It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Diego Maradona Potentially The Most Dangerous Man Alive ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
OK, I'm English and I've spat his name ever since he cheated the English out of the World Cup in the infamous "Hand of God" incident.

But it's something to think about.

Even though he is probably clinically unstable he is also the most popular Argentinian in the country. He is also starting to show political ambition and the latest news that he has been arrested, held, then released on his way to a charitable football game shows that the Argentinian Administration fear him.

As most will know he was one of the greatest footballers ever until his coccaine habit and comfort eating ended his carreer spectacularly. Periodic photographs of him, glazed and obese, featured in European newspaper inspiring both great sadness and schadenfreude.

Then miraculously he was reborn after a stomache stapling operation to reduce his appetite.

Since then he's enjoyed national acclamation for his own TV show.

At the recent Trans-America's Conference he led anti-US, anti-globalisation protesters on the street !

He has made no secret that he is interested in politics.

The next presidential election isn't for two years but the Argentinian government are right to fear him even now.

Maradona is very unstable after years of drug abuse while being treated as a living god by many in Argentina.

I wonder what an Argentian President Diego Maradona capable of making executive orders might consider his priorities.

The minds of most Brits would automatically look at the Falkland Islands. Do you trust him not to consider he could beat the UK ??

But his willingness to lead an anti-american mob on the streets should worry everyone.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Maradona is very unstable after years of drug abuse while being treated as a living god by many in Argentina.

I guess that didn't stop Bush from getting to the top.

Wouldn't be surprised if the CIA have a file on him thou, any person with a public image that can provoke decent will have a file.

Would anyone be surprised if he suddenly had a 'heart attack' coming closer to the election?

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
It doesn't stop ANY Polititian from getting to the top. Though I doubt the rest of the world would level with anything this Head-case might suggest, relating to anything 'dangerous', per say. I mean, someone with that much Corrupted history wouldn't be taken seriously by most polititians. So, I believe that any chances of him churning up some type of 'Destructive' Campaign are very slim.

That said, with the evidence that The Shroud Of Memphis provided, it seems Argentina might fall into the hands of a madman, no matter what his history. I'm sure that it has happened before. (Not looking for Bush Bashers here, so please show some Self Control) I don't know much about Argentina's Government, but if it's anything like North Korea's, he could possibly be Dangerous... Especially to his own country if he were to Declare war on America. Believe it or not, I think we are showing restraint in the War On Terror. If a country were to call us out, I don't think anyone would second guess using a Shock&Awe attack, only without the means to "scare"

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis
Would anyone be surprised if he suddenly had a 'heart attack' coming closer to the election?

I wouldn't be surprised, considering whatever Medical Records he might have. Cocaine isn't some pantywaist drug. Especially if you do it to the amount of Obesity.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Maradona is just a coke head, a loser and a has been. He's just trying to stay on the media lights. Period. He's pathetic. If his fans weren't so blind and brainwashed when it comes to him, he would probably already on a graveyard.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
Maradona is just a coke head, a loser and a has been. He's just trying to stay on the media lights. Period. He's pathetic. If his fans weren't so blind and brainwashed when it comes to him, he would probably already on a graveyard.

Hey U-P !!!

I agree but I think he is going to be the next president of Argentina.

This means he is no longer just a sportsman who has lost his way. He becomes an unstable leader of a large and regionally important country.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Is this for real??!! I would not even consider this guy to be dangerous. You want someone dangerous? Look no further then the (most likely) president elect of Bolivia Eva Morales. This guy called himself a "Nightmare for Washington." This is a guy who has an ardent hero worship of Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez. He's a forma coca farmer and someone who claims to want torpedo the US anti-drug efforts. This guy elected is 10 fold the force to be dealt with then some washed up ex footballer who couldnt stop eating till they stapled his gut shut.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I think the big difference is that Diego Maradona is a Messianic figure in Argentina and South America.

You're quite right about Eva Morales though. As far as US foreign policy is concerned, South America is a real mess. The whole continent is moving left democratically. Morales is an indigenous Indian too.

But a big difference is that Argentina is a far larger and more powerful country.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Oh yeah...he'll make a great president

I can see him as a threat...especially in Argentina and South America where sports stars are treated like gods. Maradona will have no problem getting the masses to back him up for the presidency.

[edit on 25/12/2005 by SportyMB]

new topics

top topics

join