It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Was Your Childhood Hero?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
In keeping with my What Was Your Childhood Dream? thread id also like to know...

Who was your childhood hero?

Maybe a film star, sports star or some random scientist who nobody else has ever heard of!

Mic

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
childhood hero.... i didn't have a hero but i had idles.

Jon Bon Jovi

(because of Asala!!)
and

Axel Rose

(because of Asala) no surprise.

oni x x

[edit on 22-12-2005 by Oni x x]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Growing up in the late 'fifties - early sixties', I for one had plenty of "heroes".
From John Wayne, James Dean, Dean Martin to Bogart, Cagney and Raft, as I kid I would imagine myself to be the "hero" of the day living out the fantasy that enveloped and shaded my childhood reality.

Of course, I also had my sports heros and living in the Motor City, Detroit, I had plenty to admire as heroes; Al Kaline, Norm Cash, Bill Freehan and, my favorite Detroit Tiger of them all, Rocky Calovito. And on the Ice, Detroit Red Wings topped my list of "heroes; Gordie Howe, Alex Delvechio, Terry Sawchuck and "the Captain", Stevie Yzerman!

Of course, as I kid, I was enamored with John F. Kennedy and the whole Kennedy clan. In those days, I was idealistic enough to actually believe that there were actually others who dreamed of "something better" and that someone else would dream and say "why not"? Of course, I grew older, wiser and disillusioned about the truth behind the sort of people that are involved in politics and the actual motivation of government and politics.
Nevertheless, I admired JFK, I also liked Richard M. Nixon (he stopped the draft when my number was "008), otherwise I would have been drafted and the US military was on a tour of SouthEast Asia at the time. But alas, my admiration is limited to excaping a stint int the military and believing that I might have shared the same dream of what America could have been.

I also admired the original 7 astronauts. True heroes in the heart of a young boy in the sixties with the courage and spirit to keep a kid glued to his transistor radio for every second of every space launch.

There are too many heroes for me to choose. But at least we had some genuine heroes to emulate. I feel sorry for this generation.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It's corny, but my hero was my Mom.

She would work third shift, get my little brother and I off to school, get up to make dinner and check our homework, get some zzz's while we were at school and after my Dad came home, and still have the time to raise my brother and I with decent morals, common sense, a good spirit, and a kind heart. She is called "Our Rock" because no matter what, she wouldn't break. You know how some people have an awful day, and just can't take that one last little thing? My Mom could.

I love the heck out of my Mom.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I can't say that I really had a hero...would've had to have been....superman? Or when the 70's rolled around coulda been someone from "Emergency!".

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This is an easy one. My mama. From the day I was born my mama took even that responsibilty to heart. About 2 years later my sister came along. Her and my dad got a divorce and my mama gained full custody. I don't remember the earlier years, but what I do will remain in my memories til the day I die.

She was a single mama who worked any shift at the local paper company. She provided for us even if it meant denying herself, we were her babies. My mama is one of the toughest women I have ever and will meet. At some point I guess you could say we were poor, at another point we had to go to an house for abusive women. She came through that with her pride, dignity, and self-worth entact.

It's taken twelve years for us to come out better in the end. Those twelve years have taught her a lot, and she in turn has passed her knowledge onto me. She has accepted my mistakes for what they were.

She is my best friend, and it will always be like that. That old adage, 'The apple didn't fall too far from the tree,' In my mama's case that apple was cloned. I'm in her image and I act just like her sometimes. That makes me happy. :-)

[edit on 22-12-2005 by CelticHeart]

[edit on 22-12-2005 by CelticHeart]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Christopher Reeve...he remained so until he died - and I still find him to be an incredible role-model.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hero: Superman

Idol: Steve Perry

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Francis Marion----The Swamp Fox.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
My friends and family were and still are my heroes and heroines, I couldn't ask for a better bunch.

Here's to you all my friends and family

top topics

join