It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D-Rep Releases Potentially 'Lethal' Impeachment Doc

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
This should be interesting, If it goes anywhere.

D-Rep Releases Potentially 'Lethal' Impeachment Doc

Democratic Congressman Releases Potentially 'Lethal Document' That Could Lead To Bush Impeachment Next Year

Rep. John Conyers (D-Mi) is tired of the Bush arrogance and flaunting of federal law concerning the Iraq War and other matters. Friday he released a document called "The Constitution in Crisis," seeking a Congressional Resolution to again investigate Bush's possible impeachment.

By Greg Szymanski
12-24-5

Snip ~~

In the lengthy report submitted to Congress and being distributed widely across America for citizens signatures, Sen. Conyers said he took this drastic action to “save the country” after President Bush arrogantly refused to respond to a letter submitted by 122 members of Congress and more than 500,000 Americans last July, asking him whether information in the infamous Downing Street Memo, alleging doctoring of WMD intelligence, was accurate.

~~

“There is prima facie case that these actions by the President, Vice President and other members of the Bush administration violated a number of federal laws, including committing a fraud against the U.S.; making false statements to Congress; violating the War Powers Resolution; misuse of government funds; violating international treaties prohibiting torture; violating federal laws concerning retaliating against witnesses and other individuals and violating federal laws concerning leaking and other misuse of intelligence.”

Since Bush failed to acknowledge the letter,

www.arcticbeacon.com...

The thing that bothers me about this clan is (IMHO) that they will use a terrorist attack on there own people again.
They are running out of time. Bush must be on the verge of reverting to marshal law, what with that new laws in Ohio and Florida as well.

MSNBC

BUSH LIED

[edit on 24/12/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Sauron, First of all Merry Christmas.

Secondly, can you tell by the lack of response that nobody cares? The trend is to let things slide, and we are crazy. You and me and a few others.

I appreciate all your info., Lately, i've taken a beating here for posting anything detrimental about "you know who".

It is as it is. Like it or not. We are the missinformed.

Maybe we should convert.

Can we do that?

All the best to you, DG

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I almost posted something related to this last week, but didn't when I couldn't find much being said about this elsewhere and I wanted to be sure that it was true.

It seems that a motion to censure Bush and Cheney was introduced in the House last week.

Introduced by John Conyers, for providing misleading information to Congress in advance of the Iraq war, failing to respond to written questions and potential violations of international law.

To view the resolution to create investigative body to determine if offenses are impeachable:

rawstory.com...

The resolution to censure President George W. Bush:

rawstory.com...

And, the resolution to censure Vice President Dick Cheney:

rawstory.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You have one advantage over me. At least no one has posted anything insulting to you.

They get ME everytime.

You have to have a very thick skin to hang around here. I know.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Thanks for posting the PDF's Jadette;

I am going to add two links to make it more balanced, one from FOX and one from CNN

Fox Report: Domestic Spying Had Wide Coverage

And from CNN Domestic spying widespread

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
You have one advantage over me. At least no one has posted anything insulting to you.

They get ME every time.

You have to have a very thick skin to hang around here. I know.

Ha Ha dgtempe so true,
The Bush Cabal will spin this every witch way but loose.
and a Merry Christmas to you as well

[edit on 24/12/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
What you people have to understand is . . . that Bush and his cronies have the power and money to keep everything just long enough in the front seat to make it look like is not hidden and then everything is push in the back burner.

The present administration knows how to play their wild card very well and as long as the moral majority supports them they have nothing to fear to the rest of the dissatisfy population, and in case something happen things are already put in place to stop any arguments.

Nice find sauron.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
John Conyers is the MAN. He makes me proud to be from MI.
Oprah in '08!

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hey Folks!

Here you have the Full 273 page long Report in pdf format:

"The Constitution in Crisis: The Downing Street Minutes and Deception, Manipulation, Torture, Retribution, and Coverups in the Iraq War."

And while I'm here I will do a little Advertising for related threads of mine:

Bush's Wartime Dictatorship

President of the United States a Liar?

Merry Christmas!

[edit on 24/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Good job, Sauron.

I've been thinking lately that it's about time Congress grew some... cajones. And it seems with several stories lately that that may actually be happening.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
First, it's nice to finally see a call for Bush's impeachment that's rooted in actual and potentially actionable crimes, since that's what's necessary for impeachment.

Is it because Congress has "grown some cajones?" No-- it's because opinion polls have led them to believe that it's the politically expedient thing to do.

Will it work? Not a chance.

Why not? If for no other reason than that the very people who most support Bush's impeachment have already pretty much destroyed the process through their slavish and partisan defense of Clinton.

Back when Clinton's impeachment hearings were in full swing, I posted to a forum essentially daily. The point that I kept coming back to then, and that is pertinent now is that we simply cannot claim that the president is above the law, and that to do so sets a frightening precedent.
Regardless of the background (the Republicans were out to get him, etc.), Clinton committed a felonious act, and that is a legitimate basis for impeachment. And, compared to Bush's actions, his felony was extremely straightforward and simple-- under oath, he was asked a specific question that was, according to the rules of evidence, entirely permissable and pertinent, and in response, he LIED. He straightforwardly and directly and with no equivocation LIED.
Lying under oath = perjury = felony = grounds for impeachment.
But his supporters couldn't accept it, and they tried every possible tactic to avoid having the existing law of the land apply to him. That was the thing I argued against then, and that was the thing that I predicted would come back around and bite us in the butt, and I now predict that it will.

Bush's crimes (and there's no doubt that he's committed them) are far more complex and vague than Clinton's simple, one word lie. That, in itself, is going to provide an enormous amount of room for his supporters to argue against the application of the law to him, and they will succeed. If people could, without the slightest trace of doubt, argue against impeachment for a simple, one word, perjurious statement, then they'll certainly argue against impeachment for something as enormously convoluted and vague as "misrepresenting intelligence," and they WILL succeed.

Like it or not, Clinton's supporters already established that the president doesn't have to be held to the same standards as everyone else-- that he should be above the law simply because some people support his policies or his person or whatever-- and that means that Bush will not-- CAN not-- be impeached. The entire process is too discredited to ever work. By all means, bring on the charges. He certainly did commit crimes, and if they can be specified in such a way as to support impeachment, that's great. But I sincerely doubt it will work, and I place the blame for that SQUARELY at the feet of Clinton's blind supporters. If we could only barely, and in the face of opposition that continues to this day, impeach a president for a straightforward and bald-faced and FELONIOUS lie under oath, then we certainly can't impeach one for the vague and complex, even if legitimate, crimes with which Bush might be charged.

I said then that this would happen-- I just didn't think it would happen so soon...

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Bob LaoTse]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I guess the congress knowing well that they are coming for re-election will do anything to keep hold of their seats.

Every knows Bush is not for re-election so hinting that he could be impeach will probably make followers happy, specially the Republicans that are not very satisfy and the Democrats that will love to see Bush impeached.

Every thing comes down to political game.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
If Bush does get impeached, what will happen to Cheney? He should be kicked out with Bush, the whole administration should. If Cheney becomes president he will probably create a huge attack so he could be president for ages and rape this country for all its worth.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
excellent info Sauron
Thank you

...and Bob I really hope you are wrong about Bush and Co. being untouchable... BUT you most likely are not!

Hopefully this can all come out into the light though and the public can see what has been misrepresented as the truth and maybe, just maybe we can all prevent it from happening again for heaven's sake!

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Honestly, I hope I'm wrong too, but I'm afraid that I'm right.

While Bush's wrongdoing might seem fairly obvious, the crimes of which he might be accused are relatively complex and subtle. That would make them a real challenge for the incredibly short American attention span, and would provide numerous opportunities for the powers-that-be to confuse the issue even further, and lead even more people to change the channel.

Unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Well what I see from reviewing this is nothing more than leftwing spin than actual evidence of impeachable crimes. I'm sure those of you blinded with hate for Bush will love to grasp this and run with it. It will, rightly so, lead to nowhere. The majority of America is getting fed up with the W bashing from the left wing fringe. Turns out folks get tired of negativism (especially lies, spin, and demogoguing). Why don't you see REAL democrat presidential candidates being very vocal these days in regard to the W bashing? On the other hand, it is kind of entertaining watching the left "step in it". Thankfully they spend all their time trying slander a guy who can't even run again than to put forth their own positive plan. If you think you can win elections, especially the White House, using a "Who cares what I'm for, I not the other guy" platform, you will be sorely disappointed.

That's ok, get excited about this drivel. Most leftist lead depressed lives. I'm sure one more let down won't hurt that much.

As far as Conyers goes, I dunno, his wife seems kinda saucey...
www.breitbart.com...

Happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas, Happy Festivus (for the rest of us)

[edit on 25-12-2005 by Apoc]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I struggle with your lashing out here, Apoc. Instead of bringing counter evidence to the page you attempt to discredit the posters here by labeling them as "leftist fringe" (is this what Rush L. has trained you to say?).
IMHO, what I think that you don't realize is that MOST of the people who are posting here are fed up with this present regime's demoralizing campaign of misinformation, but weren't keen on the misrepresentation of any other regime either (RED or BLUE)! It's about whether or not our leaders are being honest with us, because if we cannot trust them they should not be representing all of us. I was for the impeachment of Clinton because HE LIED. Whether it was inadvertently or not. Now why should it not be the same for this President? He, as the leader of the free world (as the moniker goes), is responsible for all of the information and decisions made, ESPECIALLY ones involving ACTS OF WAR! This cannot be refuted!What I think the American people are getting sick of is the denial of the blatant facts about what has happened to our country and it's ethics in the past 30+ years!

The motto of ATS is "Deny Ignorance"... you should try it sometime.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well I signed the letter Conyers took to the white house requesting an answer to the questions about the downing street memo but of course that was ignored. 500,000 signatures may sound like a lot but its just a drop in the bucket when you realize the population of the U.S.. The only thing going to save this country is for there to be enough signatures to get someones attention and for there to be enough of a public outcry to get the current administration out of office.
I also just signed a freedom of information act request for all the documentation to be released on the current domestic surveillance going on in this country. Its not much but its all I can do for now. I want to go to the next big protest if my health will allow it.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If you can stop hurling invective long enough--

The fact is that Bush misrepresented the intelligence on Iraq, and all indications are that he did so knowingly and specifically in order to advance the preconceived plan of invading Iraq. It's absolutely indisputable that the intelligence was misrepresented. Seriously. Yes, it can be claimed that the intelligence was simply "in error," but the problem with that claim is twofold-- the intelligence agencies in question ALREADY KNEW that it was not trustworthy, and the administration was informed of that, and there were other intelligence sources that were making other claims-- claims that later turned out to be true-- and which sources the administration completely disregarded.

They knew that the intelligence on which they were relying was problematic, and they knew that there were contrary reports, and they chose to ignore both of those facts. That means that even if the intelligence that they did rely on was honestly erroneous and was not doctored, they still had cause to believe that it was not accurate, but they chose to accept it AND to reject all other interpretations, and there can be no doubt that they did so specifically because the intelligence they used supported an invasion plan that existed long before Bush was even nominated, much less elected.

That is a serious issue, regardless of how you might feel about the Bush administration, or, apparently more to the point for you, how you might feel about those opposed to his administration. Is it an impeachable offense? I doubt it. Should it nonetheless be investigated? Absolutely. Does the fact that some-- SOME-- "extremists" latch onto it to support their ceaseless demands that he be impeached mean somehow that it should NOT be investigated? Of course not. You can't honestly be arguing that the fact that SOME people fail to assign an accurate degree of significance to this automatically means that it has NO significance. That's flatly ridiculous.

The fact is that, contrary to your assertion that they're "getting fed up with the W bashing," the majority of Americans at least have some serious questions and doubts about the actions of this administration. Depending on the poll, something around 60% of Americans-- not just of "the left wing fringe," but of ALL Americans, are not satisfied with the job that he's doing.

There is reason to believe that this administration has engaged in some relatively serious wrongdoing. This should be investigated. If he is vindicated, then he's lost nothing, nor have you. However, if it's found that he and/or his administration truly did knowingly misrepresent the intelligence, YOU still have lost nothing, and have in fact, much though it might temporarily upset your preconceptions, gained by the exposure of a significant threat that could well become, if allowed, a dangerous precedent. If it's found that the administration did KNOWINGLY misrepresent the intelligence, will you continue to argue that that's unimportant and that it's only the "left wing fringe" that has any cause to be concerned about that? What will you do then, when a Democrat next holds office and engages in the same sort of dishonesty, and is untouchable since it's already been established (by you) that the president may do as he pleases and anyone who criticizes him is to be disregarded as being of the "fringe?"

This is not a time for partisan bickering-- just as some on the left do us a disservice by trying to attach what might be too much significance to this, some on the right do us a disservice by trying to convince us that it has no significance at all.

Let the truth be known, whatever it might be. The truth can only harm those who lie.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
Well what I see from reviewing this is nothing more than leftwing spin than actual evidence of impeachable crimes.

Why is it always when reading this board there are always posts just like the above? "Gimme links, gimme proof, gimme evidence, gimme articles"...First of all the evidence has been documented so many times and iin so many ways on this site alone, to warrant impeachment of a criminal administration.
Secondly, what makes you (or anyone who is constantly spewing the obligatory requests for links as evidence) think that anything as sensitive as the ability to impeach the President of the US, all that documentation would be so openly available that any person who decides to perouse ATS would necessarily be privvy to it?

This whole debate has absolutely NOTHING to do with left OR right.... it has everything to do with our inability to lead by example. We cant preach a "Free Society" when we jam our version of freedom and liberty down a uninterested regions throat.
I know personally im not democrat OR republican and if I were, I would still see things for exactly what they are.
You, Apoc in your effort to discredit the "leftists" by proclaiming their GW hate mongering, succeeds in only one thing - postioning yourself completely to the right. So, and im sure we would all have to agree, that the extreme to either side is not capable of procuring any kind of "facts" at all, as well as it not being conducive to reasonable debate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join