It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A51 equivalent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If A51 is so super advanced then maybe some other countries have something similar??? I dont think that the US could be that much better than everyone else.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Don't forget, the Russians had the Tunguskan Forest incident, in 1907, where supposedly a UFO crashed. So, more than likely the Russians have a version of Area 51 too.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
what about area 19 thats got more defence then area 51 and is said to actually have things in it

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I was referring to bases of other country's even though yes a19 is more heavily guarded and there probably is more stuff there.
btw could I get the long/lat of the russian place

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TristanBW9456
If A51 is so super advanced then maybe some other countries have something similar??? I dont think that the US could be that much better than everyone else.

Yes I fully agree with you this point ...some other countries have something similar...some unusual arm...But US is really extremely special

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
so where are these places and the stories behind them? I know this community is international- so someone has to know something about non-US top secret facillities.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I dont think that th us is particularly special but more that the other places they are more advanced than everyone thinks and that they are doing more to hide it as to keep the prying eyes of the CIA/UN away

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The projects tested at Area 51 are the most advanced aircraft the world has ever known. While there is no doubt that the UK, Russia, maybe even China, France, etc. have bases where they test new technology, Area51 remains the test site for the most advanced aircraft ever known. Case in point, in 10 of 15 years, when we will all truly realize the greatness of the F-22 Raptor, we will all know without a doubt that the aircraft developed at Area 51 is head and shoulders above all others.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
but sitll they could be developing the same level of stuff but just hiding it better. and using a weaker appearance to decieve us and in the state it currently is in there is no way in hell russia could have anything that great.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
That is very true, look at the euro-fighter the most advanced plane out at the moment, This was built throughout europe. America isn't so far ahead of the rest of us like they seem to think.

Also on the new today, Britian has just launched a new GPS satalite (Galileo) , which is supposed have unriveld accrucy (even from America).

BBC News

Galileo

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The eurofighter isnt that great.
1. as far as I know it is not stealth so the EU could have all the interceptors it wants and we could just sneak in and bomb # and dash out.
2. the next large scale war will probably be decided by who can shoot down whos ICBM's
3. We'll probably be fighting in space by the time it matters
4. eveyone is better than they say they are to avoid getting bomded/nuked
5. I havent checked but is the ef really better than the f-22 or was that ruled out when you selected which planes are "out"

-----------------------------------------PWNED---------------PWNED---------------------------------------------------------

[edit on 12/28/05 by TristanBW9456]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I dont remember the name, but Russia does have a super secret underground base, where it's thought they reverse engineered not only American and other countries aircraft, but alos extra-terrestrial vehicles.
There was a show about it on the History channel not to long ago, and I do remember seeing a thread somewhere to.

I wouldnt doubt that China, France, U.K and Japan have secret bases for technology R&D, they probably just hide theres better.

or instance, during the old war, in which Japan was our enemy, they had numerous plane production/R&D places and hangars in the mountains/caves and underground, and we did'nrt even know about them until after we invaded, so I think in todays more technologically advanced world, yes there are secret bases for alot of countries, and they are just that "Secret", so we probably will never even have basic knowledge of there whereabouts, as we do about A-51.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
the US is still using concepts designed by the nazis (jet propusion, rockets, guided bombs etc.) and most of the scientists that developed them in america were european, america had the advantage of not having to rebuild after WW2, so it could spend more on R&D, and it also had well funtioning sites (that hadn't been bombed fifty times) at the end of the war,so of course they got ahead but now that advantage is gone and the rest of the world is catching up.

as regards hiding things, it would be easier to hide a base in the china than in the US, it'ed also be a lot easier to cover somthing like that up, they're becoming far more technologically advanced than they were and they feel they've somthing to prove, i'd say their a likely candidate for a secret reasearch project or two.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
First of all, I'd like to add that not even the stealth is actually stealth.

It can scramble the immediate area on a radar, but it is still visible.
An EF2000 Typhoon has no use for stealth. It can outmaneuver and outgun todays fighters. Not to mention its targetting capability is incredible.

And if you want to analyze technology. The americans are still incapable of effectively using VTOL fighter technology.

The osprey in its long service is rarely, to never, converted in the air. The procedure is too treacherous and difficult to do.
The prototypes for the F-32 have yet to pass trial. They still cannot hover or fly effectively.

The harrier has been operating extremely effectively for a long time. The british remain the only ones to succeed at that.

Now, as for the F22. It would be pretty useless when it comes to dogfights. The bomb-bay has to be opened before it can fire, (which takes aproximately 4 seconds if I remember correctly) once its open, the envelope is ruined, it can no longer maneuver effectively. The f-22's radar signature become incredibly large when the bomb bay is open, especially to ground defences.

From my observations, european military technology is designed to be simply in, out, and leave a path of destruction behind it.
American technology is trying to focus on being stealthy, and having un-necessarily complex tecnology on board. All of which will get you killed if one minor problem occurs with one piece of it.

Like one of my favorite quotes.
"Heavy is good. Heavy is reliable. If it doesnt shoot, you can allways hit him with it."

[edit on 28-12-2005 by johnsky]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
well you got me there but still other planes that the us has
B-2*
B-52*
F-117
A-10(theres you in out path of destruction lol)
All of the A51/A19 sh-t

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
A very important factor to bear in mind is cost and the United States can definitely afford it!

Their budget for military expenditure is absolutely huge, I believe nearly half of that of the world combined. If someone checks into the figures at Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SPIRI) they can probably get accurate numbers.

While the U.S. did adopt the knowledge of defecting German scientists in the early half of the 20th century and this certainly helped in their black project beginnings, it is the country's immense budget for R&D that allows them to remain steps ahead of the rest.

Just because the USAF wants people to believe the F-22 and F-35 are the high-tech next-generation fighters paving the way, doesn't mean they actually are!

Other countries have their secretive proving grounds, but the high expenditure required limits advancement. Also notable, not all countries rank military spending as high as the USA.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TristanBW9456
If A51 is so super advanced then maybe some other countries have something similar???

Yes, there are several of these Top Secret bases around the world.

In Russia, there is one Near Saratov.

In the UK there is supposetly stuff going on at RAF Boscom Downs.

Tim

top topics

join