who must prove that there is a cause celebre ... Something to hang our hats on that is different from what we already have, and is not something to simply pull more money our of our wallets, faith from our hearts, or incredulity from our minds. There's enough twaddle out there, as it is.

I wouldn't actually mind if you proved me wrong. I like impossible things. I work awfully hard, most of the time, to find things like this to put some belief in. Lord knows that what is out there now, for the most part, is inadequate. That work includes testing the spirits, keeping my hands on my wallet, looking for the differences that do, in fact, make the difference. So far, I haven't seen any differences that are compelling.

Peace to you as well.

[edit on 26-12-2005 by sigung86] Seems that my typing skills don't improve with age.

[edit on 26-12-2005 by sigung86]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join