It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do objects carry energy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I have heard many people say that objects can carry energy... or some sort of spirit interaction.

Like say I play my guitar all my life, when I die, that guitar is going to have some sort of link to me.

Does anyone believe this, or have you had any paranormal activity happen with an object owned by a deceased relative?

I know if I die, im going to want to play my old strat again.....

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
i ALWAYS GIVE Away my old pieces because I believe they hold some spirital value...I wont sell my guitars or pianos because I think I owe the talent itself something.....When it comes to music ...You give LIFE to an instrument..It is nothing without you...an object is nothing until you give it soul..A musical instrument is special to you and the next person....."object" is not the word in question. Instrument is. Very different.

I wouldnt selll a cord from my guitar. Music is a gift. You give that gift to someone who would appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
There is a local TV show called Antiques Psychic. People bring in their passed on loved one's old possessions. For example a girl may bring in her grandfather's watch. The psychic will then make contact with the grandfather and anyone one else the girl knows who has passed on.

Kim Dennis is the show's medium and I enjoy watching the show. The guest's reactions look genuine and I believe in what she has to say. One time she had Jan Arden on, if I remember right she cried.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
There is a local TV show called Antiques Psychic.

Kim Dennis is the shows medium and I enjoy watching the show. The guest's reactions look genuine and I believe in what she has to say. One time she had Jan Arden on, if I remember right she cried.

It's funny you mention that, because I was going to bring it up. It was kind of the basis for my thread.

My mom likes watching the show. I have watched it quite a few times. It does seem more genuine. And I did see that episode with Jan Arden.

At first I thought, Antique Psychic... pfft whatever... but as I watched I grasped what it was really about.

She is pretty much bang on with even the smallest details. I know it would shock me if I went there.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yes, I believe that every object is made up of energy and carries energy "imprints", but I don't think any object can be possessed or taken over by a spirit.
I believe that is how psychics can read certain objects- the item was heavily used/loved/hated and can carry that imprint of the energy. The psychic then interprets that energy.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I don't want to go way off topic but I credit Kim Dennis and ATS for turning me away from atheism. I used to have a big fear of death. This was not because I was an atheist as I had this fear my whole life; I only became an atheist in my adult life.
Anyway, now I feel 'comfortable' with death and I appreciate living more. Apparently it is boring in the after life

I do feel our material positions carry a connection to us after we die. After all, we can't take it with us.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
While not to go even more off topic, ah what the heck its my thread !.... I do feel the same...

Hearing the "stories" from the afterlife, it does change your opinion of things. It would be comforting to know that your loved ones are ok etc.

But I also wonder what really happens after death?

I dont really want to live a boring eternal life.

Do we have material things in the afterlife? Homes? Hobbies?

That is what I wonder about. Sure peace and love is all fine and dandy, but how much of your relatives can you really stand !

I should also note for my thread, I have never had any paranormal activity happen with any of my old family items.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Do we have material things in the afterlife? Homes? Hobbies?

I think this is the reason for reincarnation. I'm guessing that the after life is somewhat like what the astral plane is supposed to be.
A while a go I wanted to start a thread asking if people thought (specifically those who have had OBE) that astral plane is the same as the 'other side.'

I've also never had any paranormal activity happen with any of my old family items. Actually I don't have anyone I've felt close to pass away (aside from pets). However I do have a feeling of strength while I'm at home around all my stuff.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The spiritualist churches quite often do "object readings" as part of their standard sermons. I get feelings for lots of things, like rooms with history, objects with history. I can feel it often but then am not too sure whether its the magic of that history, the full richness and where the ideas transport me too thats giving me that "energy feeling"

All objects have energy I guess its the question of how long that energy lasts in sensation, all objects do react in some energy way with what they touch.

Umbrax, the astral plane is like our vision is only of the visible spectrum. Other waves are there but outside our conscious perception of them. The other side to me is like the flat earth theory ... but it really it goes back once again to that spectrum, When we die, we don't finish, we go on to become something else, become part of that invisible outside part of the spectrum thats not part of our live cnsciousness when we astral we go outside of our standard spectrum.

I probably didn't say all that very well.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You betchya' objects carry energy.
Google up 'haunted furniture'.
Ask Ed and Lorraine Warren -
demonologists who keep haunted
furniture from their ghost hunting.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Do objects carry energy?

They can by enchanting, infusing, or imbueing, depending on the magik applied. Don't do this and avoid contact with these objects.

I have heard many people say that objects can carry energy... or some sort of spirit interaction.

I've heard of the same, and though not convinced there are ghosts or spirits living inside of objects.

Does anyone believe this, or have you had any paranormal activity happen with an object owned by a deceased relative?

Not deceased relative, but a few objects owned by different friends. A weird pull like a gravity, a draw, and a very unsettling tingling. I had no idea these things were done to the object until after I'd asked, having felt these effects.

I know if I die, im going to want to play my old strat again.....

I believe they'd have something you'd like in heaven. Not sure you're going to heaven? I'd be glad to help, send U2U.

[edit on 22-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Every thing is made of energy physical matter is supposedly energy that is slowed down.I dont know mich more on this but....As far as ghosts and objects or even similar energy marks of different people can attract ghosts
these i call fetters.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Definately - objects DO hold energy.
(toraylin - the physical body is actualy TRAPPED energy.)
I'm not one that touches something and 'picks up on something' instantly. But different objects do have a different feel to them. I can tell when a piece was once greatly cheerished and get a bit of emotion as to why (i.e. personal, loved one, just like the object - objective), or if something was detested etc. Some things do seem to carry with them a resign like quantative persona.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I grew up in a haunted house. Thankyfully no objects were haunted when we moved.

I can also feel if something in antique store has a haunting with it....I just can feel the energy....I don't know how to explain it.

I beleive there are such things as haunted objects. Last year I read this story about a haunted dubbick box and it scared the baaajebus outta me.

Here ya go:

paranormal.about.com...

HS

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
No objects don't carry spirit energy, the spirit energy hides in objects. Last time I saw anything carry anything it had legs and limbs.
I have seen spirit energy as you call it, whatever, go into objects many times. In fact, I have chased it there with my anger, just to get somebodies bad day out of my face. In fact all that spirit energy is pollution and no good. Good angels face God and don't pollute the telepathic spirit energy brainwave network, mankind does plenty well itself thinking we live in hell instead of Heaven on earth. Frankly with the possible exception of Menguard in this group, I haven't seen very many intelligent questions or answers here indicating either a lack of memory, experience or just the idea this is the place to make light(no pun intended) of the whole paranormal subject.
My opinion is it is not your fault though. You just haven't seen the spirit energy yet that has been altered by anti-matter contamination from the spaceship that crashed in the Persian area about 3300 BC. , I have seen it and asked anyone who had questions about telepathic spirit energy from dead or alive people to ask me anything on my Telepathic thread below. So far with something like 32 readers, no questions. I guess you all are getting your info from each other telepathically
I wouldn't be listening to anyones subconscious thoughts with your subconscious mind if I were you, might make ya sick as a dog that just ate raw salmon. You never know what psychic parasite (anti-matter) comes in from spirit energy. So yes, you are better off not being telepathic but you are not better off being ignorant about the paranormal. It is very real and normal actually. Very damaging and dangerouss also.

' Some folks refuse to learn anything they don't already know.'

Honor Seed

HS

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
no, but energy can carry objects.

Worth mentioning, there appears to be 3 kinds of spirit energy in hell,

1. The bug energy which likes to try and kill ya, or at least make life hell on earth.

2. The mountain man energy which stays out of living human contact, and would rather " kill a human than look at one."

3. The scholarly energy, which stands around in hell observing and told me
to 'go home' when I asked their names.

HS

HS

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Don't get the wrong idea about me, I'm in Heaven on earth. Just cause you visit hell doesn't mean you have to stay there, think of it as a bad vacation.

HS

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I have a thesis on something that relates to this.

I'll summarise it... as I only have it in hard copy now, and I don't feel up to the typing tonight.

Basically, all energy gives off a signature waveform. Like radiowaves, all electrons cause the same effect by simply moving around the nucleus. Due to the extreme complexity of the numbers of electrons within a living thing, their waveforms given off form a unique pattern.
I referr to this unique pattern as an inter-atomic fingerprint.

Objects can both send, and be 'influenced' by these waveforms.

Much as a ripple in a bucket will reflect from walls, and the waveform itself will continue to repeat itself many times, back and forth in the bucket, until it calms down... I believe the waveforms of electrons are recieved by other objects and in turn, it affects that objects own signature.

Along with its own signature, the object will now re-transmit the signature waveform of other objects that used to be nearby.

Essentially, haunted furniture, may simply be re-transmitting the energy it recieved by someone who once sat there. Like the wall in the bucket of water, its sending that waveform back out at set intervals.

It will happen repeatedly, until the object recieves enough waveforms from other people to 'drown out' the original. Or the original waveform simply fades out by itself.

IF my thesis is correct. There is a very simple way to stop a haunting. Radiate the object in question.

No, dont stick it in the microwave... although that may work, I dont want you starting any fires. Theres plenty of other waveforms out there to drown out the ones your object has recieved... like the sun for example.

The sun puts out virtually EVERY waveform imaginable. Every frequency at least. If you simply stick whatever it is that is 'haunted' out in the sun to warm up for a while, the 'ghost' energy in it will be overridden.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by johnsky]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

Of course, everything has energy. Everything on the planet earth, and in space for that matter, is made up of a combination of elements, the most basic two being Hydrogen and Helium (Chemistry 101). All elements are made up of protons, electrons and neutrons. So everything, including the air we breathe, has protons sitting in it, with electrons whizzing around in it. However, it seems self-evident to me that living creatures have a far more powerful magnetic field around them, therefore passing on far more energy to us humans, than inanimate objects do. I'm afraid I doubt that the energy in us is transmitted and "stored" in inanimate objects like your strad (though I can't say so for sure - an interesting question), just like I doubt your strad passes on much energy to you. The Chinese believe that all objects around pass energy to you (chi) and that the position of those objects greatly affects your life. Personally, I'm really doubtful, as I think that whatever energy inanimate objects possess is much less than the energy you get from other people in your house, or from your pet(s). Would like to hear back from anyone who thinks otherwise.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It is understood, not unlike recording equiptment that registers vibrations and then records such vibrations onto a medum, recording onto items is simular.

Everything is made up of energy. from the atoms that makes up the mass of an item, the base of each building block is energy and space.

Vibrations provide frequency, frequency can spread to other forms of energy, and a "recording" of frequencies can be transmited to mass.

Personally, I use to be able to "feel" an object and tell a history.

new topics

top topics

join