It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the nightmare before christmas is real!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i just want to say how pissed off i am.
i live in a country where squatting is allowed, if you do it following rules. I was living in a place for now 3 and half years. There are rules to kick people out too and yesterday morning they were broken big time. The day before christmas eve the police arrived, with 30 of them, woke up everybody and gave us half an hour to get the # out. What the hell? Good morning!!! To kick people out they should have make a court-case against us or at least give us a warn...nothing...
we took everything we could and watch them breaking down our house with bulldozers.
I wonder how these people can sleep at night knowing they put people to the street in the winter like that, the day before christmas. How can they after that go sit with their families like if nothing had happened???
Days like today i try to believe as hard as i can in karma, and i wait that what went around comes around.
Merry christmas!

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
...If you're on the street, how are you posting on BTS?

-Chris

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Legend, most likely a public computer such as the ones most Libraries have.

mystika23, that really sucks I hope you guys can find a place to stay over the holidays.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Mystika, that blows. If it were up to me, there would be no homelessness, no starvation, and no sadness. Unfortunately, in this world, the haves tend to feel the need to screw over the have-nots. This should come as no big surprise that you were kicked out the day before Christmas, as a matter of fact, I'm willing to bet that they waited for X-mas eve on purpose.

By best advice is to keep your head up. I intend to do my part by becoming a have, from my current state of being a have-not. Once I am a have, I can do more to help us have-nots. You might want to try doing anything you can to help other have-nots, maybe by becoming a have yourself one day.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
i searched the medias a bit yesterday to see what papers were saying about our eviction, and i saw a short video made at the moment of our eviction in my place. The city counceller that was present made a pretty #ed up declaration, but on the other way amusing, but sad. She was explaining that all of us were going to be taken to a sport-hall in to be explained the situation around a cup of coffee, and that all of us without family and a place to stay would get an hotel for the night. No need to tell you that we didn't see any of that.
when the interwiever asked her if it was not a wrong time to kick people out of their houses, she said that christmas, easter or summer vacations, it doesn't matter to them.
I found nowhere an article showing the two sides of the story, and that is revolting me. Nowhere could be found pictures of mention of the bulldozers that destroyed our homes and our stuff.
We are the third squat evicted this week, with no warning.
We decided that we will not let that pass and we will engage pursuits. It will not give us our home back, but maybe prevent that it happens again.
if anybody feels like giving us support, you can send your reaction to the city at [email protected] (burgemeester van ehv)
Thanks and merry christmas to all of you

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I hate to look like I am completely out of it , but what exactly is "squatting?"

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info
I hate to look like I am completely out of it , but what exactly is "squatting?"

Occupying a property that isn't yours to occupy. Albeit, a vacant property, but someones elses none the less.

[edit on 25/12/05 by stumason]

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Yes, I like to call it 'stealing' - no offence but everyone else has to work hard and pay for the privilege of living somewhere, so I understandably get niggled by freeloaders.
Is it your land? No.
Did you build the house or pay for the materials? No.

Sorry it happened on Christmas, but it's the same in this country and you can literally be away on holiday and come back to find people living in your house and there is jack you can do about it. THEY actually have more rights than us and WE end up on the street.

I don't mind people who want an alternative lifestyle and not conform with society - but don't do it at OUR expense and then get upset when you have to finally pay.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I would recommend finding a place in the woods to live. Find a good lake or stream and learn how to fish and your set on food. Shouldn't have to worry about getting evicted, as long as you dispose of your trash. And then there would be the harmony of living as one with nature--what kind of price can you put on that?

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
to explain to you agent smith, we have certain rules for squatting, and the government had his reasons to make them.
It's really not like if you go on vacation and you come back and your house is squatted. The rules are that you can legally squat a place if it is unoccupied, unused and empty for more than a year. There must also be no official plans for it accepted by the city.
The government made this laws because this country is really small in superficy but has a lot of people. A lot of land owners buy places but never use them or rent them. As a results the prices of places rises up and there wouldn't be this law, most of the people wouldn't be able to pay their rent at all.
I really can't pay one. That's why i squat. It is a nice alternative, and a legal one.

top topics

join