It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monitoring of Muslims for Radiation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Just saw this story:

www.usnews.com...

"In search of a terrorist nuclear bomb, the federal government since 9/11 has run a far-reaching, top secret program to monitor radiation levels at over a hundred Muslim sites in the Washington, D.C., area, including mosques, homes, businesses, and warehouses"

Now this story is written as a leak account that questions the legality of this practice.
For discussion, do you think this would be a story that would hurt or harm the administration? I get the feeling that maybe some of his political enemies think this is another hit on W, but is it? Do you really care if homes of are monitored for radiation? Do you think most Americans would be for or against this?

My opinion is, go for it. I'm glad they are doing it. I believe from a purely political perspective it would be bad for dems to play this up as a bad thing. It might backfire on them. Especially in "red" states.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I love the title of this article.

Nuclear Monitoring of Muslims Done Without Search Warrants

I suppose it's wrong to make a search of someone's property without a warrant, but I personally don't have a problem with someone running through my front yard with a Geiger counter. I guess the line has to be drawn somewhere but this seems to be an odd place to do it.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
radiation can be detected from quite a distance, they dont need to enter your property for such a search so theres no legal need for any warrant.

[edit on 23-12-2005 by namehere]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
im just curious if the usa goverment knows something . why else would they search for radiation in so many usa cities. they know of some dirty plot against america i think they are trying desperately to prevent it.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Do some of you know how long portions of this nation have been monitored for radiation??? Do some of you have any idea of the stories they never announced to the general public from years ago before 9/11. What are some of you possibly thinking.

Also one poster was correct..they can monitor your property for radiation from quite a distance away ..depending on the type of radaition for which they are looking for traces.

This story is not news...at all..it is politics..you people should be smarter than this.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I read this story on Reuters and it was not only Muslim areas, they also don't need warrants because they can conduct the searches form public areas. They also monitored other places besides houses like parking lots, factories, and warehouses.

Radiation Monitoring

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
years ago...some people were coming into work into a area monitored for radiation. It was just before a shift change. When the on going shift begun to filter in the atmospheric radiation detectors went off triggering the audible alarms. People looked about in confusion until the radiation monitors made some semblance of order out of this momentary chaos. It was eventually discovered that radioactive contamination was on the soles of the shoes of the on coming shift. They suddenly realized that it was coming in from outside this shop. Surveys and scans were taken in the areas outside these shops and plenty of contamination was found.
They therefore went about town ..outside the controlled area of this plant and did surveys ...they found contamination on the public parks on the picnic tables, on roofs of houses, garages etc etc etc.
Then after awhile it was remembered that the Communist Chinese were doing above ground nuclear tests. The radioactive contamination was being caught up in the jet stream and traveling a round the world..to be deposited in this particular town. No doubt across this nation... Nothing to be done about it. You hardly hear this story outside these trades.
Nevertheless there are whole areas of this nation monitored for radiation and contamination....surveys are constantly taken 24/7. It is just done in a manner that most of the public never sees this taking place.
Since 9/11 this trend has only increased..in frequency and area of coverage. This is not new news. People in the trades know this. It is just not a concept the average American would ever think about. Why would you ...you have despirate housewives and ESPN to occupy you. You know..worthwhile stuff. Important stuff.

This news is politics..it is not new.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
That the gov't is doing its job. This makes more sense than looking down Granny Clampet's shirt at the airport.

If this offends anyone, consider the alternatives. Internment camps and/or deportation for all suspect groups, or the possibility of a city gone.

If you are wondering why your group is suspect- go get some sensitivity training. I don't hear many apologies for 911, nor do I see many olive branches offered to ease Americans legitimate fears.

Kudos for Bush on this one.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
What does this have to do with muslims? This is the only version of this story that singles them out. The CNN/MSNBC versions dont say anything about muslims.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Im with Chakotay on this one, better safe than sorry.

We're not gonna wait for another 9/11 with WMD in Manhattan and it seems like their able to do this survailance without kicking down doors or Mosques.

What really worries me is the fact the this is being reported openly.....with malace against our governments efforts to keep us safe. The NYT's and their Ilk should be locked up for treason.

If an American survailance program against Nazi infiltrators in America was reported openly in 1943...they editor of the newspaper woulda been hauled before a judge and locked up!!

Maximu§

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Why leak this now?
Why why why why why?

Why has the patriot act been extended for... 1 more month..
unless there's something specific about that month, why extend it for JUST that period?
Monitoring of radiation, who cares? why does the public need to know..

to me, its odd how all these lose ends are just coming to now.

I would of thought that its common friggen knowledge that the government would monitor for radiation.....

for the muslims are non mulsims whom are screaming out that they are being subjected to this constant terorrism.. well yeah... isnt it obvious why?

Muslims hit the Trade centre in 93, and again in 2001.. theyve publically stated they want to use these weapons against us.
What do you expect us to do?... NOT MONITOR muslims?

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Why leak this now?
Why why why why why?

Because the PATRIOT Act was being debated in the Senate, it no coincidence that the NSA story and this story both came out during the same period.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Maybe this is like Reagans star wars.Maybe Bush took a play out of Reagans playbook. If you can't check everywhere than let them think you are.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Id have to say they've been doing monitoring like this for a very long time. The fact that muslims are being monitored, well, it wouldnt suprise me if they were being targeted, and it shouldnt suprise you that even you are being monitored for radiation.

If you remember back, I believe the last report came out in 2000. There were radiation studies of every neighborhood of every city in the US, and the data was visually represented and correlated with the location of all Nuclear silos, Nuclear power plants, and toxic facilities (such as disposal, creation, etc.).
The report also noted cases of types of cancer and their locations, and correlated them to the above data. All in all what I learnt from it was quite shocking... I'll have to find it again.

Anyhow. These studies have to be taken with a grain of salt... the muslim studies could be being performed by just about anyone, for any reason.

top topics

join