It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats it like to work for the Army?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Im thinking maybe joining British Army as an Officer. Whats it like to work there as a soldier and as an officer? My guess is conditions are better in UK than US army.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Sorry but you don't really work for the Army, you serve and protect your country.

It maybe the hardest thing you ever do.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
First you can not start off as a Officer unless you have been to OTS.
You have to be a grunt and that is just that, A GRUNT.

Things change all the time now with the Army and I can't say much about British Army, I don't ask the guys what it was like on there side of the world. Like SpittinCobra said you will be doing things that you may not like doing! Hope it works out were you go. Just think that life is going to be hell from day to day. That way you will be just find when it is not that bad.

But I can say that there will be days if you have to fight that the hell you think it would be does not close at all the real hell of war.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Why would you think conditions are better in the UK?

The US has vastly better funding, and far more resources to help shoulder your work.

In any case, I can offer second hand advice. Being in the military isn't a job. It is a responsability you get paid for. It's not like sitting in an office where you can quit, and where the worst that happens when you screw up is you get fired. Peoples lives are at stake. National security is at stake.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well, if you're from the US, you just don't join another country's armed forces. You would have to become a citizen of the UK and live there for some time before you were able to join...so that would be a number of years before that would come to fruition.

If you're asking what Army life is like...I did it for 12 years. It's what you make of it.

new topics

top topics

join