It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans tortured me - Saddam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
saddam hussein has alleged that he has been beaten on every place of his body, and the signs are all over his body.
this comes days into his trial where he is being charged for the murder of over 148 people after an attempt on his life.

news.bbc.co.uk
"I have been beaten on every place of my body, and the signs are all over my body," he told the court.

Christopher Reid of the US Embassy in Baghdad rejected the allegation, telling CNN it was "absolutely bogus".

Saddam Hussein is on trial over the killing of 148 people in the Iraqi Shia village of Dujail in 1982. He denies responsibility for the deaths.

The prosecution ridiculed his claim of torture, saying the former Iraqi leader was being held in an air-conditioned room when some of Baghdad had no power.

Saddam Hussein had spent much of the day listening quietly as two witnesses testified against him and seven associates.

They said Saddam Hussein's half-brother Barzan al-Tikriti - a former intelligence chief who is also on trial - had been present when they were tortured.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

more news has just come in
the US govermnet has denied these accusations and have said saddam has been treated very well and has been kept in a air conditioned room even when most of Bagdad has been without power.

in my point of view this is just plain hilerious since he had all this time to say something and yet he chooses this time when he is a few days into the trial.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by bodrul]

[edit on 25-12-2005 by asala]

apc

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hahaha. Even if it were true that he had been abused, I don't think even the dumbest Army private would be stupid enough to leave a mark on him. Talk about a smoking gun that would be seen by the entire world.

This is just an attempt to illicit response from the fools who follow him.

Yeah, right. Someone please execute this nutcase

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Here we go. It has been my opinion that the world would have been better off if they had just tossed a grenade down that hole instead of capturing him. Say what you want about him, but Saddam is no dummy. He knows that his best chance is use the media's bias on the war in Iraq to stir up an international outcry so that he won't be put to death. As long as Saddam is alive there are thousands of Iraqis who believe that he will return to power. It would have been better if he would have been killed instead of captured.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It's no different to the manipulation we receive on a daily basis from our politicians. Except people obviously notice it clearly when some one they don't like is doing the manipulation. There will be those who believe Saddam and his claims implicitly without question...sounds familiar. I wont make my mind up until I see some evidence.

It's plausible that Saddam is lying through his teeth. Yet again, its also plausible that American forces could of tortured him.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Gimme a break.

This is probably the reason he didn't appear in court for somtime. So that he could dream up some new ploy. Maybe, give HIMSELF a couple of bruises to make things look bad.

If US security really did somthing like this,....It would be the absolute stupidest move by the US. With all the media surrounding this man, you would think the US would probably try to do everything they could to make sure he was pampered so as not to further sour international support.

Carburetor

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This is really good for a big laugh. He is just following al-Qa'eda Rule 18 of the al-Qa'eda training manual which states 'You must claim you were tortured'.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Even if he was tortured. Who cares? Awww the poor baby doesnt like it, huh? He cant even handle being locked in a room alone. I wonder how all those people felt, who died at his hands. I hope they visit him everynight when he's alone. There's a special place in hell for him.

On a side note, this trial is hilarious. They need to make it into a boxset and release it on DVD when its done. Good stuff. Watch it when you can.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
HE truly is a narcissist.
And he know's how many ambulance chasers are keeping up with the trial

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
well, I am against our troops torturing anyone, even Saddam........

that being said, I hope the guy doesn't expect my sympathy, he's not getting it!!!

did he at least lift up his shirt and show a few bruises? or are we to take the master of torture's word for it.

one thing is for sure if anyone knows torture, it's him!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Is it certain he actually meant humiliation instead of torture since pictures of him were presented to the public? He sure as heck dont look like he was tortured when seeing him in court.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Saddam looks to still be in pretty good health. I would think our "American torturers" would do a better job than that. (said tongue-in-cheek).

Seriously, this is an entire trainload of BS IMHO.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Oh boy! Now ain't this a riot? With all the scandals of our servicemen abusing POWs in Afganistan and Iraq, anyone with a half a brain would know this clown is full a c-c-c-rap!

My question to him would be why in the hell did you not report it before today? I suppse his torture would be that the Americans denied him the privilege to come and go as he'd been so used to most of his life!

Why is this guy on trial? Everyone knows he's guilty of the charges he's being tried for! For crying out loud!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Hahaha. Even if it were true that he had been abused, I don't think even the dumbest Army private would be stupid enough to leave a mark on him. Talk about a smoking gun that would be seen by the entire world.

The Beatings began as soon as he was captured.

It was caught on film with gloating.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised

Im also not surprised at those who thought it was a complete lie based on no evidence at the time. To those who think torturing Saddam is acceptable because he did it to other people, you might consider advocating Shariah Law. I hear that would be more to your liking as opposed to the rule of law used in modern Western nations.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Now all we need is an enterprising pitchfork salesman and we can get this party underway. :shk:

Anybody stop to ask why, with all the horrible things Saddam has supposed to have done to his people, this is the only thing he's being charged with? Why did the US Government spend $128 million dollars "training" the judges and prosecution lawyers for this one trial, with the full intention that he WILL be found guilty and executed before he has an opportunity to answer any of the more serious charges?

We've all seen enough court shows to know you go after the one you can prove, right? That only tells me one thing, the rest of the charges lack evidence or they can be disproved.

I don't know if he was tortured and since I don't think he confessed to anything, I'd say he probably wasn't tortured. There is evidence that he was beaten though, and held for an extremely long time without being charged.

If the trial was being held in the US, I doubt you could find a judge that would touch it - under current laws. With so much obvious support for this style of justice, that could be changing soon though. Gotta go buy me some pitchforks.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
The Beatings began as soon as he was captured.

ArchAngel, as 'a' typical, you take and say something that is a half-fact. Your insinuation that that one lone picture verifies and substantiates Saddam's US tortured him claims is ludicrous. You had better come up with more than one lone photo to make your case more vaild than simple unfounded and unsubstantiated assertions. The story behind that picture has been out since 2003, when Saddam was captured.

"I was so angry," says Samir, who immigrated to St. Louis eleven years ago after fleeing Iraq. "I began cussing at him, calling him a mother#er, a son-of-a-bitch -- you name it. I told him I was Shiite from the south and was part of the revolution against him in 1991. I said he murdered my uncles and cousins. He imprisoned my father.

"All these years of anger, I couldn't stop. I tried to say the worst things I could. I told him if he were a real man he would have killed himself. I asked him: 'Why are you living in that dirty little hole, you bastard? You are a rat. Your father is a rat.'"

In Arabic, Saddam told Samir to shut up. And when Saddam called him a traitor, an enraged Samir silenced his prisoner with a flurry of quick jabs to the face.

"I punched Saddam in the mouth."

"I Punched Saddam in the Mouth"

Saddam is doing nothing more than using the Al-Qaeda playbook, err, handbook, were it specifically tells its people:

Al Qaeda Handbook: "Claim the Americans are torturing you."
Well, this certainly explains a lot. Chad Evans is all over this one and you definitely need to read his take, but I just have to put this up. Washington Times:

An al Qaeda handbook preaches to operatives to level charges of torture once captured...

A directive lists one mission as "spreading rumors and writing statements that instigate people against the enemy."

If captured, the manual states, "At the beginning of the trial ... the brothers must insist on proving that torture was inflicted on them by state security before the judge. Complain of mistreatment while in prison."

Al-Qaeda Handbook: "Claim the Americans are torturing you."
Al-Qaeda Handbook Calls for Alleging Torture

seekerof

[edit on 22-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think that I'd like to buy Samir a drink, make that a whole bunch of drinks. If there was something to be covered up wouldn't it be a whole lot simpler for Saddam to have been shot trying to escape instead of running the risk of a trial? Or he could have died from a heart attack or some other illness. With all of the credit being given to the so called "dark forces" that are behind everything you would think that this would be a no-brainer.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
They are trying him for this case because 1) its open and shut and 2) it doesnt implicate any of the current Bush administration like his other crimes against humanity would.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If he was tortured I dont condone it but I do think he deserved it. Even if he was tortured, even if he doesn't have a fair trial he is being a hypocrit and delaying the inevitable. No matter what he will rot in prison and then in hell.

new topics

top topics

join