It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs our loved ones give when they pass away...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
when you see the sign.....or feel them near you. My father passed away when I was 13, and being his only little girl, it was a huge loss for me. A Dad gives a daughter that 'protection' feeling, knowing Daddys always there to keep you safe etc. I lost that, and have not felt safe like I did then for 24 years.

I have always believed in the afterlife, my Dad didn't. My father has been with me all these years, I just know it. Once when I was meditating, I heard him. his voice. He said in what felt like a telepathic message 'Ok, I should have sat on the fence about afterlife - now I know the truth'.
Right throughout the last 24 years, whenever things are a little difficult with life - I dream. Not of his face, or his voice - simply of his hand.
I see this big bulky manly hand palm upwards, waiting for mine to slide into it. It is his way of letting me know he is with me through everything.
Whether it is real, or not, if it helps us deal with things......
I am ALL for it!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
But, I would add that when lightning struck at my co-workers funeral, he looked and sounded pretty convinced. And I was too, though I don't know if anyone else was, which doesn't matter. It is only important that it meant alot to him, it was a confirmation, a comfort, a reality.
It is theoretically possible it was a coincidence, as some have proposed. I took a course in probability and statistics and the odds of that would be tough to figure. They must be very high, but not impossible. I don't have much doubt about what happened though, but then I knew the man, and his wife, and I was there.
I have had two dreams that were very much like a visit from a deceased relative, my mom, and my stepdad. They might have been just dreams, but like you said, if it helps. The one with my stepdad was very helpful, I awoke a new man that morning, feeling totally different.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My warmest regards to those who have lost their loved ones.

I have a very short personal experience to share.

I'm sort of the kind of person that rarely wakes up remebering what my dream was.

And I had this dream about my deceased grandma and older brother. In my dream, I see both of them waving their hands at me smiling as if they were saying good-bye. This dream came to me a few weeks after they passed away and since then, I never dream of them again.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by damefool]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Years ago I had a close friend who died when I was overseas. I hadn't seen her for about 4 years, and the news was totally unexpected.

That night when I went to sleep, she visited me in a dream, she wasn't alone, but with another person, who I think was her angel, sent to help her.

I knew when I woke that she had visited to say goodbye to me, but at the time I was really confused in my dream and didn't understand what was happening.

She said "Whats the matter with him?" to her partner, and he said "He's dreaming and doesn't understand whats happening". She said "Goodbye" and my name, and they left and I woke up.

Its the fact that I was confused that for me clinches it as real. If it was merely a wish fulfillment dream that I was making in my own mind, I would hardly mess it up by being confused.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It might be possible. I think it was a visit though. When my brother called to say my stepdad was beck in the hospital, and asked if I wanted to go with him to visit, I declined. It meant missing work, the expense of the trip, and he had been in and out of hospital for over five years, battling prostate cancer. Well, the next afternoon he died. I felt rotten. guilty, selfish, etc. and that lasted unabated for around two weeks. then I had this dream. He came and told me not to worry about it, it was okay. I awoke and before I even consciously thought about my dream, I was all better. I felt totally forgiven. the immediate conclusion I came to as to why I felt like a huge burden was gone, was that it was the dream. It could have been all my brain, sure, but I am the same as you, I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who have contributed to this thread and my sincerest condolences to all who have lost loved ones.

It's been a few months now since my mom passed away. As I decribed in the first post, she gave me a sign the night she passed away.

I have to admit I'm afraid of ghosts, etc. but sometimes I wish I could see her again even if it was in that form. I haven't gotten anymore signs from her since that night, nor have I dreamt of her. I wonder if that was it or if there will be more.

I guess I just have to wait and see.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Well, just a few weeks before my granda died I picked up on this black "figure" just walking around my house, his house and his daughters houses' and when I reasearched it I found that it was "a death omen" but I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think this thread is a great thing mecheng

I have another story to add to the thread... perhaps it will bring you comfort of reassurance...

I heard from my mom about a month after she died...
very much "across the veil" as you may have heard it expressed... it wasn't words, or a vision of a ghost.... it was an answer, a glimpse... perhaps the only answer that mattered...
When my mom died, she was unconscious... so my sister and i were unable to talk with her... but just be with her...
but before they knocked her out, she was writting to us, but couldn't really hold the pen (she had a ventilator tube that kept her from speaking) My mother and I's mental connection was never more important... because i would speak for her, and she would nod... (mostly to agree that i got her gist right). So needless to say, our goodbyes weren't the easiest, or the most verbal... but it was a goodbye...

About a month later, the phone rings... and my girlfriend answers it...

at that moment, i had an overwhelming feeling of possession (i tried to sit up, but wasn't in control of my body) My mind was overflowed with visions, and thoughts... all of them NOT MINE... but what i sort of recognized as my mothers as she lay in her hospital bed, unable to speak...

I heard all her words that she couldn't speak at the time (and heard my sisters and i talking for to her and for her)... i heard the thoughts going thru her mind... it was exactly the moment in time frozen in memory, that had ended her life (right before she lost consciousness)...
I had my answers, and had an experience that i hope wasn't unique... it was the answer to so many things...

when i came around, my girlfriend was bending over me, asking what happened (which i couldn't answer at that point), it was then that she told me that the phone call was from her friend, whos father was my stepgrandmothers doctor,...

She was calling with the news that my stepdad had just been dicovered dead, from a self inflicted gunshot... my uncle called about 10 minutes later to confirm it...

My mother had been there with me... and had chosen to do something, anything that she could... to help me brace for the news... and understand it in a whole new light...

if not for her, i am sure i would have had a breakdown that day... instead i had a "wake up"...
thanks mom... wherever you "are"... you are always here...

we carry our connections to our loved ones well beyond the veil of life... into the eternal...
blessings to everyone...

energy cannot be destroyed, only change forms...
let the truth of that sink in awhile.... then shiver a bit... brrrrr
I just got the chills... probably just a visitor...

peace always
laz

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hi Laz,

Nice to see you dropped by. Thanks for the post. If there is one thing I hoped to get out of this thread it was to get a confirmation that I wasn't just 'seeing things'.

Really, back in November when mom passed away, I knew I wasn't seeing things, I knew it wasn't a coincidence, and I knew it was her saying goodbye one last time. But when I told people my story I could tell their eyes were glossing over like they felt the circumstances were clouding my judgement and/or making me see things I wanted to see. So, I stopped telling my story. I can't say I blame them however. How many times have you seen four clouds that fill the sky in the shape of a smiley face? So I came here to hear other people tell their similar stories and there are some really incredible stories here.

So what I've gotten from this thread so far is that there are many people who have had similar experiences and it's ok if people don't believe because I know...

Thanks... everyone.

Mech.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Few stories on this thread, pretty much the same subject, so I thought I'd post it here.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the link implosion,
I'm terribly sorry for your loss. It sounds like you felt the same for your dad as I did for my mom. I hope God eases the pain you must be feeling. I know I think about mom every day and reading this thread again brought back all those sad feelings all over again.
I posted a similar story as yours in this thread regarding my grandfather-in-law's funeral home van cutting us off on the one year anniversary after his death.
IMO there's no way these are only coincidences. I hope more people feel compelled to contribute to these threads to prove that.
Take care...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have a few signs that a few different people received from the same loved one. His name is Shane and he passed away in a terrible car accident 2 years ago. Everyone was hit pretty hard by this tragedy especially because he was only 20 yrs old and it was so unexpected.

His mom - She woke up one night because she heard a noise. Forgetting that her son had passed away, she called his name. Of course he didn't answer but she got up anyway and went in his room. In the middle of the room was a bottle spinning by itself and stopped. There were no windows open and no mouse or other creature to be found.

His brother - His brother was at home incapacitated by himself. He had made some dinner but didn't feel like eating. Instead, he wanted to get in the car to take a drive. As soon as he was going for the door, Shane appeared in the kitchen and told him not to go and to sit down and eat. His brother was in disbelief but decided to do it anyway. When he thought he was done, Shane encouraged him to eat more and more because he did not want him to leave in his drunken state. After the last time Shane told his brother to stay and eat, he disappeared. Yes, I know, he was incapacitated but whether it was a hallucination or not, he didn't go drunk driving because of Shane.

His nephew - His nephew was driving home one night and thought he saw a flash in his rear view mirror. When he looked into it he saw a vision of Shane. He immediately called out for Shane and looked in the back seat. Of course he found himself alone in the truck.

Myself - I went to a memorial for Shane after he had been gone for 2 years. All of his family and friends were there and I decided to take my camera. I thought to myself, "Shane if you can, please give us a sign that you're still with us". Well during that evening I took several group pictures of his family and friends. In every picture that had a friend or family member in it, there was an orb on that person. In one picture of his mother, sister, and brothers, there was an orb touching each family member. After the memorial was over, I showed the pictures to my boyfriend (the nephew) and told him about orbs. I also told him that I asked Shane to send us a sign if he was there that night. I don't know if orbs are really spiritual beings, but if they are, Shane was with us that night.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
OK, I only got a login yesterday so I could conduct searches etc but this thread hit a chord. Nothing fantastic but I'll share...

My father died in August 2000 and I had an experience 4 days after his death (1 day before the funeral, thats another story) but the most profound thing happened to me about 2 years later.

It was the end of an ordinary day and I was getting ready for bed, finishing cleaning my teeth. As I turned off the tap, I glanced into the mirror (as you do). Well, I became fixated, I couldn't move, I stared into my own eyes...only they weren't my eyes.

I had an overwhelming feeling of peace and a tingle or throughout my body. I couldn't avert my gaze, I couldn't move but it felt ok. I instinctively knew it was dad.

No words were spoken but I thought "It's you isn't it?. The reply was "Yes". I thought, "You're OK aren't you?". The reply was yes.

I was immediately released from my static state and I collapsed in uncontrollable tears, not of sorrow but more of relief.

I didn't realise it before but after this event, I realised that I wasn't at peace with his leaving us. Now I am.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I am reading a book about this subject. It's called, "Hello From Heaven!". Has anyone heard or read this book? I just started it about two days ago, it is written by Bill & Judy Guggenhem.

-- Boat

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
God's Warrior - Any chance you could upload the pics? I think a lot of people might be interested in seeing them.

Prote - Great story and welcome to ATS (this was the same reason I joined). It's been around 9 months since my mom passed away and I haven't gotten another sign from her. Perhaps because she knows I'll probably have a heart attack. But I really would like to hear from her again. I'm no expert, but it seems like mirrors are involved with a lot of 'paranormal' stories, no?

Boat Phone - Thanks for the book suggestion. I'm definitely going to look it up. I was hoping to get enough posts on this thread to start my own book and make millions.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hi Mecheng,

Not sure about the mirrors. I have had a few "paranormal" experiences and this was the only one that involved a mirror. I have never thought a great deal about my experiences before, just put them down to some phenomenon or another but I find myself drawn to researching souls and life after death etc but this seems to cross many threads on these boards and oddly, I always find myself in the UFO section a lot.

There didn't seem to be any specific reason for my fathers brief visit but I'm sure glad it happened but now I'm thinking ther's a whole load of other stuff going on. I'm totally and uttely fascinated with all things soul related and having never subscribed to any religion or even formed a solid opinion about god, I feel very comfortable in the knowledge (or "feeling") that people that pass over are in a far better place than us, that those left behind face another "test" as a result of the departed and in fact, it was indeed, time for the departed to depart.

Peace

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The stories are so touching! I usually have dreams about my grandfather. He has told me several times in dreams to watch out for certain people. He told me that my boyfriend was a witch, and when I told my boyfriend about the dream, he said that he was a witch. Also, my mother has come to me in dreams, and said that these mean people were trying to hurt me. I've also had angels come to me in dreams and tell me that they love me, and that I'm special, usually when I am feeling down. When I wake up, I feel so loved, ha ha! One of the angel's said his name was Mark Abrams. Isn't that weird? That even sounds like an angel!

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
My ex, who was still my best friend died last August after a short 9 month battle with luekemia. He was only 42.

I have had a hard time accepting his death and would cry often thinking about him (still do but not as often). I used talk out loud to him all the time.

Anyway, one night about 4 months ago, I was sitting on the couch watching TV and just bawling crying because I missed him sooooooo much and my heart aches for him. Then all of a sudden I felt something rubbing up and down on my arm in a loving way....you know how people do when they tell you it's going to be alright. He was never very affectionate with hugs and such, but whenever I was sad, or upset he used to run his hands up and down my arms. It sartled me. I sat straight up and stopped crying and it happened again. It was real.

I knew then that he was there and he wanting me to stop hurting for him.

I still cannot believe he is gone. Sometimes something will happen and I will pick up the phone and start to call him and then remember that he is really gone.

But ever since that night where he touched me, I haven't greived as deeply. He wants me to be happy.

This is interesting. He requested to be with my daughter when he died. She was there. He died in her arms. It was very loving and touching. She was very strong about it. A few weeks after he died she said, I asked him to show proof that he was OK and still with her...to send a butterfly or a feather or something. A few seconds later a butterfly landed on her cheek and that night there was a butterfly on her pillow.

I'm sure these are signs from him.

[edit on 9-7-2006 by MauiStacey]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
My father passed 15 years ago from cancer. He worked for more than 30 years driving a truck as a deliveryman for a national bakery. He worked 16 hour days and had the same routine every day, arising at 1:30 am and going downstairs to eat breakfast. He worked to just a few weeks before his death because he said keeping his job made him deal with his sickness better.

After he died, the next night, my family heard someone descending the steps going downstairs, and this continued for a few weeks, but not on weekends. We tried to find the source of this noise, to no avail. We finally came to the conclusion that it was my father keeping the same routine. (As he had weekends off, and we never heard the noise on the steps during these days, we came th this conclusion). Being a Catholic family, we had our parish priest come to the house after a few weeks, told him what we'd been hearing, and he said a few prayers which would help dad find peace and accept his death. The noise on the steps stopped after that and to this day we know it was dad going downstairs to go to work.

[edit on 9-7-2006 by UnBreakable]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
My husband has been dead for 10 years now. I am still waiting for a "sign" from him. I have come to accept that there is no sign coming.
It has all been wishful and hopeful thinking, and nothing more.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join