It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Their Point of View

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
How do you think ET's view us? A threat,The valubale recourses on our Earth,A lower life form,Themselfs millions of years in the past or A species that they protect from more hostile ET's?

mod edit: title clarity

[edit on 24-12-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Whatever they think of us, they are definitley intelligent. The proof is that they are not contacting us.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cynic
Whatever they think of us, they are definitley intelligent. The proof is that they are not contacting us.

haha, true!

i reckon they just see us as just lesser unintelligent beings

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by voodoo child

Originally posted by Cynic

haha, true!

i reckon they just see us as just lesser unintelligent beings

Definately. And possible they also think humans a disease to out planet.

Yuriko

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think the enlightened ones think of us as not yet fully aware that we create our our surroundings, and that we are children in a big universe. Not as a threat, but people who haven't woken up yet.
When we are ready, they will come.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The ET's probably see us as a comedy/reality show. They just watch us and laugh.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think "aliens" would view us like honey bees view june bugs.

I think any being out cruising the local star systems would be on the lookout for anything

that could be exploited for its benefit. Discovering another planet capable of sustaining

your own kind would be a good find. If that planet contained life forms that might prove

harmful or hostile to its prospective new hosts, I suppose the prudent course of action

would be to gather samples of the afore mentioned nuisances and find a way to control

them (for the sake of exploitation). If such efforts of control proved to be too costly or

time consuming, development of a system to eradicate all or at least enough of them to

allow control of the remainder, without inflicting any undue harm on the benign life forms

indigenous to the new world, would be the next course of action. Again, gathering samples

and generating specific diseases via genetic engineering, that would take out the specified targets.

Nothing personal, just business.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Some aliens/interdimensional beings view us as ranchers view their cattle in a pin. The cattle never even realize the cattle truck is coming to take them to the slaughter house!

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
coersion of the mind

these beings want nothing more then to help humanity and its naturallistic instincts of survival. they want us to become aware, atone for our lost dimensional perception and stride hither to upon the great hope of resiliance for the universe. they want to help with our science just as we offer help towards theirs. what mostly concerns them is that we are safe, and that we get fair respects through out the universe. this is a big planet, hectic one at that. violence in any mannerism is understandable, through the drive for power we become lost in our motives and blindly will evil to come into our fruition.

peace

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
coersion of the mind

these beings want nothing more then to help humanity and its naturallistic instincts of survival. they want us to become aware, atone for our lost dimensional perception and stride hither to upon the great hope of resiliance for the universe. they want to help with our science just as we offer help towards theirs. what mostly concerns them is that we are safe, and that we get fair respects through out the universe. this is a big planet, hectic one at that. violence in any mannerism is understandable, through the drive for power we become lost in our motives and blindly will evil to come into our fruition.

peace

AMEN to that Sturod84!!!!! My thoughts exactly!!

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Being intelligent beings that they are, i think its only to correct to assume that they aknowledge that humans are also intelligent, thereby eliminating the concept that they view us as mere "cattle or a disease."
I agree with sturod84 in that they most likely do not want to interfere with our natural evolution until we reach a point where we are ready to fully accept contact with an alien race.
So, i believe they see us for what we are. A rather primitive lifeform struggling to survive.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
how do we view animals? i think that is how we view aleins.

we most likely act like animals compared to them, or we are just begining to get out of the animals stage. i think we are finally getting a little repect in their minds considering how much technology we are now creating.but before 60 years ago or so, i'd say they considered us how we consider animals.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I would think that Aliens view us as a science project. More or less they see the end result of a failed genetic strain built on destruction and creation. Harvesting us our gene's egg's creation of hybrids ect... can they create a more better race suited for evolution on a planet. All it takes is finding a planet and replanting the project and learning fromt here. So basicly they are learning from us, our history. They have been around probably since we were animals still trying to grasp the concept of fire. They truely know our history and were we came from. Trying to believe in a higher being would be irrelivent when we can't even follow his teachings.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I believe that the concept of alien life not intervening on earth (publicly knowing that is) is similar that to the prime directive to that of Star Trek. Humans have to overcome their own victimisation and once that has occured, the public will have communication with alien species. The aliens do not want to interfere with people of earth unless it strictly involves them or they have their own agenda. They are not here to help us thats for sure.!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Some aliens/interdimensional beings view us as ranchers view their cattle in a pin. The cattle never even realize the cattle truck is coming to take them to the slaughter house!

Merry Christmas!

Thats a scary one

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Intelligence recognizes intelligence. Doesn't mean that they can nessisarily communicate, or even should. An advanced spacegoing civilization travelling through the universe is looking for something, be it resources of somesort, or even companions for the trip through the abyss that is space. How they will/are viewing us will be colored by that search. We could be the local galactic equivelent of a DQ order of fries, or a good luck charm, or something we aren't capable of understanding at all. We cannot know until such time as communications are established. Personally, I hope that they are at least somewhat friendly

new topics

top topics

join