It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A flood of 'old' members returning to ATS.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
These past couple of weeks I've really noticed an increase of activity from ATS's older members. I'm not just talking about those who have announced their return either. It seems all over the place I am seeing members who I have never seen before.
I don't know what is causing this to happen. Maybe the excitement of the latest boards or the upcoming TV show has drawn back some people.
It's cool though, it seems to be boosting the posting frequency.

Welcome back all you 'old schoolers.' I'm sure ATS is very different from what you remember so dive on in.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well I've been here for 2 1/2 years, but only recently started posting again. This place has changed more times than I can remember in my time here, it's had it's ups and downs, and there's old members that are missed, but there's still plenty of members who make great posts, and the ATSNN articles are top class.

There's been new "regulars" since I first joined, with the old ones dissapearing...but who knows, I didn't come back because of any of the sites advancements, I just wandered back wondering how things were and got hooked all over again. Perhaps we shall still see some of the old ones (that aren't banned
) posting again.

[edit on 22-12-2005 by chebob]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I wish Pisky would come back. I cant imagine what happened to him.

It is nice to see many back home

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
-gets out the pitch fork and the stick on fire-

Umbrax, we must drive them back! Drive them back!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Yeah I noticed that to... I'm sure msot of the old members have over 200 posts.. so maybe.. just maybe... you can stop by chat somewhere between 3 o clock est and 10:30 est....

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I wish Pisky would come back. I cant imagine what happened to him.

It is nice to see many back home

Yeah I was going to ask what happened to Pisky because I hadn't seen him since coming back.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Welcome to Hotel ATS,
You can check out anytime you like,
but you can never leave.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Well I don't consider myself an old timer (although this thread did prompt me to look at the members section- I had no idea just how old I was in ATS years) but the reason I'm suddenly back after several months of very low activity is because Spring semester doesn't start until January 30th and the union hall is taking its sweet time dispatching me to a jobsite.

I don't know about others around here, but I depend on ATS for intellectual stimulation whenever there's nothing fascinating going on in my own life. Whenever I get bored, I magically reappear and go ignorance-hunting- both within myself, and in others.

Or maybe everyone just locked themselves in the bedroom when their families showed up for Christmas, and ATS is their only link to the outside world.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
*starts a bring back Pisky campaign*

What happened to illmatic67? he was such an intelligent poster

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I would love to see Pisky come back. I read the entire 'Piskies ATS Story' and was blown away by his writing abilities.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's on the Short Stories board, but, it's nothing like a short story...it's a novel...and a good one at that.

I'm glad to hear that the older members are coming back.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm old. I'm a member.
I return each day (or so).

Do I count as an 'old returning member'?

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Welcome to Hotel ATS,
You can check out anytime you like,
but you can never leave.

AMEN to that, in intrepid. Oddly enough, I had Hotel California playing while reading this.. right now I'm at 4:55 through the song (it's 6:31 long).

That is awesome coincidence and I loved the way you used that.

I too have been wondering where Pisky is. He was quite a staple to the forums early last year and I miss his posts incredibly.

It's great to have the old-timers back. Come one, come all.. (Wait, am I an old-timer? Geeeee.. good question.)

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
-Joins the Bring Back Pisky Campaign and starts putting up "Have you seen this Pisky" posters-

I also want to know where the heck EastCoastKid went. He's definately one of my favorite democrats.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

( Permission from Pisky was granted for pics i have)

Its not the same without you!!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm not quite sure how long I've been a member but I know it's been a while and I still keep coming here. I enjoy reading the posts though now rather than posting. Every now and then I'll get a wild hair and post but I find that something I might think about writing has already been written-and better!

But I keep a watchful eye

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don't consider myself 'old' but I have lurked here for about 3 years, registered about a year ago, posted like a man possessed then didn't come back for months. Anyway.............

PISKY!

Where art thou?

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
We all remember and miss the Pisk and wonder where in the hell he dissappeared to, but please use these threads for it:

What happened to Pisky??
WHERE IS PISKY???

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I also want to know where the heck EastCoastKid went. He's definately one of my favorite democrats.

Good guy.

I know, but it's a secret.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Lest we forget...

And there's also a certain wife of a certain triple-Z Supermod who left ATS and never returned...not even for a peep. Like a Banshee, she floated away into the ether, ne'er to return.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Masked avatar too.... No doubt we chased him away...he was brilliant!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join