It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amature Ghost Hunters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This may be a stupid question, but here goes:

My friends and I are going to do a little “project” I guess you could say, we are going to the places around our area that are supposedly haunted and doing a little investigating. My question to all of you fine people is: Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to take with us as in gear? We were planning on taking a recorder, any other suggestions?

I thank you for all of your help,
Motoko Kusanagi

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
You can try dowsing rods. Here's a link
www.millersparanormalresearch.com...
Good Luck...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Our resident amateur ghost hunter is Amuk
see his thread for info

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You can spend a bazillion dollars on equipment, but it comes down to what you can afford and what you plan to collect. There are plenty of sites out there that sell Ghost Hunting equipment, but the most common stuff I have seen are:

Laser Thermometers
Gauss Meters
Infra Red Cameras and film
Tape Recorders
Motion and/or heat activating video cameras recording normal, infra red, and/or low light.
Flashlights
First Aid Kit

As to cameras, I do not suggest using digitals since they tend to drop out spots of color when used in the dark and create false orbs.

[edit on 12/22/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Good luck on this dude, so many ghost hunters and no definate evidence of ghosts!! Just don't be too scared when you're out there and please post your pics, I want to see an open portal to hell, COOL!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
We're just doing it for somthing to do mostly. Just going to do a little investigating...not looking to spend alot of money on high tech equipment...just a couple of kids with nothing better to do...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Good luck with that, remember to make sure that your not screwing with demons or non-human entities, it can get hairy messing with thoes... If you can, get holy water...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Another thing about cameras, film is better. The reason for that is anyone can say that a pic has been photoshopped but its allot harder to argue with a negative. Yes, negatives can be faked but not with the ease of digital photo's. Just something to think about.

Wupy

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Motoko

You need to make sure you have some insurance! There is nothing worse than someone calling you the next day and saying "someone from your team has scribbled a 'Where's Waldo' on my Picasso!" That could be quite a lawsuit!

You should also get yourself some basic paranormal investigation training on what kit to use and how to get the best from it. Many of the larger groups offer this, and it's usually quite affordable. Make sure first that the group is a recognised and respected one.

There can also be substantial psychological effects on investigators that encounter things that scare them (even if they are logically explainable) and you really need someone who knows what they are doing in charge. I once watched a person have a nervous breakdown after witnessing alleged paranormal activity on an event.

Not trying to put you off honestly, but PLEASE do your homework before you set out.

Ross

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I dont think he needs insurance, its just a minor investigation, im going to be doing the same thing where i live, although, most of my friends i talke to are rather creeped out by the whole idea...
Here are a few must haves:

Tape recorder: for evp recordings

Camera: perferably film, if not, a nice didgital camera, to capture phenomena

video camera: film if your very lucky, video tape, or didgital (can be optional on a budget)

Flashlights: duh, get bright ones, and a handheld flood if you can manage)

Extra batteries (for everything): ghost and spirits drain battery life like a mofo

Cross and bible: better safe than sorry, pick out a few passages for protection prayer and whatnot.

Divining rods: made from coathangers, cheep, yet effective

First aid kit: haunted houses might not meet the no exposed rusty nails standard most of us are used to...

3 or more people: most hebiejeebies felt in haunted houses dissapear after 3, and totaly gone after 4, just stick together...

Good luck and happy hunting.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
i have ghost hunted now for a few years, and with a lot of success.

here is the best pic iv taken

this one i have circled in red to show what we all seen.
for us its face.
this was taken at grayfriers churchyard early 2005

there was no fog, and NOBODY was smoking.
this is as real as it gets, no kidding about.

as usual people have the right to say its fake.
but im being 100% honest.

THIS IS A GHOST ON FILM.
the ghost here is of a woman, she (i think) was a killer

[edit on 29/12/2005 by shauny]

[edit on 29/12/2005 by shauny]

[edit on 29-12-2005 by sanctum]

new topics

top topics

join