It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51:ID Batch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Ok, first of all, I got these pics from a episode of StarGate, I know it's probably all fiction and stuff. But isn't there a posibility that these might be the batches they really use at Area 51?

Cause at the end of the episode, when they show the credits etc, there are some lines that say:

"We gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of the Department of Defense, Department of the Air Force and U.S Space Command"

and Area 51 belongs to the airforce if I'm right ?
Just an idea though, might as well could be just fake.
Anyways, here are the pictures.

external image

Regards

Mod Edit: Resized Image

[edit on 12/28/05 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
He he, you never know. Just wish I could read what is on the back of that right hand picture.

But why on earth would the DoD and AF just give out the design of the badge? isn't the program capable of making something up? And have you checked the credits of other episodes to check for the same acknowledgments?

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The Stargate badge is just a movie prop. If you want to see some real Area 51 badges, go to this link and scroll down to the bottom of the page:

roadrunnersinternationale.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think every episode has those acknowledgements b/c half the show takes place in Cheyanne Mountain (a short drive from my other apartment) which is a AF base. So I'm sure they have plenty of people who are military to keep the "realism" to the show...

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Groggy
Cause at the end of the episode, when they show the credits etc, there are some lines that say:

"We gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of the Department of Defense, Department of the Air Force and U.S Space Command"

[edit on 12/28/05 by FredT]

Don't forget, a lot of the StarGate Stuff is filmed at Cheyenne Mountain, and that belongs to the USAF and DoD.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Both the Stargate shows are filmed in Vancouver.

The reason they have that is because they have advisors from those branches who help them make the show realistic. The Air Force does have to approve every story though.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I don't think stargate is filmed at Cheyenne Mtn, I would bet they simply use some stock footage or their own footage through limited access granted to them in the past.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

The reason they have that is because they have advisors from those branches who help them make the show realistic. The Air Force does have to approve every story though.

The AF has to approve each show? Or just the under lying story? I never knew the military had any right to either approve or disapprove any TV episode.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Sorry, should have been more clear. Just the underlying story. At least that's what I was told by some people I know that work on both shows.

The US Forces know that the show is good PR for them and shows them to be the good guys. They don't want that changed. In exchange, they do things like this:

Actor and executive producer Richard Dean Anderson of Stargate SG-1 will be recognized at the Air Force Association's 57th Annual Air Force Anniversary Dinner in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday, September 14, 2004. Air Force Chief of Staff, General John P. Jumper, will be on hand to participate in the special recognition.

Richard Dean Anderson will be recognized for his role as Executive Producer and star of the television show Stargate SG-1, and for the show's continuous positive depiction of the Air Force. Stargate SG-1 continues to be the number one show on the SCI FI CHANNEL and is currently in its eighth season on the air. It is also exceedingly popular abroad, distributed by MGM Worldwide Television Group to over 100 countries around the world.

Air Force to honor actor, producer

A few USAF personnel have had cameos on the show. (See above press release)

All the Cheyenne Mountain stuff is filmed on-set in North Vancouver at Lions Gate Studios. The outside shot is stock footage.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Remember it is a little known fact that A51 is owned by the DNI. Owned, however, may be the wrong word.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
No those arnt the badges, i very Much Doubt they would show it on TV.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRanchMan
Don't forget, a lot of the StarGate Stuff is filmed at Cheyenne Mountain, and that belongs to the USAF and DoD.

Well technically, Cheyenne Mountain belongs to DoD and the Canadian Ministry of Defense. Remember Cheyenne Mountain is a command center for NORAD. NORAD is a joint US/Canadian air and space defense command.

NORAD

Tim

top topics

join