It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Govt Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I've been viewing these boards for about 3 months now and have had an idea that I've debated about posting multiple times, and tonight I decided to register and see what other people think.

The Patriot Act doesn't end up reenacted. Once this happens Bush will make a big fuss about and say we really need it as he is doing already. Then things will calm down and sometime after the rejection another terroisist act occurs. Bush comes out and kind of says hey I told you guys we needed the powers of the Patriot Act, and just like how Congress hastily enacted the Patriot Act we end up with something twice as worse as it once people "realize" hey we really need these precautions. Sorry if anything similar has been posted but I'm intrested to see what other people think of this idea, because I believe alot is yet to come.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I completely agree. Some believe that 911 was already planned and although I am mostly on the fence about that I lean towards saying that parts of it was. What is that phrase? Situation, reaction, action?
Something like that. The point being is that it takes a situation for the people to reaction such in 911 and then the gov plays hero and takes "action". By the time we realize that it isn't in our best interest we are already too far indebted to the action that we have no way out.
I believe the same is true for the new patriot act. It's all in the name of our safety but is it really?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I just think if you look at everything that's been happening that if someone high up wanted to take control they got one hell of a plan. What better way to take away freedom than to make everything think that to have it means that a terroist who is against "freedom" will attack.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Moving to Politics at ATS 1.0 ยป U.S. Politics

new topics

top topics

join