It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bail refused for Burning Australian Flag !!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
So if I was anti-Australian that would make me a racist?
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the term racism defined as:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Racism is not the correct term to use here. Australia was and never will be a human entity.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trent

I thought he was implying that Canada unlike Australia didn't have them. If that wasn't what he was implying than that's fair enough. I was just pointing out that every country has it's bad apples as the Cronulla and Concordia riots prove. My intention was to nip in the bud any my country is better than your country rhetoric before it even got started.

[edit on 23-12-2005 by Trent]

Yes every country does have its bad apples. The thing that bothers me about numbercruncher's remarks is that he/she is dragging racism into this thread, when burning a flag in no way has anything to do with racism.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega

Here in Canada we don't usually have race riots lol.

Than what do you call this? Everyone has a few bad apples.

Concordia is the hottest school in Canada in terms of the Palestinian presence, activism and intimidation.

There was yelling and chanting, drumming and fighting going on outside the doors, with hundreds of our people stuck behind the gate being

abused by hundreds of violent demonstrators.

I thought we were going to get killed, I swear. It was the scariest feeling, because I knew that these people wanted to hurt me and anyone who supports Israel or is Jewish. Today Montreal Jews were made to feel afraid for our lives, and today Jewish students were threatened in our own home.

www.aish.com...

Oh Golly Gosh, would this be the SAME Canada that doesn't have racial violence??

Oh wait a minute, maybe this is Religous violence ?

But keep Burning that USA flag fella, make sure you pay for it though, and when you realise where the enemy is and need advice on a control measure, just call the New South Wales government.

I think Canada's alway been confused thou hey? never could quite decide if you where Britsh, French or Canadian.

And now it seems they are starting them young with scholl age Jew Haters, have a word with your government and fix it would ya?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   

So if I was anti-Australian that would make me a racist?
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the term racism defined as:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Racism is not the correct term to use here. Australia was and never will be a human entity.

LOL that remark on its own comes close to Racism.

So your Canadian? so its safe to say using your confused Canadian/French/British logic that Canada will never be a Human entity?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
numbercruncher...

So far you have made offensive statements about France, America and Canada.

You need to clean up your act immediately. I'm all up in the proud of you about your sense of nationality and all, but you're not going to enjoy the freedom of bashing every other country on the globe while you're here, k?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
CPYKOmega,

No worries i don't agree with him either, in fact I would defend anyones right to burn an Australian flag as long as they bought the flag and didn't steal it. It's not the flag that matters but the rights granted to those living under the flag that is important and freedom of expression should be one of those rights, even if the way some people express themselves offends others. The signal that someone burning a flag sends me is discontent and burning a flag is a powerful way to convey that message.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

Oh Golly Gosh, would this be the SAME Canada that doesn't have racial violence??

Oh wait a minute, maybe this is Religous violence ?

But keep Burning that USA flag fella, make sure you pay for it though, and when you realise where the enemy is and need advice on a control measure, just call the New South Wales government.

I think Canada's alway been confused thou hey? never could quite decide if you where Britsh, French or Canadian.

And now it seems they are starting them young with scholl age Jew Haters, have a word with your government and fix it would ya?

1)I said doesn't usually have racial violence.
2)And who is this enemy you are talking about? I would call it hatred. ( I was joking about burning american flags in case you didn't realize that.)
3)Here comes the Canada bashing. Glad you had to resort to that.
4)Any kind of government cannot control a persons free will.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

LOL that remark on its own comes close to Racism.

So your Canadian? so its safe to say using your confused Canadian/French/British logic that Canada will never be a Human entity?

I was trying to prove a point that burning a flag is not racist. What I stated was the definition of racism as told by www.dictionary.com Maybe you should start using that web page a lot more.

And yes Canada has never been and will never be a human entity.

[edit on 12-23-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I completly reject the notion that you think i insulted the USA, i love the USA.

In the previous post i was referring this quote of the below poster who let us all know that HE burns the flag of the USA!!

And furthermore it was this comment, (which should be repremanded) for my comments getting Harsher.

CPYKOmega said " Australia was and never will be a human entity. "

So i can take my warning on the Chin, no problems, but please deny Ignorance.

You Canadian's might find it Acceptable for people to burn your flag during race riots, we don't.

Here in Canada we don't usually have race riots lol. We only usually have anti-war rallys, where we usually burn American flags.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   

And furthermore it was this comment, (which should be repremanded) for my comments getting Harsher.

Why should that comment be repremanded? You are making no sense. A country is literally not a human entity. It is the truth. Am I missing something?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Why should that comment be repremanded? You are making no sense. A country is literally not a human entity. It is the truth. Am I missing something?

Are you God? do you get to decide what a race of people are?

Whats an Australian with a half Indian half Maori mother and a Half Irish and Half Jamican father? you tell me.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
People are people end of story. Again you are making no sense to me so I will stop talking. Lets get back to the topic of the thread.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
As simple as this. It was taken from the flag pole, doused in metho, set alight, the urinated on, in the middle of the street

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
numbercruncher...

You need to clean up your act immediately. I'm all up in the proud of you about your sense of nationality and all, but you're not going to enjoy the freedom of bashing every other country on the globe while you're here, k?

oh, he's offended Australians too. . .

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Whats an Australian with a half Indian half Maori mother and a Half Irish and Half Jamican father? you tell me.

An Australian.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

People are people end of story. Again you are making no sense to me so I will stop talking. Lets get back to the topic of the thread.

I agree with everything you say here.

People are people.

Once again You are making no sense to me.

Lets get back to the topic.

I beleive if you choose to live in a country, like me im an immigrant to Australia, it is the Ultimate insult to tear down there flag (particularly from outside the RSL ) and burn it, deface it , the act is clearly an act of racial/nationalistic hatred.

But one of the offendors is young, and im not immune to the notion that young people do silly things with out really thinking, as i was young once to

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

An Australian.

You sir are like a gift from the heavens!! if i could vote you Way above Top Secret, i would do it every single month until the day of one of our deaths!

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa

Originally posted by Valhall
numbercruncher...

oh, he's offended Australians too. . .

And youve offended my Intelligence, but seen as you disagree with what ive said (it seems) why not let me know why, im not immune to admitting im wrong, if in fact you can prove where i was wrong.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hi Trent,

Through this whole discussion it was your following comment that i found the most dissapointing and very surprising.

Surprising because through out the whole conversation you where the voice of compromise, the diplomat if you will, but then out of no where when i was facing an up hill battle you turned!

Maybe im just different to all you folks, but i think burning your nation's flag is not only a huge insult to your people but to your people's ancestors as well.

I hope you retain the quality's as a voice of compromise that you demonstrated earlier in the conversation.

The underdog often becomes the favorite in Australian "mythology" or "urban legend" if you will.

Just never give up the ghost i say!

CPYKOmega,

No worries i don't agree with him either, in fact I would defend anyones right to burn an Australian flag as long as they bought the flag and didn't steal it. It's not the flag that matters but the rights granted to those living under the flag that is important and freedom of expression should be one of those rights, even if the way some people express themselves offends others. The signal that someone burning a flag sends me is discontent and burning a flag is a powerful way to convey that message.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
moving this over to Global News, where members may continue this somewhat convoluted discussion hopefully without any blanket statements, personal insults, or one liners.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join