It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KJV Found?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
May be a premature title, but I heard from a co-worker this morning that he was listening to the news on his way into work and they had stated that an university in Manitoba Canada believes they have the original King James Version of the bible.

I don't have much more info than that, nor do I have a link ( I have been searching ).

From what he heard on the news report, they have reason to believe, due to certain things contained in the book, that it is in fact, the original.

As I said, I can't find anything on this anywhere, and may even prove to be a hoax of some type.

If anyone has any more information on the above please let me know.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

University's Bible discovered to be rare first edition
Last Updated Dec 21 2005 04:01 PM CST
CBC News
Scholars have discovered an old Bible in the University of Manitoba's archives is a rare first edition, first printing of the King James Bible.
"We had hoped that it was going to be a first editing, first printing, but we couldn't confirm it until now," said Dr. Shelley Sweeney, head of archives at the University of Manitoba Libraries.
"It's just amazing that something printed 400 years ago in England, it's the most popular book in on earth, essentially, more than 1 billion in print, and here is the first edition, first copy.

www.cbc.ca

Sanc'.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Thats exactly what it was.

Thanks Sanc,

*** I didn't think to check the CBC ***

join