It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody ever read this book?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I love reading books about "stuff", I own "The pipefitters bible", "The electricians bible", "The distillers bible", etc., etc......
I found this book at the library today, it's called "The Bible". I figure "this book must be about everything",,,, so I checked it out. Reading most of the morning, this book is kinda like a history book or something. I wonder if it's all real or just fiction. It's a good story though, I kinda doubt if the "Big Guy" up above really reached his hand down and wrote the stuff that people said he did. I kinda think that people wrote what they think he might have said. And other people rewrote that and made it even different than the original. It makes me wonder if the "original" original still exists. That would be a totally cool read.
I've read up to Luke 1:31, it says "You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the son of the Most High".
Does this mean that Jesus' dad is a stoner? I haven't read to the end yet, has anyone read this?
Thanks for your comments.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's all in fun, maybe I think too much but I often wondered:

Do you think that when Jesus was a kid he ever got spanked?

A teenage Jesus out behind the stable smoking with his friends?

Think Jesus might have ever said,
"You have to let me do it Mom, I'm the son of God."?

Swipe a couple bottles of Joseph's wine and go party with his friends?

Can you think of any more?

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Do you think that when Jesus was a kid he ever got spanked?

A teenage Jesus out behind the stable smoking with his friends?

Think Jesus might have ever said,
"You have to let me do it Mom, I'm the son of God."?

Swipe a couple bottles of Joseph's wine and go party with his friends?

You may be right, there's nothing about a lot of Jesus' teenage years in the Bible. Maybe it's stored away in the vatican somewhere. That's a gospel I'd like to read: Jesus - The Rebel Years.

Chpt 23 vs 12

Jesus first attempts to turn water into wine met with great success and celebration. His friends did praise him on high, thanking him for this wonderful bounty of cheap plonk. And they praised him high and well, until 2am when verily the heathen landlord did ejecteth them from the pub.

... And lo it came to pass that Jesus did barf over Marys new carpet. And Cometh the dawn Mary did find him there asleepeth peacefully in the bath.
And lo she was pissed.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Ha Ha Ha.....
You have a way with words Kegs, are you a writer?

I agree, if he was a real person there had to be a time when he was just a normal kid learning "the ways of the world".

I don't think this is going to be a very popular thread, I started it out wrong.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The 'Apocrypha' has accounts of Jesus' childhood. Some claim these are Catholic add ons. 'The Infancy Gospel of Thomas' is what you may want to read. Sorry, no keggers.

[edit on 23-12-2005 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
I've read up to Luke 1:31, it says "You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the son of the Most High".
Does this mean that Jesus' dad is a stoner? I haven't read to the end yet, has anyone read this?

If I were Joseph and I was told by other worldy beings that my wife was giving birth to God, my first thoughts would probably be of wanting my brain to be numb, too. The stress of raising children is enough when you are raising a child, but raising God would be infinitley more stressful i think. I mean, think of sending God to the corner for a time out, or having to discipline God. Seems like a big responsibility for a carpenter. Those are some of my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
dude joseph was rockin the ganja........he probably had some of that "burning bush" that moses smoked......

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Esoteric Teacher, that's exactly the point I was trying to make with this thread. I sure would like to get my hands on some of those old "hidden" texts that the churches don't want us to see.

Plague, Ha, Ha, Ha, makes you wonder huh?

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Beelzebubba, That link is a good read, I wonder why they would take that out of the bible? Or maybe they never put it in to begin with?

To me anyway, things like that make Jesus seem more like a "real" person. Someone that you can relate to.

new topics

top topics

join